Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Puka's latest follows are Heimuli & Bandes, his likes are kinda trending away from USC. I still have a hard time seeing him coming here though, maybe I'm too pessimistic

Heimuli making up his mind this weekend (if he hasn't already) would be huge, I'd have to imagine puka will be around him a lot this weekend
  • Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    FYI. If a kid is not from Oregon guess what they never wanted the offer. They offer like a million kids a year. It's like fruit cake at Christmas you say thank you and throw it on the pile. Cristoballs is just good at recruiting. That does count for something.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Oregon's WR coach might be heading to the SEC. This could help us with Puka and/or Ford if they decide to decommit
    https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Football-Michael-Johnson-128301999/

Have you seen our? receivers?

Mississippi st. doing Oregon a solid potentially
    Sure, a new coach would probably be an upgrade on the field but as far as closing out this class, this would hurt your chances.

If Puka chooses Oregon with no WR coach or USC with no OC over us then Junior Adams needs to go.
    Johnson wasn’t the head recruiter for Ford
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited January 2019

How the fuck is the West Coast WR picture going to look like;

Joe Ngata: Clemson
    Bru McCoy: Texas
    Kyle Ford: Oregon
    Puka Nacua: USC

This hopefully illustrates how big of fags we really are. That is if you couldn’t realize that after 3 of them initially chose to go to USC.

But @LaMichael_Corleone, it’s so easy to just complain or generically bash... the funny thing about this is that UW’s recruiting is reaching new heights! You need to have a perspective that a lot of it is going right!
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    Domicillo said:

This hopefully illustrates how big of fags we really are. That is if you couldn’t realize that after 3 of them initially chose to go to USC.

But @LaMichael_Corleone, it’s so easy to just complain or generically bash... the funny thing about this is that UW’s recruiting is reaching new heights! You need to have a perspective that a lot of it is going right!
    True. Besides, if we don’t land top targets at WR this year we can wait for next year. LIPO.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Domicillo said:

Dood.......... If you don’t think I’m stoked on this class you’re crazy. When you watch film after a game it all sounds negative and bad because there’s only so much back patting you can do if you want to keep improving and continue to be a perfectionist . If this class just added Joe Ngata and Jude Wolfe (let’s assume Hammer for a second), it’s the perfect class. So until we’re there, it’s going to be addressing flaws.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Domicillo said:

Dood.......... If you don’t think I’m stoked on this class you’re crazy. When you watch film after a game it all sounds negative and bad because there’s only so much back patting you can do if you want to keep improving and continue to be a perfectionist . If this class just added Joe Ngata and Jude Wolfe (let’s assume Hammer for a second), it’s the perfect class. So until we’re there, it’s going to be addressing flaws.
    My man, you missed my sarcasm font. I’m 100% in agreement with you, I just rephrased a handful of comments from doogs on twitter after I’ve talked about the same thing the other day.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

It would’ve taken a little more than that IMO to make it a perfect class.
    Two lights out WR’s
    One lights out RB
    One lights out TE

This and spam and the hammer.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    dhdawg said:

Ruth says she has 3 sources saying that puka wants to flip. Says things look really good for uw.

Yes Ruth can be dense (see: lubick, Matt) but when she comes out with shit like this it's usually accurate.

It’s also demonstrably more specific than her usual “hints” like she did with Asa this week for example...wouldn’t be shocked if Pete takes an in-home early this week to close it out
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

Ruth says she has 3 sources saying that puka wants to flip. Says things look really good for uw.

Yes Ruth can be dense (see: lubick, Matt) but when she comes out with shit like this it's usually accurate.

It’s also demonstrably more specific than her usual “hints” like she did with Asa this week for example...wouldn’t be shocked if Pete takes an in-home early this week to close it out
    I can't see him actually visiting UCLA. And I think Oregon at this point may just hold out for ford
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    I can't handle the ups and downs, I just can't
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Domicillo said:

dhdawg said:

I can't see him actually visiting UCLA. And I think Oregon at this point may just hold out for ford
    Yup, Roof has also held firm on the this is his last visit too despite all the other sites saying he was going to take more visits...we’ll be interesting to see the next couple days what his plans really are.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dhdawg said:

As much as I think it’s true UDUB is in a good spot for him in his own eyes, everyone feels good immediately after a visit and we’ll have to wait and see if his mom takes us seriously by canceling those other visits and having Pete come in home.

I think UDUB can improve going forward with the whole “dont take commits on the visit” while I like that premise and don’t think it should be abandoned, I think we should be more active in looking for that commitment as they go back. Of course every case is different but we’ve heard all the time about how a kid loves it and then boom all the sudden they fall in love with someone else. I’m not harping even just seeing it as an area of improvement instead of just sounding like I’m complaining.