Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW QB depth.....

...clearly the best in UW history, most probably the best in the country...But to ever to be assembled? Perhaps... Take a snapshot of this spring's QB room... find me a better one...

Jake Haener is the weak link, and he likely will be backing up Browning

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,715 Founders Club
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Hanear missed on being a starting QB at eastern Washington
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Don't we have like 6 QBs on the roster now? I haven't seen all the couch sales tho.

Browning
    Bridge Gadd?
    Haener
    Eason
    Yankoff
    Sirmon

And magna carta sold his couch.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited March 2018
    NEsnake12 said:

This take is about a year premature. Eason/Sirmon/Yankoff/Morris will be the peak QB depth

Snapshot dipshit..that was the point. Didnt ask your collective opinions, asked to find me one better. I realize i shouldnt expect much. Btw, I said "perhaps," meaning I dont necessarily agree...or maybe I do

I do know its the best depth UW has ever had...but most here just jumped on the wagon when Ty was hired so wouldnt know any different. Maybe i should put the word out on dawgman for more edumacated replies..
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    Haener at least has an arm. He may be better than brownsox, but didn't have the same chance to get entrenched.

Hopefully, after a couple of years, we're still high on Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon. Kinda hard to call the QB depth that spectacular though when we have no faith in the 2nd stringer, the next guy in line is a transfer, and the two after him are incoming freshman. Good talent though, that's for sure.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited March 2018
    chuck said:

Haener at least has an arm. He may be better than brownsox, but didn't have the same chance to get entrenched.

Hopefully, after a couple of years, we're still high on Eason, Yankoff and Sirmon. Kinda hard to call the QB depth that spectacular though when we have no faith in the 2nd stringer, the next guy in line is a transfer, and the two after him are incoming freshman. Good talent though, that's for sure.

Unproven depth is part of the equation...which is why i called it a room and a snap fucking shot. No school in the country has 5-6 scholarship qb's with starting experience for fuck sake. Maybe 'depth chart' would have sunken into your thick skulls
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Don't we have like 6 QBs on the roster now? I haven't seen all the couch sales tho.

Browning
    Bridge Gadd?
    Haener
    Eason
    Yankoff
    Sirmon

And magna carta sold his couch.

Too fuckin soon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,493 Founders Club
    I'll take the Bama and Georgia rooms today
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Well when you have qb depth it means some transfers are in order and soon you have no depth.

What you really need is one guy behind the qb like 2 years younger and then maybe a super shitty 3rd string guy.

And then hope your qb doesn't get hurt
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    dnc said:

It's Hobert and Brunell in 1992 until proven fucking otherwise. That was peak UW QB depth.

We rightfully hate him now but that team's third stringer spent over a decade in the NFL.

That's some crazy QB depth.
    YESSS!!!!!
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,161
    "Clearly...probably...but...perhaps."

Where do I send my $10.95?!
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    NEsnake12 said:

This take is about a year premature. Eason/Sirmon/Yankoff/Morris will be the peak QB depth

Yep. Which I think is too bad because I think our OL will peak in 2018, over 2019 (hope I'm wrong).
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    I just can't wait for all this "depth" to get on campus so we can start hating them.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Swaye said:

I just can't wait for all this "depth" to get on campus so we can start hating them.

They are on campus Incase you forgot
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

I wouldn't expect an announcement, just expect to hear Eason's enrolled in classes one day