Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Trump

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
Raising gas taxes to pay for infastructure, don't even think about it. There's not an easier way to go door ass out after 1 term than higher gas and oil prices.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,032 Founders Club
    edited February 2018

Raising gas taxes to pay for infastructure, don't even think about it. There's not an easier way to go door ass out after 1 term than higher gas and oil prices.

Don't be so fiscally reckless. Pay as you go. If the money goes towards infrastructure then it's not a bad idea.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Don't be so fiscally reckless. Pay as you go. If the money goes towards infrastructure then it's not a bad idea.
    Don’t worry obk. It wouldn’t pass anyway. Did you see what happened to trump’s immigration plan? No one respects him, or is scared of him. Infrastructure is DOA. The trump Agenda is DOA.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Nobody is going to pass a new gas tax and take heat from their constituents for Trump's infrastructure plan.

Republicans won't because their supporters are obk types who will lash out at any new taxes. Democrats won't because Trump.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Using a transportation tax to pay for the upkeep of transportation infrastructure is absolutely INSANE
    Like we do it in Washington state?
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    dflea said:

Nobody is going to pass a new gas tax and take heat from their constituents for Trump's infrastructure plan.

Republicans won't because their supporters are obk types who will lash out at any new taxes. Democrats won't because Trump.

This is trump 2018. Nothing will pass. We should shut the whole worthless enterprise down. Drain the swamp!

States are supposed to govern themselves anyway under a strict reading of the constitution.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Trump just needs to take the middle class tax break away.

HTH
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dflea said:

If you want more taxes, maybe Europe is more your speed.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Frankly we should privatize all roads. You use it, you pay for it. I fucking LOVE 520 toll and 405 'special use' lanes. Pay to use.

Got way fucking Tired of sitting in fucking traffic with poor free loaders. I pay now and cruise right on by now baby. Should be that way every fucking place.

I don't want to fucking subsidize roads for people like Salemkewg. Fuck that. Liberty and free markets bitches. Nothing else.
    Fuck that shit. I'm finished with the excuses that we need more taxes to pay for this garbage. We're taxed on everything and anything under the sun. Instead, trim the bureaucracy. Give it a big haircut. Cut the wages and pensions of bureaucrats, politicians and government employees to pay for infastructure, or fuck it.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Auctioning assets is also something Trump threw out as another option. CNNMSNBCABCCBSNBC didn’t want to hear that.

They only talk tax increase.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

Frankly we should privatize all roads. You use it, you pay for it. I fucking LOVE 520 toll and 405 'special use' lanes. Pay to use.

Got way fucking Tired of sitting in fucking traffic with poor free loaders. I pay now and cruise right on by now baby. Should be that way every fucking place.

I don't want to fucking subsidize roads for people like Salemkewg. Fuck that. Liberty and free markets bitches. Nothing else.
    Fuck that shit. I'm finished with the excuses that we need more taxes to pay for this garbage. We're taxed on everything and anything under the sun. Instead, trim the bureaucracy. Give it a big haircut. Cut the wages and pensions of bureaucrats, politicians and government employees to pay for infastructure, or fuck it.
    Fine. THAT, and privatize the ever loving shit outta this bitch. Listen to me!! Do that and watch 99% of our problems go right out the fucking window. It'll be messy and awkward for a bit while we clean out the riff raff, but in the end it'll be best.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    doogie said:

Auctioning assets is also something Trump threw out as another option. CNNMSNBCABCCBSNBC didn’t want to hear that.

They only talk tax increase.

P.R.I.V.A.T.I.Z.E
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

If you want more taxes, maybe Europe is more your speed.
    Reading comprehension isn't your thing, huh?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Let's not raise the military budget by $80B and use the money for roads instead.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,032 Founders Club

Christ. Toll roads and bridges are fine here and there, but have it little gratitude will ya. It was BIG GUVMINT that built the infrastructure that made this country the most prosperous in human history. Private enterprise could never have achieved this because the risk was to great or not enough ROI in the short term.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Let's not raise the military budget by $80B and use the money for roads instead.

But then we can't have a parade.