Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Want to see a slow strategy guy burn through money like he’s LT on Coke?

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Makes sense to give the shittiest salesman the hardest assignments, doesn’t it? High-cost, low probability is probably the right way to invest in your craptastic sales guys.

Comments

• Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Makes sense to give the shittiest salesman the hardest assignments, doesn’t it? High-cost, low probability is probably the right way to invest in your craptastic sales guys.

Yeah, it does, because this is just about making inroads for the future since there is no fucking way we are landing any of those kids anyways until we establish our brand. Better to have him off practicing his recruiting while Harris/Malloe et al are actively recruiting the players we have a shot at.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Yeah, it does, because this is just about making inroads for the future since there is no fucking way we are landing any of those kids anyways until we establish our brand. Better to have him off practicing his recruiting while Harris/Malloe et al are actively recruiting the players we have a shot at.
    Lol fuck no. Our brand is not going to be built by having him visit some kid that DGAF about us in Wichita. hth
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    Of course not, it will be built by having more winning seasons, and Adidas money, but until then he’s doing no harm out there.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's chinteresting that he didn't stop in California at all. Isn't it so weird how there isn't a single buck prospect in the entire state of CA this year. It's really upping the difficulty level for Kwat, I kind of feel bad. Hopefully next year there will be at least one or two prospects so he doesn't have to go all the way to Georgia.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ok so I can see you're point about wasting time but money? Drop in the bucket of these guys travel budget I'm sure.

Kwat gotta learn to recruit before Jimmy's gone. All signs point to they are making him focus on getting better at it. Seems like that should be part of what you want to see. What would the ideal DDY recruiting playbook look like otherwise?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Ok so I can see you're point about wasting time but money? Drop in the bucket of these guys travel budget I'm sure.

Kwat gotta learn to recruit before Jimmy's gone. All signs point to they are making him focus on getting better at it. Seems like that should be part of what you want to see. What would the ideal DDY recruiting playbook look like otherwise?
    DDYs stance is they should let him focus on the highest probability targets, and get on base a couple times to build his confidence before you start green lighting him to swing for the fences in an 0-2 count.

He’s probably right.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

DDYs stance is they should let him focus on the highest probability targets, and get on base a couple times to build his confidence before you start green lighting him to swing for the fences in an 0-2 count.

He’s probably right.
    It's not hard. It's like NCAA 14 recruiting. You'll land the guy who is actually interested in your program. It's a fucking game that we don't even attempt to play.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    dnc said:

He’s probably right.
    He's definitely right.

You don't build up everyone's weaknesses. You have everyone play to their strengths.

With Kwat we need to mitigate his recruiting weakness.
  • Options

dnc said:

He’s probably right.
    It's not hard. It's like NCAA 14 recruiting. You'll land the guy who is actually interested in your program. It's a fucking game that we don't even attempt to play.
    STOp.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791

dnc said:

He’s probably right.
    You do realize that Pete would rather max out if coaching skill tree before he touches his recruiting one, right?

At least he showed that he learned how to use the “unlock locked recruit” power with Tuli last year.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    I dream of a chance meeting between dennis and Coach Pete at some random starbucks ... dennis just can't keep it in while Coach Pete is ordering his Seattle Rainmaker Latte ... "what the fuck Pete! what the FUCK! are you doing with Kwat!?" ... as Coach Pete ducks out of the store leaving his latte on the counter ....
  • Options
    animate said:

I dream of a chance meeting between dennis and Coach Pete at some random starbucks ... dennis just can't keep it in while Coach Pete is ordering his Seattle Rainmaker Latte ... "what the fuck Pete! what the FUCK! are you doing with Kwat!?" ... as Coach Pete ducks out of the store leaving his latte on the counter ....

NOGAFA chance Starbucks meetings that don’t involve blondes and bananas
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

animate said:

NOGAFA chance Starbucks meetings that don’t involve blondes and bananas
    Dennis is going to get in trouble today ;-)
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Of course not, it will be built by having more winning seasons, and Adidas money, but until then he’s doing no harm out there.

Shitty brand
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Lake didn't post this kind of video like the other coaches..... Crossing my doog fingers that he's secretly on Kwat's plane as a secret agent special forces super spy.

Otherwise in a few weeks both these kids will be like, "Hey who was that weird white guy that came to visit us the other week? Was he from like Idaho State or something?".

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Justin-Eboigbe-104416/RecruitInterests

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Mataio-Soli-112983/RecruitInterests
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Too much wharf imagery.

YBFE
    This should be a huge thread with all the Trek noyds on this site:). Please enlighten me as to the trek appeal as I spent most of my weekends, as a young stud, partying and poundin bitches, instead of staying home with mom watching star trek like most of you fucking geekies.