Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump's tax cut didn't trickle down

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

No. I got stupid fucking democrat policies led to poor lending practices for social justice bullshit which caused a huge housing bubble and it's eventual collapse that everyone had to pay for.

Except Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the presidency the 6 years prior. Dumbfuck.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=81258
    Except it was Jimmy Carter and Billy Boy Clinton that put those rules in place. Carter started it Clinton expanded it. Are you always this dumb? Of course you are.
    You can't fix stupid.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

No. I got stupid fucking democrat policies led to poor lending practices for social justice bullshit which caused a huge housing bubble and it's eventual collapse that everyone had to pay for.

Except Republicans controlled both houses of Congress and the presidency the 6 years prior. Dumbfuck.

Except the lowering of lending standards began during the Clinton administration. Bush gets his share of the blame for not addressing it but, the impetus of the crisis belongs to the Democrats.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/hey-barney-frank-the-government-did-cause-the-housing-crisis/249903/
    When you spend 8 years saying Obama needs to stop blaming Bush you lose all rights to factually look at things. It happened under Obama it’s his fault, stop blaming Bush. It happened under Bush it’s his fault, stop blaming Clinton.
    I understand how politics work and how decisions made during one administration carry over into the subsequent ones. Bush had the opportunity to tighten up the lending practices and didn’t. For that he gets his share of blame. But, the loosening of those regulations started under Clinton’s watch, when the Democrats controlled both Houses.

Actually Republicans controlled both houses from 1994 through the end of his presidency. But still.
    And the Democrats controlled both houses from 1993 to 1995, when the ‘deregulation’ began. Both parties have their share of the blame but it was the Democrats who instituted the policies to woo the lower income voter. The Republicans didn’t overturn it because they were trying to pull those same voters. That’s my biggest issue with politics today, politicians do what’s best for them or their party, not the country.

Yes both parties had their hand in it.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

There you go again.

Cute Fox Paus omitting the S&L scandel, the precursor to the swelling bulge which eventually ruptured, and nearly brought down our democratic republic. (like a smart Dem I cashed my chips in and bought tulips before the crash)

And yeah, Roger Stone is my source.

Before the unfortunate shit storm that tested our sacred party, our steadfast, unwavering, and brilliant Democratic leadership stepped up, voted for the bailout rescue/invest in America plan that saved the country and made the tax payers billions. (the surplus Trump repatriated and released to make America the wealthy, wealthier again.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Sledog said:

There you go again.

Cute Fox Paus omitting the S&L scandel, the precursor to the swelling bulge which eventually ruptured, and nearly brought down our democratic republic. (like a smart Dem I cashed my chips in and bought tulips before the crash)

And yeah, Roger Stone is my source.

Before the unfortunate shit storm that tested our sacred party, our steadfast, unwavering, and brilliant Democratic leadership stepped up, voted for the bailout rescue/invest in America plan that saved the country and made the tax payers billions. (the surplus Trump repatriated and released to make America the wealthy, wealthier again.

Chinned for the OG bubble reference.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    While we’re on the ‘08 crash and the Wall St bailout did anyone see what financial wunderkind Tim Geithner is up to lately?

Mailing checks to destitute people, hoping they cash it, and then charging 350% interest on it. If you don’t pay you get sued and have to pay attorney’s fees for the billion dollar hedge fund that sent the checks.

The man just continues to impress.
  • Options

While we’re on the ‘08 crash and the Wall St bailout did anyone see what financial wunderkind Tim Geithner is up to lately?

Mailing checks to destitute people, hoping they cash it, and then charging 350% interest on it. If you don’t pay you get sued and have to pay attorney’s fees for the billion dollar hedge fund that sent the checks.

The man just continues to impress.

Sounds like a great business plan.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    edited July 2018
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Except it was Jimmy Carter and Billy Boy Clinton that put those rules in place. Carter started it Clinton expanded it. Are you always this dumb? Of course you are.
    And Trump wants to gut Dodd Frank so we can do it all again. Fun!
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

This is the stupidest explanation of the housing bubble I have ever heard. And that’s saying something.
    Not surprising that it came from Sledog. He takes retard to levels never dreamed of by regular humans.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

This is the stupidest explanation of the housing bubble I have ever heard. And that’s saying something.
    Not surprising that it came from Sledog. He takes retard to levels never dreamed of by regular humans.

Haaaave you seen hondo
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The tax plan is flawed. The middle class has seen Very negligible gains in take home pay whereas the top brackets are seeing much more relief. Anyone who thought the main beneficiaries, Big corps,were gonna pass down much of their savings to employees were living in fantasy land. And those that own jumbo loan homes that make 150-200k per year are really gonna be pissed come next April.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Haaaave you seen hondo
    Nobody thinks Hondo is a regular human.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Where's your explanation Poindexter?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/12/hey-barney-frank-the-government-did-cause-the-housing-crisis/249903/
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Where's your explanation Poindexter?

For those unaware Peter Wallison is a fellow at AEI
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,178
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

The tax plan is flawed. The middle class has seen Very negligible gains in take home pay whereas the top brackets are seeing much more relief. Anyone who thought the main beneficiaries, Big corps,were gonna pass down much of their savings to employees were living in fantasy land. And those that own jumbo loan homes that make 150-200k per year are really gonna be pissed come next April.

Add about $750K to that number.
  • Options

The housing bubble was created by stupid government interference in the housing market combined with stupid government low interest rate policies. Look no further than Greenspan, who served under both parties, to confirm as much. The people on Wall Street took advantage of the situation but they didn't create it. The same goes for all those people that took out loans they couldn't afford. That's the nature of an individualized system acting in aggregate.

If you think lowering the corporate tax rate and streamlining the tax code isn't good for American competitiveness long term then your FS.

It's also better for small and middle sized businesses who don't have armies of accountants to ship money overseas or find every tax loophole. Large multinationals never paid the nominal corporate tax rate anyways.

The problem with you small and medium business issue.... The ones that are actually saving meaningful money do have the money to pay accountants.

The vast majority of the corporate tax cuts is going to the wealthy. And I'm sure you were a dude bashing on the deficit the prior 8 years.... Which now means nothing?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

The housing bubble was created by stupid government interference in the housing market combined with stupid government low interest rate policies. Look no further than Greenspan, who served under both parties, to confirm as much. The people on Wall Street took advantage of the situation but they didn't create it. The same goes for all those people that took out loans they couldn't afford. That's the nature of an individualized system acting in aggregate.

If you think lowering the corporate tax rate and streamlining the tax code isn't good for American competitiveness long term then your FS.

It's also better for small and middle sized businesses who don't have armies of accountants to ship money overseas or find every tax loophole. Large multinationals never paid the nominal corporate tax rate anyways.

The problem with you small and medium business issue.... The ones that are actually saving meaningful money do have the money to pay accountants.

The vast majority of the corporate tax cuts is going to the wealthy. And I'm sure you were a dude bashing on the deficit the prior 8 years.... Which now means nothing?
    No, they don't have nearly the type of accounting department you think they do and more importantly, they don't have the capital and overseas presence to make significant decisions the way multinationals do.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes so how exactly should the tax cuts be dolled out? Also, are you measuring aggregate cuts, real numbers, percentage of income, or how exactly? I'd be curious to see the actual numbers as opposed to a talking point.

No, I haven't thought the deficit was that big of an issue since I took 300 level macro. We essentially take out debt out at a lower interest rate than inflation(i.e. negative interest). I think that the money we are essentially able to invest is better managed by the American taxpayers than large government agencies or contractors.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018

salemcoog said:

Add about $750K to that number.
    I’d argue that the Dude making a Mill per year isn’t gonna care about losing much of his mortgage interest/local tax deduction NEAR as much as the dude or dudette making 200K per year. Especially since their taxes have been lowered at a higher percentage than the 150-200 guy.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

No, they don't have nearly the type of accounting department you think they do and more importantly, they don't have the capital and overseas presence to make significant decisions the way multinationals do.

The wealthy pay the majority of taxes so how exactly should the tax cuts be dolled out? Also, are you measuring aggregate cuts, real numbers, percentage of income, or how exactly? I'd be curious to see the actual numbers as opposed to a talking point.

No, I haven't thought the deficit was that big of an issue since I took 300 level macro. We essentially take out debt out at a lower interest rate than inflation(i.e. negative interest). I think that the money we are essentially able to invest is better managed by the American taxpayers than large government agencies or contractors.
    You are talking in circles. You say we need a tax cut to keep businesses producing in America then say that most of those businesses don't have the capital to make global decisions. Yes the small mom and pop that makes $100k a year doesn't have large accounting department. They also didn't save much either. But there are many CPAs that'll do the tax work and planning for $5k.... They can't afford that???

And you can read article after article about where the corporate tax cuts went. They were promoted as going to hiring people and investing in New businesses. But any person with a brain knows that corporations were already flush with cash and weren't investing. They don't invest unless there is demand. There isn't increased demand from a tax cut unless it goes to the middle class. So..... They spent it on stock buybacks and dividends with pennies going to employees.

This is very basic economics if you take your Trump dick sucking hat off.