Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

One of the bright, young football minds

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    This inspires confidence: “Sark’s a really, really sharp guy. He’s been calling plays for so long that sometimes it’s just really natural to him. It always comes back to preparation. Seeing what their preparation is like — what’s different, what’s the same? That’s always left a lasting impression on me with all good coordinators, the time they put in before the games.”
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    edited April 2018
    mobey said:
    The bubble screen reference probably gets a chuckle, but the 2013 offense was actually extremely on point, in my book. Price threw a lot of bubble screens, sure, but they were generally quite effective, even with Jaydon Friggin' Mickens on the receiving end of way too many of them.

The fact is, the offense that year was extremely out of Sark's comfort zone and its design, I think, was more about Kiseau than Sark. It was also the best offense a Sark team has ever had. As soon as he left, and didn't take Kiseau with him, his offense shriveled up again.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

mobey said:
    The bubble screen reference probably gets a chuckle, but the 2013 offense was actually extremely on point, in my book. Price threw a lot of bubble screens, sure, but they were generally quite effective, even with Jaydon Friggin' Mickens on the receiving end of way too many of them.

The fact is, the offense that year was extremely out of Sark's comfort zone and its design, I think, was more about Kiseau than Sark. It was also the best offense a Sark team has ever had. As soon as he left, and didn't take Kiseau with him, his offense shriveled up again.
    The bubble screen can be effective if the first move isn't to run as fast as one can to get out of bounds like Mickens generally did