Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doog Recruiting Test: Do you agree?

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No I don't agree.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

whuggy said:

5 star talent is great but typically comes with some baggage. These players have always been the best but being god given their work et

Doogles said:

I forget the magic ratio number of 4/5 stars it takes to win a natty if someone wants to link the article, but isn't Pete trending up and about to surpass it? Are we not about to be one of 15 schools that make the cut?

Petes 3 stars aren't limping into the NFL in the late rounds. They are generally going top two rounds. That's talent bitch.

You have to be a top 15 recruiter to have any kind of chance. Also if you are in that 11-15 group you better have a transcendant QB or you are fucked. Bama can win with shit QB's because they are good everywhere else. Petersen is trending us into that 10-15 level but after Eason we are going to have to hit homeruns with QB play because we have never been serious players for the 5 stars and that is unlikely to change. You might get one every 3 or 4 years but there are about 8 elite programs that battle it out for the studs.
    So same as it ever was. And UW historically can get big time QBs. Eason, Yankoff, Sirmon, Morris, and most likely Huard are all in the pipeline. QB play is trending nicely.

It sucks that our good QB is really shitty when it matters. If this team had Mcsorely I would bet we'd have a chance to win it all. We're right there, even Grandpa Sankey can see it.
    Yep. I kind of get a kick out of all the hand wringing and angst on here about recruiting. We've never been a top 10 recruiting program and doubtful Petersen gets us there. Our realistic formula is to be in that second tier with superb QB play to compete with the big boys.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    edited May 2018
    No - I actually want us to win, not just to make losing feel like winning.
    We should be consistently improving the level of talent signed YoY, AND developing them. You can develop 4/5 stars with a few 3 stars sprinkled in the same way you can with lesser talent.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Yes - I'm a low standards fuckbag Doog and I deserve Owens.
    Doogles said:

Every year with Pete we continue to grab a piece of that outlier talent we usually lose to the big boys. As that trend continues the blend of 4/5 elite propsects with try hard whites will tilt towards the elite. I'm not losing sleep about recruiting.

The problem seems to be once they get on campus they don't beat out the try hards. If you want to focus on that as a potential flaw with Pete i'm open to it. Does he value practice too much? Does his upbringing make him a little more empathetic to the try hard? See Dennis' brilliant fast strategy post for more details.

I think Bowman will be used situationally on 3rd downs and Molden will steal reps from Bryant. Benning should see the bulk of the reps at BUCK. Hopefully we see more of Joyner in the slot as well. BBK isn’t going anywhere unfortunately. Good teams (Stanford/ PSU) all picked on BBK, Bryant and to a lesser degree Bowman. I think Jones, Bacchelli and Fuller will dominate WR reps. I’d like to see more of Bynum/Cook bc they’re superior talents to the latter two I just don’t know if they have the trust of the coaches. I doubt Spiker/Osborne do much this year.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,975
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I am a fan of the 5 star recruit. But I use my own star ranking not the stupid recruiting sites.

So far we have gotten 2 5* recruits under coach pete with Jake Eason and Jake Kizer.

I give 1* for each of the following.

1. Named Jake and will do everything possible to win the game.

2. BIG BACK* and ready to rumble.

3. Attitude and work ethic - everyone should be talking about the difference between highschool Jake and college Jake.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed.

5. This Ones Personal - I think UW will dominate with this TOP stat I made up given to recruits with a unique skills that make them standout.

*or whatever position they play
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Bread said:

I am a fan of the 5 star recruit. But I use my own star ranking not the stupid recruiting sites.

So far we have gotten 2 5* recruits under coach pete with Jake Eason and Jake Kizer.

3. Attitude and work ethic - everyone should be talking about the difference between highschool Jake and college Jake.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed.

5. This Ones Personal - I think UW will dominate with this TOP stat I made up given to recruits with a unique skills that make them standout.

6. Kinda guy you’d take home to meet your Dads’.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,509
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Write in - Question is irrelevant because people who follow recruiting are FAGS and Stan Emptermman was a 2* try hard white guy. Case closed! WOOF!

People who posts in tbs forums on HH are fags. Welcome to the club and grab a seat.
    No thanks. I trust the coaches to do their jobs. I don't need to worry about it.

The high school game tapes and star rankings are irrelevant to D-1 competition anyways.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    We all know recruits read message boreds......I blame you guys for f'ing up our chances at 5* talent. The try hards are drawn to UW to prove something to us, the relentless critics at HH. Fuk all of you sideways
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bread said:

4. Speed, Speed, Speed.

6. Kinda guy you’d take home to meet your Dads’
    You’re Dad’s what?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

PurpleJ said:

Write in - Question is irrelevant because people who follow recruiting are FAGS and Stan Emptermman was a 2* try hard white guy. Case closed! WOOF!

People who posts in tbs forums on HH are fags. Welcome to the club and grab a seat.
    Pick another board if you want to bash the kids.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don't know about the pole. Sounds like dance viewable from gyno-row.

But.

This what I want.

- if the coaches can make an efficient use of resources and find "3 star" rated players that have 5 star potential and talent? Fuck yeah. Get them.
    - if the coaches identify 5 star talent like a ngata and have a realistic chance of getting them? Then fuck yeah, go for it. Good for pub and football elitism and Rep.

At the end of the day, win on the field and gather talented coaches that can recruit (and pay them too) - then recruiting will take care of itself.

Not worried at all.

It's like that other thread where you have a comparison between donte from Oregon showing off his grill... And lake showing off his nfl players. If the kids are more impressed by Golden teeth then fuck em.

Let the kids that want to be recruited that have no fucking clue what's important for them - let them go. Chances are they're potentially more trouble than they are worth.

Unless it's strategic value to add valuable fast strategy players.

I mean, even the Nebraska teams had guys like Lawrence Phillips. The ultimate fast strategy guy.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    animate said:

But.

This what I want.

- if the coaches can make an efficient use of resources and find "3 star" rated players that have 5 star potential and talent? Fuck yeah. Get them.
    - if the coaches identify 5 star talent like a ngata and have a realistic chance of getting them? Then fuck yeah, go for it. Good for pub and football elitism and Rep.

At the end of the day, win on the field and gather talented coaches that can recruit (and pay them too) - then recruiting will take care of itself.

Not worried at all.

It's like that other thread where you have a comparison between donte from Oregon showing off his grill... And lake showing off his nfl players. If the kids are more impressed by Golden teeth then fuck em.

Let the kids that want to be recruited that have no fucking clue what's important for them - let them go. Chances are they're potentially more trouble than they are worth.

I mean, even the Nebraska teams had guys like Lawrence Phillips. The ultimate fast strategy guy.

Fucking kill yourself.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Swaye said:

animate said:

animate said:

But.

This what I want.

Not worried at all.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?
    Maseratis don't replace themselves.
    Step up your insurance to Hagerty, and they do.
  • Options
    animate said:

animate said:

But.

This what I want.

Not worried at all.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?
    Preferably paid up for 12 months!!!
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

animate said:

But.

This what I want.

Not worried at all.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?
    Damn, that's expensive for self immolation.

My position still stands Dennis.

Cardboard Pete + try hard white guys + some Lawrence Phillips types = natty!

Trust the coaches. Don't fight it... feel it.

• Options
    animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

But.

This what I want.

Not worried at all.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?
    Damn, that's expensive for self immolation.

My position still stands Dennis.

Cardboard Pete + try hard white guys + some Lawrence Phillips types = natty!

Trust the coaches. Don't fight it... feel it.

Fuck the coaches. No one is winning a natty with try hards you fucking idiots.