Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Account Based Sales / Marketing

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Depends on what your expectations are for Washington ... there are a lot of kids in-state ... how many of them a) fit the elite check mark plus b) are a good match for the program?

Tons of them. The biggest recruit in the history of the state is probably Smalls.
    Smalls is bigger than PA? Bigger than Reggie? I think he's in that same class but I have a hard time seeing him as clearly above those guys.

Great embedded Biggie Smalls sentence, though
    He's the biggest recruit I've seen in 25 years. Definitely bigger than PA and Reggie. Only Brock or Skinny would compare. A guy that is a consensus top 5 player in the country?

PA and RW were not that.
    That’s exactly what Paul and Reggie were, where the fuck have you been?
    What the fuck are you talking about?

Paul Arnold (at the end of his career) was probably a top 40 player. Reggie was in the top 15 range, sure.

Skinny and Brock were debatably the #1 players in their class. Smalls could be the #1 player in his class.

Also - if you didn't mention Skinny you really don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Don't be an idiot and confuse people who dragged their recruitment out and committed late with great players.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So, I went back and looked - Reggie was ranked 7th by Rivals. Paul Arnold was the #5 RB in the country - around 30th overall.

FUCK OFF.

Also - Jake Eason was #4 overall for 247.
  • Options
    In composite:

Skinny was #5
    Fozzy was #5
    Max Browne was #11
    Taylor Mays was #11
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So, I went back and looked - Reggie was ranked 7th by Rivals. Paul Arnold was the #5 RB in the country - around 30th overall.

FUCK OFF.

Also - Jake Eason was #4 overall for 247.

I guarantee Reggie was higher than that on Scout (or Insiders if if was still called that). I was in college at the time and ate, slept and breathed that bullshit.

What system did you use for Arnold? 1998 rankings are hard as fuck to find. He was the #1 RB and top 5 overall in the class going into his senior year on Insiders. I may not have followed the ranking to the end.

Eason was 7 on Rivals, same as Reggie. 13 on ESPN (which sucks, I know).

Fozzy's a good call, he's right there with those guys.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    And since you seem to love the 247 composite, Reggie was #4 - higher than Skinny.

It only goes back to 00 so no ranking for PA available.
  • Options
    Going back to 2000, here's the top 15 kids from the state of Washington by 247 composite:

01 - Reggie (4)
    05 - Snoop (12)
    06 - Mays (11) (Schilling was 43 and Locker 59 that year)
    13 - Browne (11)
    16 - Eason (5)
    17 - Sarrell (5)
    20 - Smalls (3)

So out of 21 classes in the database the state placed 7 in the top 15, 4 in the top 5 (including Smalls).

As of right now Smalls is the highest rated in state recruit of the Composite Era, but only by one spot over Reggie and anyone rated that highly is much more likely to drop than move up.

I feel safe saying Smalls is the same caliber recruit as Reggie (and really Fozzy and Skinny) but not higher caliber.
  • Options
    And to finish the quad shitpoast, Shaq and Reggie are the only kids UW signed at that level - (both #4).

Of six in state top 15 composite kids in the 19 classes that have signed, UW has signed only one. The first and highest ranked of them all, but still. That's fucking embarrassing.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    aids is strong in this thread
  • Options

I wonder if DNC had killer Cinco de Mayo plans that just got completely derailed by pulling up old recruiting rankings for this thread

Swaye and I like to call it Cinco de Guyo, but our citrus festivities never begin until the sun goes down, so I didn't miss a thing.

Ole!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They were all elite prospects. Smalls is too. These are subjective stupid rankings. It’s splitting hairs. I don’t know if Smalls is the biggest in-state recruit of all time nor do I care. There is no way to prove any of this except for the TBS rankings.

If we are arguing/talking about old rankings, I have a few thoughts. I watched Paul Arnold in high school. Good player, but was slight. He was a guy who was kind of good at everything, but didn’t have a 5* impact, even at the high school level.

Larry Stevens from Michigan went out with my friend’s sister. He played at Wilson with Marcus Trufant and was at least a high 4, if not 5 star guy.

Jonathon Stewart was a tank. The best football player I have ever played. I wanted no part of tackling him. Luckily he took two carries, scored two TD’s, and came out.