Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

Passion said:

A head coach should have weekly recruiting meeting where each coach reports (and can verify) outreach to recruits.

Two weeks in a row of no effort and you’re door ass out.

Yeah, I'd like Peterman to address this. Was Peterman being "honorable" and letting lubick move on nicely as some sort of investment in the future?

Or did he lose control of recruiting and let it get away from him?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Does it really matter, considering there’s shit all over the bed?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    DawgFader said:

animate said:

Passion said:

A head coach should have weekly recruiting meeting where each coach reports (and can verify) outreach to recruits.

Two weeks in a row of no effort and you’re door ass out.

Yeah, I'd like Peterman to address this. Was Peterman being "honorable" and letting lubick move on nicely as some sort of investment in the future?

Or did he lose control of recruiting and let it get away from him?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    Does it really matter, considering there’s shit all over the bed?
    Sure it does, on a personal level.

I just wanna know what he really thinks instead of the canned professional answers he gives the media.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    “I don’t know,” he said. “We just operate such a different way, so when it happens to the guys that have been committed to us — why would you be calling those kids? They’ve been committed to us forever. But they do. And they’re sending texts and doing all this stuff just to see if there’s any slight change (of a change of heart), and if there is — look out. I think it’s hard. These are kids. And even the families that are going through this stuff for the first time. But it’s the nature of the beast.”
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

“I don’t know,” he said. “We just operate such a different way, so when it happens to the guys that have been committed to us — why would you be calling those kids? They’ve been committed to us forever. But they do. And they’re sending texts and doing all this stuff just to see if there’s any slight change (of a change of heart), and if there is — look out. I think it’s hard. These are kids. And even the families that are going through this stuff for the first time. But it’s the nature of the beast.”

Thank god peterman finally growing the fuck up and doing things like man
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Domicillo said:

I

BlairAngulo:

Right now I believe it is truly 50-50 that he ends up at USC.

Despite the Trojans landing McCoy and Ford (on top of signees Drake London and Munir McClain), Nacua has been drawn to LA for a while and the family likes the degree/networking opportunities there.

His brother, Samson, is also working him toward Utah and the appeal of being able to play together at the next level is real.

There is a dimension here of knowing he was maybe the fourth or fifth option for UW and that's hard to ignore.

He was also the 4th or 5th option for USC...
    And if they hadn't shit themselves recruiting other positions they would have already dropped him.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Offal visits for Puka Puka, reportedly:

January 18 - Washingon
    January 25 - UCLA
    February 1 - Oregon
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

Angulo says no visit this week. He's going to Hawaii for the poly bowl on Monday.

He says that lubick firing didn't have much effect and that we are still in line to draw a visit.
    We need another poly weekend with him and heimuli and all the kids who are already enrolled after the poly bowl.

Lol no other comment needed to demonstrate how dead of weight Lubick was. If the kid doesn’t care that the primary recruiter is gone then that primary recruiter was useless.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    dhdawg said:

Offal visits for Puka Puka, reportedly:

January 18 - Washingon
    January 25 - UCLA
    February 1 - Oregon

Poly Bowl is January 19, this is bullshit
    PoopDuck said he was visiting Oregon on February 1st, and UCLA and Washington in the weeks prior. Passing that on, it could be Washington is earlier. If you'd like more accurate information please give JHop $10.95 - he has nice beer tastes and child support to pay.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fuck Oregon for Feb 1. How are they kicking our ass at this game so thoroughly?

WTF is Pete's precious style that we're no longer fucking?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fuck Oregon for Feb 1. How are they kicking our ass at this game so thoroughly?

WTF is Pete's precious style that we're no longer fucking?

How many recruits are they beating us head to head at? They’re doing very well for themselves with guys they want. We’re also doing well for ourselves with guys we want. There isn’t a lot of overlap there.