Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sweet 16 (late 1980's to present) - #1 Nirvana vs #5 Guns N' Roses

2»

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2018
    #5 Guns N' Roses

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Absolutely easy choice. Was grunge even a thing after 1995? I still listen to Appetite Lies and Illusion, haven't heard a Nirvana song in maybe ten years

Was GNR even a thing after 1991? No, because Nirvana killed them ded.
    GnR resuscitated hard rock when it was on life support after being pussified by hair/glam bullshit. Nirvana headed the grunge movement. Both were flavors of the month that lasted a couple years. GnR stands the test of time for me; Nirvana, not at all. Nirvana didn't kill GnR; they did it to themselves, just like Kurt

And Styx sucks
    And GnR did a damn good job of it. I still listen to Appetite regularly. Still, Nirvana wasn't just the leader of the grunge pack, rather, they made alternative the mainstream style of the 90s, which was a YUGE deal. Hell, even by '93 GnR was doing an album of punk covers, which is a testament to Nirvana's influence.
    Influential? Certainly. Revolutionary? Meh. Popular music tastes were changing at the time anyway, and like I said hard rock was already on life support. And at the end of the day, they weren't even the most listenable of their genre. Give me some STP, Pearl Jam, or even fucking Alice in Chains before making me endure Cobain's pretentious mumblings. And, like Marilyn Monroe, the best thing for the group's enduring legacy was Kurt dying young so nobody had to watch him become an embarrassing shadow of his former self.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    #5 Guns N' Roses
    I stand with @swaye, fuck Nirvana.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Absolutely easy choice. Was grunge even a thing after 1995? I still listen to Appetite Lies and Illusion, haven't heard a Nirvana song in maybe ten years

GnR resuscitated hard rock when it was on life support after being pussified by hair/glam bullshit. Nirvana headed the grunge movement. Both were flavors of the month that lasted a couple years. GnR stands the test of time for me; Nirvana, not at all. Nirvana didn't kill GnR; they did it to themselves, just like Kurt

And Styx sucks
    I lauffed. Perfect example of charmin soft butt rock thinking it's a hard genre of music.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana

I had my first kid when I was 14 so, I could be everyone’s dad. Except Race.

#FastStrategy

I was 36.

I am the slow strategy poster boy.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

And Styx sucks
    You got one small part of this right.
  • Options
    #5 Guns N' Roses
    chuck said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

And Styx sucks
    You got one small part of this right.
    It's all right, but I added that last on edit because DDY WTFed me pretty quickly
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #1 Nirvana
    Hate both but wish Axl Rose's mom had free access to an abortion.
  • Options
    #5 Guns N' Roses

Hate both but wish Axl Rose's mom had free access to an abortion.

You could also have wished for fentanyl to have been widely available in the mid-80's
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    Poles are now closed. Despite a hard fought first half, Nirvana controls the 4th quarter to win rather easily 28-19. @Swaye will be looking for Nirvana scalps in the Elite 8.