Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to all the Fast Strategy kids we won't be offering

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,963
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    First thing I thought of when I saw this twat was DDY's observation that we are unfairly denying some fast strategy kids the obvious bennefits of Pete's program.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

First thing I thought of when I saw this twat was DDY's observation that we are unfairly denying some fast strategy kids the obvious bennefits of Pete's program.

We should be able to take 2-3 kids per year that does not fit the OKG
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Poison the well water? Get fucked dude.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    First/2nd round picks that have played to win the game:

Herm Edwards : a million

Everyone else: zero
  • Options
    Gwad said:

Really.... even 2-3 kids?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Gwad said:

Really.... even 2-3 kids?
    Zero. Fuck em. Didn't take the Chiefs long to dump that fukwit Marcus Peters. Rams will dump him too. When you're talking cancer two or three tumors are two or three too many.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Oregon recruits strictly fast strategy...how many guys did they put into the league this year???
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    Gladstone said:

pat_hm said:

I also think it’s easy to look at 247 and see these guys and get upset weren’t not offering but we don’t know the real story. Petersen does his homework. There’s a reason. The recruiting has improved every season and with that the # of guys entering the league will only increase. We’re talking 10 next year.

Agreed. Well said.
    pat_hm said:

If that’s not enough to convince some kid to attend UW over USC/Oregon then they’re not worth the time to begin with.

Doogism.
    Have any of you actually had conversations with said kids? I have. Oregon knows what they want to hear and they eat it up. You mean I can smoke weed and play Xbox in the locker room and wear cool uniforms and get Jordan’s SIGN ME UP! That’s why I mean. Petersen isn’t going to play that game so why waste the time? Do I think he could lighten up a bit and have more fun with it? Yes. Absolutely. I think we started to see that a bit this past class. I just believe It’s a lost cause wasting resources on “talent” that thinks so short term. Coach Pete agrees with me. And clearly programs like Oregon and USC either 1) don’t tell them the entire truth or 2) are banking on their god given talent and will deal with the other issues in the future. The risk is massive underachievement and attrition.

I’m sorry but I like the Will Dissly’s in the program. They create the culture and expection. Treshawns don’t.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    pat_hm said:

Gladstone said:

pat_hm said:

I also think it’s easy to look at 247 and see these guys and get upset weren’t not offering but we don’t know the real story. Petersen does his homework. There’s a reason. The recruiting has improved every season and with that the # of guys entering the league will only increase. We’re talking 10 next year.

Agreed. Well said.
    pat_hm said:

If that’s not enough to convince some kid to attend UW over USC/Oregon then they’re not worth the time to begin with.

Doogism.
    Have any of you actually had conversations with said kids? I have. Oregon knows what they want to hear and they eat it up. You mean I can smoke weed and play Xbox in the locker room and wear cool uniforms and get Jordan’s SIGN ME UP! That’s why I mean. Petersen isn’t going to play that game so why waste the time? Do I think he could lighten up a bit and have more fun with it? Yes. Absolutely. I think we started to see that a bit this past class. I just believe It’s a lost cause wasting resources on “talent” that thinks so short term. Coach Pete agrees with me. And clearly programs like Oregon and USC either 1) don’t tell them the entire truth or 2) are banking on their god given talent and will deal with the other issues in the future. The risk is massive underachievement and attrition.

I’m sorry but I like the Will Dissly’s in the program. They create the culture and expection. Treshawns don’t.
    I like Budda Bakers also!

Why can’t we have both?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Aren't a lot of poly players fast strategy?
  • Options
    Idk, taking a risk with 1-2 should not be that bad. I rather have insanity talented kid that is little fucked up in the head than players like kyler manu, John turner, Michael Neal
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    I expect DDY to come in guns blazing in 3, 2, 1 to learn y'all....some of the takes in this thread are extremely naive and borderline racist.