Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Account Based Sales / Marketing

Yesterday I woke up feeling super doogish (what else is new amirite?). I wrote an extremely long winded poast about UW's recruiting strategy and modern sales strategies which I described in detail, and then the Vanilla Gods chose to smite me and sent it to oblivion never to be seen again.

Lesson un-learned Vanilla Gods. I'm poasting it again and in only slightly less words.

Coach Pete employs an Account Based Sales / Marketing strategy which is extremely work-intensive and a long process. It can be frustrating to investors (poasters at HH) who are looking for one call closes and immediate sales instead of a multiple conference calls, on-site visits, and product demos in a year long sales-cycle.

ABS/ABM Model:

- Know the product you provide inside and out and who the target market for that product is
- Research your prospects and understand company history, core values, services they provide, and how your product fits and will make them profitable
- Provide detailed deployment and implementation strategy as well continued customer support and upgrades for lifespan of product
- Get buy-in from the end user (player) as well as decision makers (parents) involved with purchasing process
- Fewer accounts to manage, higher close rate, larger deal size, bigger profit margin, and less unpaid invoices or product returns

All of this is supported by the smaller number of offers given out by UW, the ratio of commits to offers, level of player development by the staff (young stars joined by unexpected productive seniors) , and the amount of players going to the NFL.

Not only that, but target markets start to hear about the services provided, the end user support, and the continued upgrades and start sending out Requests for Proposals.

Case in point, Elias Ricks' quote two days ago, "“They said they like me but just want to get to know me as a person first and I actually like that. Washington doesn’t just throw out a bunch of offers, you have to earn it and I respect that.”

Not all prospect companies are willing to sign off on such a large PO and implementation timeline, but not every company wants to be successful.

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Tl;dr

Isn't that the point of the offseason? Write shit that's too long and people won't read? How the fuck else do you pass the time?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Great post and new perspective on a process we are pretty familiar with at this point.

There isn't any dispute that CP's recruiting process is effective. Especially in maintaining verbal commitments once the sale is made.

The beef of many poasters isn't the process but the target market. CP artificially restricts the target market and thereby places a self-imposed upper limit on his success.

The other beef is more recently he seems to be taking one of his most important customer bases (in state) for granted. The concern is that these customers could feel slighted by other customers receiving preferential treatment. This is even more concerning since extremely fast growth is forecasted for this segment of the market in 2020 and 2021.

Fucking Chinsightful!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Depends on what your expectations are for Washington ... there are a lot of kids in-state ... how many of them a) fit the elite check mark plus b) are a good match for the program?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Depends on what your expectations are for Washington ... there are a lot of kids in-state ... how many of them a) fit the elite check mark plus b) are a good match for the program?

Tons of them. The biggest recruit in the history of the state is probably Smalls.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Tons of them. The biggest recruit in the history of the state is probably Smalls.
    Smalls is bigger than PA? Bigger than Reggie? I think he's in that same class but I have a hard time seeing him as clearly above those guys.

Great embedded Biggie Smalls sentence, though
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Smalls is bigger than PA? Bigger than Reggie? I think he's in that same class but I have a hard time seeing him as clearly above those guys.

Dude Savy is at one of the premier positions in football. He's a rare human that knows how to play.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Dude Savy is at one of the premier positions in football. He's a rare human that knows how to play.
    I know it's hard for someone born in 2002 to imagine but in 1999 running back was considered "one of the premier positions in football" and Paul ARnold was a "rare human that knows how to play."

I'm not knocking Smalls at all, just saying I don't see him as a bigger recruit than PA or RW. All three were the very best in the country at what they did. Brock Huard may or may not be at that level as well, he was Gatorade National POY which seemed like a bfd at the tim but then Kasen Williams was as well and he was clearly a big drop below the other guys as we're discussing as a recruit so I don't know on Brock.
    He's the #1 player in the country, looks as big as Suh, and crazy athletic. I stand with Dennis.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

I know it's hard for someone born in 2002 to imagine but in 1999 running back was considered "one of the premier positions in football" and Paul ARnold was a "rare human that knows how to play."

I'm not knocking Smalls at all, just saying I don't see him as a bigger recruit than PA or RW. All three were the very best in the country at what they did. Brock Huard may or may not be at that level as well, he was Gatorade National POY which seemed like a bfd at the tim but then Kasen Williams was as well and he was clearly a big drop below the other guys as we're discussing as a recruit so I don't know on Brock.
    He's the #1 player in the country, looks as big as Suh, and crazy athletic. I stand with Dennis.
    And yet no one's actually ranked him #1 yet.

He's fucking great. We need to get him.

All those things were true about RW and PA as well.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Careful!
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He's the biggest recruit I've seen in 25 years. Definitely bigger than PA and Reggie. Only Brock or Skinny would compare. A guy that is a consensus top 5 player in the country?

PA and RW were not that.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He's the biggest recruit I've seen in 25 years. Definitely bigger than PA and Reggie. Only Brock or Skinny would compare. A guy that is a consensus top 5 player in the country?

PA and RW were not that.
    That’s exactly what Paul and Reggie were, where the fuck have you been?