Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If We Lose @ OSU

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
What actions can we take besides flying a banner or two around Husky Stadium for the Apple Cup?

March around the Athletic Department? Hold an at best lightly attended press conference? Stop Traffic? Wave Signs on Montlake Avenue?

WE ARE DAWGS AND WE SHALL BE HEARD

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    sark isn't going to be fired.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    I like UDub in this one.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    If he loses to OSU and WSU, I believe that may do it
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Let it play out.

Beat WSU at home and the WAC 3rd place team in the Yugo bowl and all of the sudden there is a consecutive winning season and Bowl streak to consider
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Don't forget the all important 8th win ... PROGRESS!!!
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I like the Beavers in this game.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I like the Beavers rather comfortably ... say 35-17
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    The banner should read "7-6 IS NOT OUR STANDARD"
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    HFNY said:

What actions can we take besides flying a banner or two around Husky Stadium for the Apple Cup?

March around the Athletic Department? Hold an at best lightly attended press conference? Stop Traffic? Wave Signs on Montlake Avenue?

Dramatic reenactment of the 1999 WTO visit...
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    If we loose to the Bark Rats and the Cougs, will that do it?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Why does the game against Oregon State matter at all?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    HFNY said:

I'm totally biased about this, but of all the home games (excepting Idaho State in 2013), the apple cup is the most worthless of all and easiest to stay home from, deciding to fuck-it and give away any tickets purchased to friends, neighbors, fellow-workers, etc. especially if they happen to be cooglosers, sodbusters, or just plain WSU alums. They do after all by proclaimation own college football in Seattle and will turn-out anytime in any weather for any circle jerk disguised as a gridiron rivalry just to witness once again what they've learned not to expect. Or you can go to the game and listen to your complaints bounce off the walls of your luxury suite.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tailgater said:

HFNY said:

I'm totally biased about this, but of all the home games (excepting Idaho State in 2013), the apple cup is the most worthless of all and easiest to stay home from, deciding to fuck-it and give away any tickets purchased to friends, neighbors, fellow-workers, etc. especially if they happen to be cooglosers, sodbusters, or just plain WSU alums. They do after all by proclaimation own college football in Seattle and will turn-out anytime in any weather for any circle jerk disguised as a gridiron rivalry just to witness once again what they've learned not to expect. Or you can go to the game and listen to your complaints bounce off the walls of your luxury suite.
    *swoon*

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Although I could have chosen otherwise and am only three seats away from the Purple chairs, I'm not a Heritage Club member, but if I were I believe I'd pay that sodbuster to sit in all four of our seats...... offering him a bonus and all the popcorn he desires in the event it rains or snows.
  • If? Umm sark is 7-18 on the road UW is losing this game.
    sark took over, 0-12 program, other schools cherry picked local recruits when the program was down, sark took UW to a bowl in year 2, great recruiter, offensive genius, QB guru, socal connections, ticket sales are up, beat USC in first year, holiday bowl win.

now has lost starting QB (everyone wanted cyler to start the year), best no name lineman hurt, lost Timu, lost shamburger...most experience. fluke turnovers, hung in there with a young #13 team in the nation.

Sark will get a number of years, he will start 5-0 next year. They will shit the bed, and the excuse will be a freshman QB doesn't have the experience yet to be expected to compete.

Sark is here to stay....cook it.......money guys are happy, the pocket book is happy, doogs are happy making excuses....husky football is doing fine.

There is a small fringe of haters, that want UW to fail, and are short sided.

Only two callers on the post game show were even discussing letting go of Sark. dawgman show had lots of callers saying they loved sark.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    James, the slush fund guys could not possibly be content with a 7 win season. There are plenty of people who are not calling for his head now but will after the season is over. Hugh will be one but will do so cautiously.
    I guess we will have to let it play out....not sure who you are referring to, but money guys should have had him fired after the Apple Cup last year. Sark's a good guy and coach, everyone says so.

The fringe fan base is small in their eyes.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    I can't tell if you are serious or joking.

And what makes "Sark" a good guy? You realize he is married with a wife and kids and not a bachelor right?
    jecornel said:

I guess we will have to let it play out....not sure who you are referring to, but money guys should have had him fired after the Apple Cup last year. Sark's a good guy and coach, everyone says so.

The fringe fan base is small in their eyes.