Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who is the most famous musician you've met? (CSB thread)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
No one super duper famous for me, but I did chat with Dick Dale, King of the Surf Guitar, in the lobby of a Seattle hotel a few years back. He was going to be playing at the Tractor that evening. The front desk kiddies in there early 20's had no idea who he was, so he was excited that I knew his music well. He lives down in Oregon and he told me the secret to his longevity was that he love got heavy into alcohol and drugs (hi @Swaye ). Told him that my daddy saw him place at the Riverside Armory back in 1962.

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    The only one I can even think of is Thomas Rhett. He wasn't really famous though at the time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    This guy is going to take Casper Babypants spot some day.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alanis Morrissette. 1995 she was playing at the Ash St Saloon in Portland before You Oughta Know made her famous. I was my usual shitfaced self, but I do recall she was nice to me and my friends. Very short but unbelievable pipes on her

Also shared a beer with Art Alexakis of Everclear at Sassy's strip club in Portland about 10 years ago. Low key dude...wouldn't join me and my buddy at the meat rack

Ironic
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I also met @RaceBannon once who allegedly played keyboards in the 80's in a band.
  • Options

I also met @RaceBannon once who allegedly played keyboards in the 30's in a band.

• Options
    Oh duh Mariah Carey

My sister is her publicist

I told her we jammed out to fantasy in the frat house back in the day.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oh duh Mariah Carey

My sister is her publicist

I told her we jammed out to fantasy in the frat house back in the day.

YNW. Same rules still apply in this space.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was working at the Fresh Air tavern (you be old if you remember that place) and Billy Preston stopped by to talk with Albert King who was playing - BSed as I poured a beer for him.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Fifteen years ago he played the Emerald Queen. We both ended up at a private party the night before the show. Maybe 10 people were there. The Cold night air brought on a good asthmatic cough. Burdon, standing nearby asked, "Asthma?"
    "Yep"
    He had Asthma too. Turned me on to a new breathing drug. Mine only flares up occasionally. So does his. "Its a bitch when your scuba diving," he told me. The Hangers on got tired of our medical shop talk and moved on, leaving the two of us alone in the kitchen.

"We lost them pretty quick," I quipped. My glass was empty and I started towards the bar at the breakfast nook for another drink. Burdon, no shit, asked if he could join me. 2 Crowns with a splash of coke (Coca Cola).

I told him I was a big Jim Morrison fan.
    'Fucking asshole." Burdon sneered. "I kicked that motherfucker out of a house in Beverly Hills," he added.

Seems the Lizard King was so drunk Burdon had to pull out a revolver and squeeze off a couple of rounds when Morrison decided to swing off a chandelier.

"Huh"

"You knew Hendrix?" I asked. BFF's, according to Burdon. He teared up telling me how Hendrix's girlfriend called him that early morning in 1970. Jimmy was unresponsive and barley breathing. "Call a fucking ambulance!" Burdon recalled yelling at the gacked up woman. She refused because there were drugs all through the flat. By the time Burdon got to the flat, Jimmy was dead.

We bullshitted for 15-20 minutes. Cool and true story, I know.

That is a way cool story bro. Not everyday that you get to spill the wine with an Animal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

I was working at the Fresh Air tavern (you be old if you remember that place) and Billy Preston stopped by to talk with Albert King who was playing - BSed as I poured a beer for him.

He's basically the 5th Beatle...
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The Throbber used to beat off furiously to Belinda Carlisle and Olivia Newton John back in the 80's.

Other than that, no intimate upclose personal interaction with musicians.

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

He's basically the 5th Beatle...
    I remember him with CSNY Deja Vu - but I could be wrong all over again
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’ve worked on a few music videos. Mostly with rappers. Chris Brown, Tyga.

I know the guitarist from the Used pretty well. They aren’t really famous though.