Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sawyer Racanelli 3* WR/LB 2020, Brush Prairie (Hockinson), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

I think one of Sawyer or Odunze will be more of a Hunter Bryant type than a typical wideout. They're both close his size but faster.

This is the worst comp ever made on this website and I compared Jaden to KD.
    It wasnt a comp you combative fuck. I said they're both close to his size (maybe a little bigger at the same age actually) and faster. Either one of them, but Odunze in particular, would thrive in that role and it gets more playmakers on the field.

There isn't anyone else on the roster with Bryant's size and agility aside from Culp.
    Rome and Sawyer will play in-line tight end! Yes! They would thrive as tight ends!

Rome’s 6”3 205. He’ll play at 215-220 like my big wideouts. He’s not going to be 240+.
    Bryant was 6'2" and about 220 for most of his time at UW. Rome is taller and nearly as heavy coming in. He has a frame to carry 240.

Bryant was all but useless as a TE aside from his role in the passing game. I'm bot saying Rome should be him, only that he has the physical tools to play the same spot only better. He appeared to get a lot bigger as a senior too.

You're just being a know it all, combative little prick...again. Have fun with that. You'll be on flameout watch again before too long.
    Why would they limit Rome’s explosion, long speed, burst, and overall athleticism by getting him up to 240?

HB played at 240 hth. What role in the passing game? They’ll run Rome on more vertical stuff than they ever did HB.
    Ok.
    I'm going to have to agree with the kid on this one. Rome is a tall, fast deep threat. Why bulk him up to play a jumbo slot receiver? SR? Maybe. He's built differently than RO. Wider shoulders and a thicker frame. That said, Bryant was 239 as a true frosh. He had been at FSP for years and was almost a finished project at that point. He looked 40 as an 18 year old. Racanelli and Rome still look like kids. Add ten pounds of muscle and you get a couple matchup nightmares in your WR corps. Seems simple. With respect.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ok.
    I'm going to have to agree with the kid on this one. Rome is a tall, fast deep threat. Why bulk him up to play a jumbo slot receiver? SR? Maybe. He's built differently than RO. Wider shoulders and a thicker frame. That said, Bryant was 239 as a true frosh. He had been at FSP for years and was almost a finished project at that point. He looked 40 as an 18 year old. Racanelli and Rome still look like kids. Add ten pounds of muscle and you get a couple matchup nightmares in your WR corps. Seems simple. With respect.

Agree with what point? That Rome is a WR? No shit. All I said, and it was only to point out that it was possible not likely, is that he's big enough to do it. They wont have to bulk him up because he's going to get that big on his own without some effort to keep his weight down.

Bryant's listed weights seemed to bounce from about 220 up to 230 or so until last year.

Marcell Reece is a good example of a big WR with speed who would have thrived as an H Back or dual threat TE if he had been used that way in college. He's had a successful NFL career doing just that, in spit of not being used as one at UW. Rome is way more talented.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2020
    chuck said:

Agree with what point? That Rome is a WR? No shit. All I said, and it was only to point out that it was possible not likely, is that he's big enough to do it. They wont have to bulk him up because he's going to get that big on his own without some effort to keep his weight down.

Bryant's listed weights seemed to bounce from about 220 up to 230 or so until last year.

Marcell Reece is a good example of a big WR with speed who would have thrived as an H Back or dual threat TE if he had been used that way in college. He's had a successful NFL career doing just that, in spit of not being used as one at UW. Rome is way more talented.

What's being lost here is that this is a @SoyBoy thread, and I think @chuck was trying to more boldly assert that he would be better known as @whitebeast92 after a year or two in the pogrom.

That being said, I'm with @chuck 100% on these hot takes; Racanelli has the frame and physicality/penchant for contact to be a credible Hunter clone, and Rome's physical tools are all world, who knows how it plays out for him. I especially love the Marcel Reece reference, he doesn't get nearly enough love/appreciation for what a freak he was, and Rome's measurables are even more freakish.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Rome Odunze and Sawyer Racanelli won’t ever be FBs/TEs at this level or the next level. Please stop. The comp is embarrassing. Rome’s got a little Allen Robinson to his game. Sawyer needs to play on defense his ceiling is ridiculous on that side of the ball.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Rome Odunze and Sawyer Racanelli won’t ever be FBs/TEs at this level or the next level. Please stop. The comp is embarrassing. Rome’s got a little Allen Robinson to his game. Sawyer needs to play on defense his ceiling is ridiculous on that side of the ball.

Can’t wait to see them wither away on the bench like most of our talented players last year
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

Can’t wait to see them wither away on the bench like most of our talented players last year
    Sawyer RS fosho. Our WR room is mad talented. Not worried about that room. Season comes down to scheme and QB play.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Sawyer RS fosho. Our WR room is mad talented. Not worried about that room. Season comes down to scheme and QB play.
    Man must be nice to be young and keep that doog spirit up, I don’t have the spirit after Costello chose to go to @SECDAWG ‘s team over UW
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Man must be nice to be young and keep that doog spirit up, I don’t have the spirit after Costello chose to go to @SECDAWG ‘s team over UW
    We have the talent just comes down to scheme and play calling. We have the WRs to make our QBs look good. All Donovan needs to do is stretch zones with vertical + horizontal concepts and create 1 on 1s.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

We have the talent just comes down to scheme and play calling. We have the WRs to make our QBs look good. All Donovan needs to do is stretch zones with vertical + horizontal concepts and create 1 on 1s.
    Don't forget diagonal concepts. People forget about diagonal concepts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Ok.

Don't be pissy. It's cool. You're cool. Let's just talk. As per the Gohuskies roster.
    Hunter Bryant
    2017: 239
    2018: 224
    2019: 239

I'm assuming he lost weight in 2018 in an effort to alleviate some pressure on the knees that had failed him. In 2019 he gained the weight back to more resemble the TE he wanted to be. Rome isn't Bryant or Marcell Reese. Different bodies. Sawyer could pack that weight on easier if you really wanted to make him an H-back but he sure as shit isn't the athlete that Reese was. He's a plus athlete but Reese was a freak of nature.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Huh? Vertical + horizontal stretching create conflict defenders that you can attack. It essentially creates spaces and shifts zone defenses. Against Michigan they mostly play press man so our WRs are going to have to win. Football is not hard.
  • Options

chuck said:

Ok.

Don't be pissy. It's cool. You're cool. Let's just talk. As per the Gohuskies roster.
    Hunter Bryant

I'm assuming he lost weight in 2018 in an effort to alleviate some pressure on the knees that had failed him. In 2019 he gained the weight back to more resemble the TE he wanted to be. Rome isn't Bryant or Marcell Reese. Different bodies. Sawyer could pack that weight on easier if you really wanted to make him an H-back but he sure as shit isn't the athlete that Reese was. He's a plus athlete but Reese was a freak of nature.

Reese was such a freak he got moved to fullback in the NFL! Sawyer’s probably a better athlete tbh.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Ok.

Hunter Bryant

Reese was such a freak he got moved to fullback in the NFL! Sawyer’s probably a better athlete tbh.

disagree.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Huh? Vertical + horizontal stretching create conflict defenders that you can attack. It essentially creates spaces and shifts zone defenses. Against Michigan they mostly play press man so our WRs are going to have to win. Football is not hard.
    😆
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Sawyer on defense would basically be a BBK with actual power at the point of contact.

Or a great safety.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Sawyer would be like Locker playing D. He should have been on D all along, would probably still be in the NFL as a safety.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Could one person in this thread please unfuckulate the quote function so every other retard doesn't keep repeating the same mistake?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I could see Sawyer playing D. He probably lost some speed because of his injury and Bob can’t recruit.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I could see Sawyer playing D. He probably lost some speed because of his injury and Bob can’t recruit.

ACLs these days don’t lead to major speed loss, especially in a HS kid.