Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Deserves own thread: most underrated reason the Adidas deal is great

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    Most underrated reason is: It's not Darigold.

Cuog boners abound today.

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Tequilla said:

It goes way deeper than just FSP

By being a flag bearer West Coast (if not nationally) school for Adidas, the marketing machine they are going to throw behind UW is going to be vast. This should do nothing but expand our branding and that will help in expanding our recruiting reach.

The only other major deals Adidas has at the college level(and ASU doesn’t count) are with Nebraska and Louisville. We know Nebraska is CLASSY and likely about to experience a revival under Frost. It wouldn’t shock me if Adidas distances itself a bit from Louisville given the scandal there. We’re a BIG DEAL to Adidas ... they are going to push us as such.

No recruit outside of UWs current brand bubble cares if we wear adidas vs Nike when they can't get wafflehouse/chikfila/whataburger anywhere near uw.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Tequilla said:

By being a flag bearer West Coast (if not nationally) school for Adidas, the marketing machine they are going to throw behind UW is going to be vast. This should do nothing but expand our branding and that will help in expanding our recruiting reach.

The only other major deals Adidas has at the college level(and ASU doesn’t count) are with Nebraska and Louisville. We know Nebraska is CLASSY and likely about to experience a revival under Frost. It wouldn’t shock me if Adidas distances itself a bit from Louisville given the scandal there. We’re a BIG DEAL to Adidas ... they are going to push us as such.

Kreist....

It's not 2009 anymore you fucking doog.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Bread said:

Tequilla said:

No recruit outside of UWs current brand bubble cares if we wear adidas vs Nike when they can't get wafflehouse/chikfila/whataburger anywhere near uw.
    Getting bombarded with the BRAND over and over raises awareness ... awareness is ALWAYS a positive

Chik-Fil-A’s exist in the PNW ... Waffle House is a tad overrated and isn’t a city thing anyway (we tend to recruit nationally more in major metro areas). I’d invest in a Whataburger in the U-District right now
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,559 Founders Club
    Meek said:

Adidas will do more for UW in the next 365 days than the Pac12 Network has done in the last 5 years.

Right, but where else can you watch conference action in volleyball? I mean come on.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tequilla said:

The only other major deals Adidas has at the college level(and ASU doesn’t count) are with Nebraska and Louisville.

What the actual fuck are you talking about?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter

Meek said:

Adidas will do more for UW in the next 365 days than the Pac12 Network has done in the last 5 years.

Right, but where else can you watch conference action in volleyball? I mean come on.
    HRYK. There is some fine ass on volleyball telecasts.
    TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

The only other major deals Adidas has at the college level(and ASU doesn’t count) are with Nebraska and Louisville.

Those are the only other schools that have deals with Adidas comparable to UW
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Tequilla said:

I pay my $0.81for MBA insight - suck it Oregon!

HIRYK
    Bread said:

Tequilla said:

Not NOW, Doog.

Try to keep up - Titties is making great moves that outpace our basement boners.

Savvy?!
    2001400ex said:

Bread said:

Tequilla said:

I went to New Mexico State, therefore anyone that ever went there is a mindless annoying fuck
    We done here?
    All that said

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    I feel dirty after reading the article

But no question Adidas is a big positive in recruiting
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    Tequilla said:

TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

Those are the only other schools that have deals with Adidas comparable to UW
    The Canes might argue this point.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I agree with Gladstone. Will definitely continue to stalk @KimberS2525 twatter
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Tequilla said:

I feel dirty after reading the article

But no question Adidas is a big positive in recruiting
    I think the understated point is the confirmation of legitimacy of UW athletics. There's no question it's a big time school with the dollar value being floated so high.

I think recruits want to affirm their decision with things like "it's a big time school and big boy football with big boy coaches ...