Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The 2018 Hardcore Husky Battle of the Bands - Presented by YellowSnow's Record Shoppe

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Couple thoughts.

Putting Nirvana ahead of Metallica is just Seattle fan boy nonsense. Metallica was the biggest band in the world for a decade, in a musical genre that has never been radio friendly. And the argument that Nirvana made an entire genre of music (grunge) popular holds no weight because so did Metallica (thrash). Sure, Nirvana might have been more radio friendly, but musically they can't hold Metallicas dick strap. They are super famous because that idiot blew his head off. Everyone knows this. Nirvana isn't even the best Seattle band. AIC >>>> Soundgarden>>>>>Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pearl Fag

Metallica >>>>>>>>>>>>> Nirvana every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It isn't even close.

Also, you have Radiohead, Beck, The Black Keys and Wilco listed, but not Tool. This makes me think you might be retarded.

Where do I vote in this pole that should be invalidated for no Tool and Nirvana's ridiculous placement?

p.s. Neil Young ahead of Sabbath, Floyd and Bowie? Jesus Christ man. Fuck.

p.s.s. No Steve Miller Band, but Roxy Music????? Did you get hit on the head with a paddle?

Show up to the polls and vote early and often!! You weren't going to take AIC over Metallica to the Final 4 so it wouldn't matter anyhow.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

@YellowSnow hates the coloreds.

Read the OP. This isn't an R&B or Hip Hop pole. Those genres will be covered, trust me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ok, all of the shitty gaymes for the Late 1970s - Mid 1980's Region are up and poasted. Time permitting I'll do another Region for Round 1 tomorrow.

@Swaye @PurpleThrobber @BleachedAnusDawg @chuck your constructive criticism of my sucky seedings is noted and appreciated. Alas, I have to stick we these so as not to be an appeaser and encourage further requests for concessions.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Ok, all of the shitty gaymes for the Late 1970s - Mid 1980's Region are up and poasted. Time permitting I'll do another Region for Round 1 tomorrow.

@Swaye @PurpleThrobber @BleachedAnusDawg @chuck your constructive criticism of my sucky seedings is noted and appreciated. Alas, I have to stick we these so as not to be an appeaser and encourage further requests for concessions.

I respect your stubborn refusal to modify things even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I could live with a Final Four of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, ACDC and Metallica. I doubt that happens, but I could live with it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I respect your stubborn refusal to modify things even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
    Sometimes even when you're in the wrong in life you have to stick to a plan.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I could live with a Final Four of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, ACDC and Metallica. I doubt that happens, but I could live with it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of those 4 make it to the Final 4. In spite of my seeding Nirvana at #1, it's quite possible they get knocked out very early.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

How in the fuck can you have a list that includes bands up to the present and not include Muse?

HR, YK

Best rock band in the world right now. Probably the best post Cobain.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I might put Tame Impala in this bitch, too. They are one of the only good bands recently.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

How in the fuck can you have a list that includes bands up to the present and not include Muse?

HR, YK

Seen them twice. Both top 10 shows ever for me.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

HR, YK

Never seen them, definitely on my bucket list. Where'd you see them at?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not having Motorhead is also a sign that @YellowSnow doesn't have any fucking clue what he's doing.

But, it's good to publicly out yourself as the kind of guy that includes Elvis Costello but not Motorhead.

Fuck off. I included Styx and didn't include my own fucking avatar.
  • Options

Not having Motorhead is also a sign that @YellowSnow doesn't have any fucking clue what he's doing.

But, it's good to publicly out yourself as the kind of guy that includes Elvis Costello but not Motorhead.

Fuck off. I included Styx and didn't include my own fucking avatar.
    Scorps also.
  • Options
    Boston!?!? NO FUCKING BOSTON!?!?

No Boston, Scorps, Motorhead, Priest or Maiden... you would have been murdered in Kent. We don't play that shit.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

HR, YK

I've seen them 8 times. I am Muse fan superiority guy. Their first few albums were their best, but they still pump out good shit on each new album. Tremendous arena band and always on top of their game.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Might as well throw in Kansas if going with Boston
  • Options
    Where's the fucking KISS you idiots?

ZZ Top?