Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who is the most famous musician you've met? (CSB thread)

13»

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

My shit garage band opened for 1000 Maniacs (Natalie Merchant's old band) at a bar in Dallas called "Bar of Soap." We also were a regular house band at the Houston punk rawk club called The Axiom which was a location in shit Winona Ryder movie "Reality Bites."

Got high with Mark Farina a few times.

Was briefly married into the Autzen (of the West Hills Autzens) crime family.

10,000 Maniacs >> 1,000 Maniacs

HTH
    What can I say, they were still on their first 1000 maniacs back then. Natalie Merchant was already a total bitch though.
    I think she was just stressed out at that time because there was so much competition between them and the Indigo Girls to be the voice of directionless college girls.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I helped the format set up when they played at asu

It was kind of weird. None of them spoke to each other the whole time. Then they broke up soon after and that d bag guy started that shit band Fun

The singer of Fun or Jack Anteoff or whatever his name is?
    He's the singer

IDK his name
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,085
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Met Kurt Cobain at Lamefest in 1989 at the Moore Theater when Nirvana opened up for Mudhoney.

Met Ian McCullough and Will Sargent of Echo and the Bunnymen at Mo’s Roccan Cafe
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I once met a guy who said he had a temporary job of holding up Marshall cabinets while Jimi Hendrix was sliding his guitar around the face of the cabinet (his sort of slide guitar stunt) a la Woodstock. Somebody backed him up on this story, so I assume it wasn't bullshit.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Sang on stage with Anne Heart while I was dressed as Santa Clause in Vancouver BC.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I once met a guy who said he had a temporary job of holding up Marshall cabinets while Jimi Hendrix was sliding his guitar around the face of the cabinet (his sort of slide guitar stunt) a la Woodstock. Somebody backed him up on this story, so I assume it wasn't bullshit.

Was this when Hendrix played at the Ellensburg VFW?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I met Shonen Knife once. NCSB