Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone care about the Oscars?

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,241 Standard Supporter
    It's Hollywood and it's 99% red.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    2001400ex said:

Don't know about the feminism stuff, but wood. Over and over and over.

photo A5C21A2A-0C8C-4756-8700-EF8873211A8E_zpscasiz3kb.gif

No you woodnt
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Best picture is trending to shit. It's become a circle jerk of "which movie is the most ambiguously artsy/inclusionary and has a boring script made for actors to act.".

They don't care about entertainment value at all. Not to say that every movie sucks, but I'd be hard pressed to watch a lot of them for a second time... and some I couldn't be assed to watch a first time (Shape of Water, The Artist, Crash, etc). No winners this decade will be rewatched and remembered 20 years from now.

The 2000's had some actually good winners though... Hurt Locker, LOTR Return of the King, Gladiator, No Country for Old Men, The Departed...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    NEsnake12 said:

Best picture is trending to shit. It's become a circle jerk of "which movie is the most ambiguously artsy/inclusionary and has a boring script made for actors to act.".

They don't care about entertainment value at all. Not to say that every movie sucks, but I'd be hard pressed to watch a lot of them for a second time... and some I couldn't be assed to watch a first time (Shape of Water, The Artist, Crash, etc). No winners this decade will be rewatched and remembered 20 years from now.

The 2000's had some actually good winners though... Hurt Locker, LOTR Return of the King, Gladiator, No Country for Old Men, The Departed...

Crash didn’t suck
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

This. I wish I had read this before I wrote my crap above. This nailed it, minus my profound addition of 90's movies and the data point that Shakespeare in Love ruined the last vestiges of Hollywood.

Also, was just looking at the list of winners and nominees and everything from 2010 on is a complete farce. Look at 2015 - Spotlight (lolwut?) beat Mad Max: Fury Road and The Revenant? Get the fuck out of here Hollywood. Fags.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,671 Standard Supporter
    Just to unfag Shakespeare in Love, Gwynneth showed off some nice tittays and fucking skills.

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    Swaye said:

You dipshits left out the 90's. Braveheart, The Unforgiven, American Beauty, The Silence of the Lambs, and Dances with Wolves (shout out to me).

But, the 90's also featured the first time I can recall of useless artsy tripe beating a legit great movie - when Shakespeare in Love beat Saving Private Ryan. 1998. That's where shit started going off the rails. Since 2010 it is rare where some useless artsy fag shit doesn't win. And Hollywood wonders why nobody tunes in anymore.

You are young. Amadeus beat out The Killing Fields in 1984.

And an overly large group of one-dimensional caricatures tromping around Normandy Saving Matt Damon was NOT a legit great movie. Spielberg's one legit great movie from the 90's was Schindler's List, not some high-production-value suckoff to the GG.
    BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

You dipshits left out the 90's. Braveheart, The Unforgiven, American Beauty, The Silence of the Lambs, and Dances with Wolves (shout out to me).

But, the 90's also featured the first time I can recall of useless artsy tripe beating a legit great movie - when Shakespeare in Love beat Saving Private Ryan. 1998. That's where shit started going off the rails. Since 2010 it is rare where some useless artsy fag shit doesn't win. And Hollywood wonders why nobody tunes in anymore.

And an overly large group of one-dimensional caricatures tromping around Normandy Saving Matt Damon was NOT a legit great movie. Spielberg's one legit great movie from the 90's was Schindler's List, not some high-production-value suckoff to the GG.
    It was better than Shakespeare in Love. That was tripe.

I saw my first Metallica show in 1985. I was 13 I think. I was way too busy smoking pot and headbanging to even know what Amadeus was, so you are correct there. I did see The Killing Fields later in life, and that actually was special.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,666 Founders Club
    The Killing Fields had a big impact on our pods
    Jurassic Park is the best movie ever made.

Gfto

Jurassic Park Debbie Does Dallas is the best movie ever made.

Gfto

edited March 2018

Jurassic Park Debbie Does Dallas Emmanuelle in Space is the best movie ever made.

Gfto

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

Jurassic Park Debbie Does Dallas Emmanuelle in Space is the best movie ever made.

Gfto

Huh?

Swaye said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

I saw my first Metallica show in 1985. I was 13 I think. I was way too busy smoking pot and headbanging to even know what Amadeus was, so you are correct there. I did see The Killing Fields later in life, and that actually was special.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JHZ94LMYm8

Here. I just saved you about 2 1/2 hours. 1:12 mark in is the whole story.

brb, yo

Swaye said:

BearsWiin said:

Swaye said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JHZ94LMYm8

Here. I just saved you about 2 1/2 hours. 1:12 mark in is the whole story.

brb, yo
    I love you.
    I played the shit out of that song in 85. It was something special.