Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW QB depth.....

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I just can't wait for all this "depth" to get on campus so we can start hating them.

I wouldn't expect an announcement, just expect to hear Eason's enrolled in classes one day
    I really shouldn't laugh anymore at the kimisms but I can't help it

Still funny after however many times
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I just can't wait for all this "depth" to get on campus so we can start hating them.

They are on campus Incase you forgot
    You only point out the times I am wrong.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    dnc said:

...clearly the best in UW history, most probably the best in the country...But to ever to be assembled? Perhaps... Take a snapshot of this spring's QB room... find me a better one...

Jake Haener is the weak link, and he likely will be backing up Browning

Remember when we had four underclass four stars in Cyler Miles, Jeff Lundquist and Troy Williams? Those were the days!
    We don't deal in hypotheticals here at Hardcore Husky unless it involves Yanking Off.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    dnc said:

...clearly the best in UW history, most probably the best in the country...But to ever to be assembled? Perhaps... Take a snapshot of this spring's QB room... find me a better one...

Jake Haener is the weak link, and he likely will be backing up Browning

Remember when we had four underclass four stars in Cyler Miles, Jeff Lundquist and Troy Williams? Those were the days!
    Troy Williams had a successful game at Utah. So there's that.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

They are on campus Incase you forgot
    You only point out the times I am wrong.
    Idk, I think I am the pathetic one here caz I know that they are on campus.
  • SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    dnc said:

It's Hobert and Brunell in 1992 until proven fucking otherwise. That was peak UW QB depth.

We rightfully hate him now but that team's third stringer spent over a decade in the NFL.

That's some crazy QB depth.
    The 4th string QB spent 7 years in the NFL, sure it was at TE but still...
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited March 2018

It's Hobert and Brunell in 1992 until proven fucking otherwise. That was peak UW QB depth.

Not even close yella. Sorry newbie. 91-92 didnt have Sirmon and Yerkoff in the 'depth". Huard and Bjornson? Sorry. D Huard was an average college qb. Got better as a senior. He threw a hideous wounded duck for a ball. I was really surprised that he added decent pro career
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

Not even close yella. Sorry newbie. 91-92 didnt have Sirmon and Yerkoff in the 'depth"
    "Newbie" my ass, Pops. My husky credentials are as solid as anyone here.

Sirmon and Yerkoff are hot shot, stud HS QBs. They haven't done shit in college, however. Hobert and Brunell were coming off a Natty/ Rose Bowl with a future NFLer as the 3rd string. 3 future NFL QB's >>>>>>>>>> theoretical, but unproven greatness with our 2018 - 19 depth.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Not even close yella. Sorry newbie. 91-92 didnt have Sirmon and Yerkoff in the 'depth". Huard and Bjornson? Sorry. D Huard was an average college qb. Got better as a senior. He threw a hideous wounded duck for a ball. I was really surprised that he added decent pro career
    HH is not for Sirmon seekers dingus
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited March 2018

Not even close yella. Sorry newbie. 91-92 didnt have Sirmon and Yerkoff in the 'depth"

Sirmon and Yerkoff are hot shot, stud HS QBs. They haven't done shit in college, however. Hobert and Brunell were coming off a Natty/ Rose Bowl with a future NFLer as the 3rd string. 3 future NFL QB's >>>>>>>>>> theoretical, but unproven greatness with our 2018 - 19 depth.
    Eason and Browning are comparable to BJH and Brunell, though not as athletic, will shatter both those guys in terms of numbers. Yankee and Sirmon are much better than huard-bjornson....now throw in Haener and DBG, (who will leave but is still on spring roster) which was the criteria, it aint fucking close!!!! Sinking in yet new fish?

Stick to the criteria I laid out in thread we are not comparing starters (bjh-brunell) to fucking true freshmen...come on yeller. Again, not a close comparison. Let me reiterate, d Huard was a crappy college qb who had a decent senior year. Bjornson? No comment needed. Strong ass arm but moved to WR for 2 reasons im sure you don't know of...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2018

Eason and Browning are comparable to BJH and Brunell, though not as athletic, will shatter both those guys in terms of numbers. Yankee and Sirmon are much better than huard-bjornson....now throw in Haener and DBG, (who will leave but is still on spring roster) which was the criteria, it aint fucking close!!!! Sinking in yet new fish?

Stick to the criteria I laid out in thread we are not comparing starters (bjh-brunell) to fucking true freshmen...come on yeller. Again, not a close comparison. Let me reiterate, d Huard was a crappy college qb who had a decent senior year. Bjornson? No comment needed. Strong ass arm but moved to WR for 2 reasons im sure you don't know of...
    Fuck stats. Cyler Miles had better stats than 92 QB's did and surely you're not arguing he's a better QB. It's a different era.

Browning is not nearly as good as Brunell or Hobert. He's basically Huard.

Hobert and Brunell are more than likely the best two QB's of the entire group, which makes 92 the best QB collection. If and when Sirmon, Yankoff or Eason surpass one of those two then we can talk. I love their potential too. But that's all it is right now.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's fine to project pumpster. I think this could turn out to be the best depth chart at QB too. Thats a lot if fucking talent. I'm just not sure yet.