Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your favorite American adjunct grain pale lager?

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Write-In Option

Please forgive the WTF but gotta do it. Sam Adams is neither a pale lager, nor does it use adjunct grains. But still, it's an all time classic craft brew and in the HOF.

Never apologize for dropping a WTF if it’s deserved. Clearly I need to brush up on my beer taxonomy. :smile:
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Write-In Option
    Montucky Cold Snacks.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Coor Light
    Voted Coors Light because I like to watch my girlish figure -

But the boys at Abita make some damned fine beers. Their cream soda is also goddamned delicious.

https://abita.com/brews

If you're not getting fucked/fucked up in NOLA, you got no game and should move back to Portland.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coors Banquet Beer

But the boys at Abita make some damned fine beers. Their cream soda is also goddamned delicious.

If you're not getting fucked/fucked up in NOLA, you got no game and should move back to Portland.

I drink a lot of Coors Light on the boat in the summer. Keeps me from getting a DUI.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

New board motto
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Coors Banquet Beer

If I'm spending $15 on beer I'd rather get a 12-pack of something nice versus 18 of the piss water listed here.

I’d love to go back to paying $15 for an 18 pack of Banquet. Paid $21 this week.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,551
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2023
    Write-In Option
    Used to have beers of the world blind tasting events at my house and hands down the winners were always Canadian beers {Molson export ale (no longer made) was the clear winner] followed by messican beeer XX and Dutch pale ale’s. Everyone always agreed that American beers were crap [hated them] which is why to the surprise of no one, craft beers have since done so well.

Saying that, I always used to think drinking Vitamin R and PBR was worth it.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Coors Banquet Beer
    I missed this pole when it came out and in 2018, I would’ve picked PBR and Coors Light would be 2nd.

Fast forward and @YellowSnow got me started on drinking Coors Banquets.

Me and about 6 friends did a blind taste test and Banquet was number 1.

High Life is pure trash as is Bud Lite. I’m surprised to find that I enjoy the taste of Budweiser.

CSB
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,551
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Write-In Option
    My worst beer experience was the very well named Iron City…
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2023
    Write-In Option
    It’s the champagne of bottle beers.

Yes, I marked the wrong button in the poll. Didn’t see a way to edit.

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coor Light
    I was a common lurker when this was originally posted. As a young, bushy-tailed beisbol dude, I followed the "Three C's" diet...Coffee, Copenhagen, and Coors Lt. About 10 years ago, after my transition to "Craft Beer" (essentially hop-heavy IPAs), a friend was coming to stay with us for the weekend. The wife was going to Costco, and I told her to get a 30 pack of CL.."OMG, they will be in the fridge for a month"...It was October, Husky game / baseball playoffs, great TV Saturday. Next morn, a lonely single can was left. That may have been my last tim drinking 12-15 beers in a sitting, and mass-produced beer in general, excepting Pacifico when down Mexico way...
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Olympia
    Shame on you for leaving Hamm's off the poll.

A 6 pack of pounder cans at the Harbor Ave 7-11, drank while parked on Alki watching the sunset over the Olympics and reflecting off the downtown office towers is one of life's great pleasures.
    Founders Club
    Coors Banquet Beer

Shame on you for leaving Hamm's off the poll.

A 6 pack of pounder cans at the Harbor Ave 7-11, drank while parked on Alki watching the sunset over the Olympics and reflecting off the downtown office towers is one of life's great pleasures.

I showed up to watch a game at a friends house and brought a 6 pack of Hamms tall boys because I hadn’t seen Hamms in forever. Friends wife saw the beer and whispered to me, “is everything ok? Do you and Mrs Nacho need money? We can help.”

CSB
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coors Banquet Beer
    I will drink Oly if the dive bar I am at has it. If they don’t I stick with Coors.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,730
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

I will drink Oly if the dive bar I am at has it. If they don’t I stick with Coors.

Olympia was severely underrated as a beer. REAL German brew mastery in the original

We called Rainier piss beer
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Coors Banquet Beer

El_K said:

Olympia was severely underrated as a beer. REAL German brew mastery in the original

We called Rainier piss beer
    I've never had Oly pre late 90s so I can't speak to its hey day.

One of the all time great LP rears...

Skunk with the Oly tank top is classic.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    Coor Light
    Lucky Lager.

Because cap puzzles are awesome.