Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019, 2020 and 2021 In-State (with all hudls)

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Does anyone have an opinion on Drew Fowler, Bellevue LB? Oregon State just offered him, apparently Wisconsin is recruiting him. Listed at 6'2 210, not sure I believe that. I assumed he would be slow but he ran an 11.1 100m.

I can't evaluate linebackers, does he suck? https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8151136/5a1f3da65eeceb272038a462

Looks pretty good to me. Looks small, though. Usually kids lie in 1.5" increments for some reason. My guess is he's really 6-0.5, 198. Still, he ran an 11.17 which is probably faster than Jody Mack runs.

If I were WSU I would be all the fuck over this kid.

The thing that sets him apart from Kaho, Sirmon and Tafisi from last year is frame size and quick twitch acceleration.

I like him, though. Definitely a kid that could be good. He's like a 4-3 OLB.
  • Egbuka to me is a 5*. If he wants to be a 2-sport athlete, then Stanford will put up a good fight. I'm not sure what the point is in making a crystal ball prediction three years before he graduates though. I've never heard of Bud Elliot, but it seems like he wants to be wrong about everything.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

Egbuka to me is a 5*. If he wants to be a 2-sport athlete, then Stanford will put up a good fight. I'm not sure what the point is in making a crystal ball prediction three years before he graduates though. I've never heard of Bud Elliot, but it seems like he wants to be wrong about everything.

What’s his other sport, basketball? ISAFNRC?
  • dnc said:

elord821 said:

Egbuka to me is a 5*. If he wants to be a 2-sport athlete, then Stanford will put up a good fight. I'm not sure what the point is in making a crystal ball prediction three years before he graduates though. I've never heard of Bud Elliot, but it seems like he wants to be wrong about everything.

What’s his other sport, basketball? ISAFNRC?
    Baseball
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Does anyone have an opinion on Drew Fowler, Bellevue LB? Oregon State just offered him, apparently Wisconsin is recruiting him. Listed at 6'2 210, not sure I believe that. I assumed he would be slow but he ran an 11.1 100m.

I can't evaluate linebackers, does he suck? https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8151136/5a1f3da65eeceb272038a462

Looks pretty good to me. Looks small, though. Usually kids lie in 1.5" increments for some reason. My guess is he's really 6-0.5, 198. Still, he ran an 11.17 which is probably faster than Jody Mack runs.

If I were WSU I would be all the fuck over this kid.

The thing that sets him apart from Kaho, Sirmon and Tafisi from last year is frame size and quick twitch acceleration.

I like him, though. Definitely a kid that could be good. He's like a 4-3 OLB.
    BBK’s replacement. He’s going to UW
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Caden Jumper, Brandon’s boy, is interesting. 6’3 220 as a freshman, likely grows 2-3 more inches and would project as an athletic OT along the lines of McGary.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Huffman on USC offering Latu and Simon:

"These are the 2nd and 3rd freshman that USC has offered in Washington already from the 2021 class, along with JT Tuimoloau who is the top freshman in the state, and they're already making a big impression on JT.

They're also keeping an eye on Sam Huard, the National Freshman of the Year who they watched throw on Monday.

USC isn't wasting any time offering these guys, who will easily be national recruits."

This horse has been beaten to death already, but I feel like getting a few kicks in.

Now, I'm not saying that @Dennis_DeYoung 's alcohol fueled rants have legs..... But DDY's alcohol fueled rants have legs.

USC is offering our? elite in-state kids well before UW does. Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING ELITE! Huffman said it plain and simple, they're going to be national recruits, so why waste time? Get in early and make it known you want them.

At least Pete has offered Tuimoloau right? Listen, I love that UW is selective with their offers. Seeing that Oregon has offered nearly 300 does give me a nice chuckle. Kids believe that a UW offer "means something". I also realize you don't want to offer too many kids early that might jump on offers and you're stuck with them because you won't boot them. But that isn't a fucking thing when the kids are... wait for it.... ELITE!!!!!

But if you can't see the elite kids in your back yard are going to have literally everyone after them and you need to have them thinking to themselves "I love all these offers but UW is the hometown team, and they were MY FIRST OFFER"..... then I can't fucking help you.

One final tangent:

We may all laugh at Helton because he's a shitty coach and for all we know shit will fall apart without Darnold. But can we at least agree that he is seeing what is happening up north, saw that UW flipped Tuli and got Kaho and got Irvin, and is saying "Fuck that shit".

USC is coming for our lunch and here is the proof:

Per Huffman, "USC QB coach Bryan Ellis was by Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic to watch a number of players they've offered including 2020 WR Gee Scott, 2020 DB Ayden Hector, 2020 TE D.J. Rogers and 2021 DE J.T. Tuimoloau, plus they watched 2020 RB Sam Adams."

2021 Class

- JT Tuimoloau - USC Offer, UW Offer (Hey we did this one right and were the first!)

- Julien "I'm 28" Simon - USC Offer, No UW Offer

- Will Latu - USC Offer, No UW Offer

- Sam Huard - No USC Offer (but they're already on him per Huffman), No UW Offer

- Emeka Egbuka - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, but FSU and both Oregon schools have so USC will before UW

2020 Class

- Gee Scott Jr - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Half the Pac-12 has offered, ND Offer

- DJ "I'm 35" Rogers - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Nebraska + Utah + ASU + LSU + Arkansas have all offered

- Ayden Hector - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona + Oregon have all offered

- Sam Adams - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona have offered and USC was talking to him because he's a part of a core 4 at EC

- Geirean Hatchett - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a second one right!), Half the Pac-12 has offered, Half the Big-12 has offered, etc., he's really good

- Sav'ell Smalls - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a third one right!), Everyone including your mom has offered

So of the 11 elite kids sitting in our? backyard, we? have offered just 3 of the kids, and that's only because they are the no brainer 5* kids that you have no choice but to offer.

Meanwhile USC has only NOT offered 3 of the kids. And those 3 USC are all evaluating now and will be offering soon.

Recap:

2020 and 2021 Elite prospects in Washington State

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Coach Pete may run circles around Clay as a coach, but Clay is opening our fridge and plans on eating what he wants while Pete just looks at him and is nervous to tell him he can't do that.

If you can't see that, then I can't fucking help you with that either.

Is this a direct attack on Washington or is SC just offering a hell of a lot more kids early across the bored than UW is?

Or???
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    dnc said:

"These are the 2nd and 3rd freshman that USC has offered in Washington already from the 2021 class, along with JT Tuimoloau who is the top freshman in the state, and they're already making a big impression on JT.

They're also keeping an eye on Sam Huard, the National Freshman of the Year who they watched throw on Monday.

USC isn't wasting any time offering these guys, who will easily be national recruits."

This horse has been beaten to death already, but I feel like getting a few kicks in.

Now, I'm not saying that @Dennis_DeYoung 's alcohol fueled rants have legs..... But DDY's alcohol fueled rants have legs.

USC is offering our? elite in-state kids well before UW does. Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING ELITE! Huffman said it plain and simple, they're going to be national recruits, so why waste time? Get in early and make it known you want them.

At least Pete has offered Tuimoloau right? Listen, I love that UW is selective with their offers. Seeing that Oregon has offered nearly 300 does give me a nice chuckle. Kids believe that a UW offer "means something". I also realize you don't want to offer too many kids early that might jump on offers and you're stuck with them because you won't boot them. But that isn't a fucking thing when the kids are... wait for it.... ELITE!!!!!

But if you can't see the elite kids in your back yard are going to have literally everyone after them and you need to have them thinking to themselves "I love all these offers but UW is the hometown team, and they were MY FIRST OFFER"..... then I can't fucking help you.

One final tangent:

We may all laugh at Helton because he's a shitty coach and for all we know shit will fall apart without Darnold. But can we at least agree that he is seeing what is happening up north, saw that UW flipped Tuli and got Kaho and got Irvin, and is saying "Fuck that shit".

Per Huffman, "USC QB coach Bryan Ellis was by Sammamish (Wash.) Eastside Catholic to watch a number of players they've offered including 2020 WR Gee Scott, 2020 DB Ayden Hector, 2020 TE D.J. Rogers and 2021 DE J.T. Tuimoloau, plus they watched 2020 RB Sam Adams."

2021 Class

- JT Tuimoloau - USC Offer, UW Offer (Hey we did this one right and were the first!)

- Sam Huard - No USC Offer (but they're already on him per Huffman), No UW Offer

- Emeka Egbuka - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, but FSU and both Oregon schools have so USC will before UW

2020 Class

- DJ "I'm 35" Rogers - USC Offer, No UW Offer, Nebraska + Utah + ASU + LSU + Arkansas have all offered

- Sam Adams - No USC Offer, No UW Offer, Cal + Zona have offered and USC was talking to him because he's a part of a core 4 at EC

- Geirean Hatchett - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a second one right!), Half the Pac-12 has offered, Half the Big-12 has offered, etc., he's really good

- Sav'ell Smalls - USC Offer, UW Offer (We got a third one right!), Everyone including your mom has offered

So of the 11 elite kids sitting in our? backyard, we? have offered just 3 of the kids, and that's only because they are the no brainer 5* kids that you have no choice but to offer.

Meanwhile USC has only NOT offered 3 of the kids. And those 3 USC are all evaluating now and will be offering soon.

Recap:

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Coach Pete may run circles around Clay as a coach, but Clay is opening our fridge and plans on eating what he wants while Pete just looks at him and is nervous to tell him he can't do that.

Is this a direct attack on Washington or is SC just offering a hell of a lot more kids early across the bored than UW is?

Or???
    I can see you don’t want to give Clay Helton enough credit to be recognizing UW’s rise and to devise a plan of attack to take the best players from UW’s base region.

However I am a megalomaniac and believe everything is about me and my favorite things. So yes, it is a direct attack on Washington.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2018

"USC isn't wasting any time offering these guys, who will easily be national recruits."

What a waste of energy to write these two sentences. Translation: "Their coaches are recruiting". Dad and Uncle Brock would scratch their heads if he went to USC.

• ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

#okg #trustthecoaches #trusttheprocess

But seriously some of the twatting right now is giving me serious wood
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

One final tangent:

2021 Class

2020 Class

Recap:

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Jesus Christ. Since you obviously have unlimited time in the day to research and type all this shit here's some homework for you that relates to your thesis. Find how many top level recruits sign with the team that is their first offer. I'm going to guess it's extremely small so being first ain't all that. But I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. Good luck.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    whuggy said:

One final tangent:

2021 Class

2020 Class

Recap:

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Jesus Christ. Since you obviously have unlimited time in the day to research and type all this shit here's some homework for you that relates to your thesis. Find how many top level recruits sign with the team that is their first offer. I'm going to guess it's extremely small so being first ain't all that. But I'm happy for you to prove me wrong. Good luck.

Your search terms of "top level recruits sign with the team that is their first offer" were a bit too broad to pull good data. Unfortunately there were too many data points from recruits whose first offer was Nevada, San Jose State, BYU, Arkansas State, etc. as a freshman that obviously never signed with that team.

I assumed you would approve of me narrowing the query to match the original terms of my thesis, which was focused on elite recruits who sign with their top tier home team who were their first offer. This is in sharp opposition of elite recruits whose top tier home team waits a few years and are thus somewhere between the 8th and 20th team to offer the recruit, of which all the other offers are from national powerhouse teams.

Now, the data can be a bit complicated to read and comprehend, but if I'm understanding the readouts correctly......

It looks like 107% of elite recruits whose top tier home team offers them before the national powerhouse teams ultimately sign with said home team.

I'm not sure where the extra 7% comes from, but it's just what the query results are reporting.

That will be $10.95 please.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,906
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

One final tangent:

2021 Class

2020 Class

Recap:

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Good point but a USC offer means more than most and will capture a kids attention. They can brag for 3 years how they "Could' go to USC if they wanted to. The sad part is that USC can do this and offer 300 kids a cycle to make them feel special and garner attention for SC then drop 275 of them at the deadline. Great move by them. It fits their reputation and kids will overlook the obvious just to get some of that sweet SC shine on themselves. That wont work at UW though so I believe Pete is in the right track however he will need to readdress how they handle in state guys.

whuggy said:

One final tangent:

2021 Class

2020 Class

Recap:

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Your search terms of "top level recruits sign with the team that is their first offer" were a bit too broad to pull good data. Unfortunately there were too many data points from recruits whose first offer was Nevada, San Jose State, BYU, Arkansas State, etc. as a freshman that obviously never signed with that team.

I assumed you would approve of me narrowing the query to match the original terms of my thesis, which was focused on elite recruits who sign with their top tier home team who were their first offer. This is in sharp opposition of elite recruits whose top tier home team waits a few years and are thus somewhere between the 8th and 20th team to offer the recruit, of which all the other offers are from national powerhouse teams.

Now, the data can be a bit complicated to read and comprehend, but if I'm understanding the readouts correctly......

It looks like 107% of elite recruits whose top tier home team offers them before the national powerhouse teams ultimately sign with said home team.

I'm not sure where the extra 7% comes from, but it's just what the query results are reporting.

That will be $10.95 please.
    I laughed. Like I said offering early is irrelevant. Pete ain't changing his evaluation process. Learn to live with it.

whuggy said:

One final tangent:

2021 Class

2020 Class

Recap:

UW has offered 3 of 11

USC has offered 8 of 11

Good point but a USC offer means more than most and will capture a kids attention. They can brag for 3 years how they "Could' go to USC if they wanted to. The sad part is that USC can do this and offer 300 kids a cycle to make them feel special and garner attention for SC then drop 275 of them at the deadline. Great move by them. It fits their reputation and kids will overlook the obvious just to get some of that sweet SC shine on themselves. That wont work at UW though so I believe Pete is in the right track however he will need to readdress how they handle in state guys.
    Sorry I don't buy it. High school coaches know that USC, Michigan and Bama to some extent play the bait and switch game.
    I'm sure they let it be known to their players being recruited. We might go that route someday but it ain't happening with Petersen coaching.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2018
    Paine Smith, 2020 ATH, Snoqualmie (Mount Si)

http://www.hudl.com/v/28CtQ2

I'm not sure what position he will end up playing at the next level. What jumps out the most to me is how quick his first step is off the line. His length won't allow him to play BUCK, even though it looks like that is where he currently excels at the most. I think he could get away with playing Mike. How much he grows in the next year or two will determine where he plays. Right now, I project him as an undersized Mike or running back. Nonetheless, he's already filled-out, very athletic, and a solid tackler.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    elord821 said:

Paine Smith, 2020 ATH, Snoqualmie (Mount Si)

http://www.hudl.com/v/28CtQ2

I'm not sure what position he will end up playing at the next level. What jumps out the most to me is how quick his first step is off the line. His length won't allow him to play BUCK, even though it looks like that is where he currently excels at the most. I think he could get away with playing Mike. How much he grows in the next year or two will determine where he plays. Right now, I project him as an undersized Mike or running back. Nonetheless, he's already filled-out, very athletic, and a solid tackler.

I don't think he's a defensive guy. We're already well on our way to Pete's dream of an all-Aryan running back room, so we'll probably offer this guy in December next year as long as USC offers him first.