Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Makell Esteen, 2020 3* DB, Lawndale (HS), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    They don’t have room
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Greg Biggins 2 hours ago

"Makell was a pretty heavy Oregon lean early in the spring and they're still talking with him right now but I don't think he's as high a priority as he once was. UW is pushing pretty hard and I think they're probably the team to beat right now."

lol is Oregon buying their own bullshit in thinking they have a shot with Ringo or is this an acute case of WDWHA?
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Greg Biggins 2 hours ago

"Makell was a pretty heavy Oregon lean early in the spring and they're still talking with him right now but I don't think he's as high a priority as he once was. UW is pushing pretty hard and I think they're probably the team to beat right now."

lol is Oregon buying their own bullshit in thinking they have a shot with Ringo or is this an acute case of WDWHA?
    Hopkins said Oregon is worried about his speed. That was over 2 months ago. It could be that UW offered and they figured they could chase an equivalent elsewhere.

Who the hell knows?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon stopped recruiting him when they thought they had Steele. Then they tried to get back with him and he wasnt having it
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

Greg Biggins 2 hours ago

Hopkins said Oregon is worried about his speed. That was over 2 months ago. It could be that UW offered and they figured they could chase an equivalent elsewhere.

Who the hell knows?
    Speed looks adequate for any DB position.

https://youtu.be/3rrMfjY8l-Q
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

Oregon stopped recruiting him when they thought they had Steele. Then they tried to get back with him and he wasnt having it

Steele's a corner. Esteen is a safety in college. Plus they are in different classes and Oregon has soft DB commits that'll sign elsewhere. They weren't related.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Greg Biggins 2 hours ago

So Biggie dropping the ODWHA logic
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    So regardless--I'm sorry, irregardless--of whether it's true or not, what is the backstory to the "Biggins and Huffman hate UW" angle? There has to be more than just a couple really big reaches on Twitter. Did something actually happen in the past?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So regardless--I'm sorry, irregardless--of whether it's true or not, what is the backstory to the "Biggins and Huffman hate UW" angle? There has to be more than just a couple really big reaches on Twitter. Did something actually happen in the past?

I think it's basically the angle that Biggins is a socal guy at his base that tries to be westcoast/pac12. he doesn't gush uw as much as we would want to although i don't get too ruffled by him. i think people read too much into it...
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,093
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    animate said:

I think it's basically the angle that Biggins is a socal guy at his base that tries to be westcoast/pac12. he doesn't gush uw as much as we would want to although i don't get too ruffled by him. i think people read too much into it...
    Yep. Biggins is a USC fan and he's getting an up close and personal look at the dude from the North fucking his special lady-friend, more or less. If there's animosity, it's pretty easy to understand.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Greg Biggins 2 hours ago

I think moor pointedly, his spot with us? was filled by Greenfield, who in turn went through a "I really like North Carolina" phase when Steele was committed to Oregon, talked about pushing back his commitment date, then committed to Oregon somewhat out of the blue on the original date when Steele went to SC.

FWIW, if I were to set a Crystal Dong DB class for us? right now, it would be Slusher/Williams, Greenfield, Hill, John Humphrey, with one of Slusher or Williams flipping to Georgia.
  • Options
    Hopkins has said Humphrey and Smith are ahead of Esteen for months now. That was reiterated in an interview by Humphrey today. He is the top want and then Smith.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Smith’s not going to Oregon hth!
  • Options

Smith’s not going to Oregon hth!

Right. The general consensus is UW.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Esteen can play wherever the hell he wants.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Hopkins has said Humphrey and Smith are ahead of Esteen for months now. That was reiterated in an interview by Humphrey today. He is the top want and then Smith.

Hopkins, the man, the myth ... the headband ...
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    animate said:

lawsandl said:

He does have access to Heyward. So, there is that. His takes on secondary recruiting are spot on. Greenfield, Slusher and Williams are all safeties. Even if Oregon loses one of Slusher/Williams, that’s two safeties. Smith and Humphrey both can play cb. Esteen is more of a nickel/Safety prospect.

Likewise, apparently Jamal Hill and McKinley have the nickel spot on lockdown. There is just not a ton of need to fight UW for Esteen.
  • Options
    Dawg_Stan1Dawg_Stan1 Member Posts: 45
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    lawsandl said:

animate said:

lawsandl said:

He does have access to Heyward. So, there is that. His takes on secondary recruiting are spot on. Greenfield, Slusher and Williams are all safeties. Even if Oregon loses one of Slusher/Williams, that’s two safeties. Smith and Humphrey both can play cb. Esteen is more of a nickel/Safety prospect.

Likewise, apparently Jamal Hill and McKinley have the nickel spot on lockdown. There is just not a ton of need to fight UW for Esteen.
    You realize that if he is getting info from Heyward then it is propaganda from Heyward to help in recruiting kids?

Heyward could be really want Esteen more than those other guys, but he sees writing on wall and feeds Hopkins some lines about liking these others kids more because Heyward knows they have a shot with them and not Esteen.