Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Huskies were you most excited about that never panned out?

Comments

• Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lorenzo Booker

Hi Kim
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fucking easy...jason bass, sizemore , matt tui...in that order i’m a fucking cunt

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Corey Brown
    Eugene Burkhalter
    Jason Shelley
    Cedric White
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Good call on ben. Dude could have been a great DE. I hate track and field. Damn it hooker
  • Options
    Chris Jeurgens was rounding out into our greatest whitey at WR. Farmer, McCaffrey type...i always bring this guy up to steel2. Damn it
  • Options
    DawgofThunderDawgofThunder Member Posts: 118
    5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Nathan Rhodes
    Jori Fogerson
    Colin Porter
    Craig Chambers
    JR Who?
    Willis Ray Mackey
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    God, so many.

Cedric White sticks out, as does a defensive lineman from Houston around the same time whose name I can't remember (Patterson)? Both were highly rated and contributed zilch.

• Options

Nathan Rhodes
    Jori Fogerson
    Colin Porter
    Craig Chambers
    JR Who?
    Willis Ray Mackey

Uh, Chambers played well when given opportunity. Aside from his mental problems, blame the coach, qb and shitty team around him. Fogerson? He played and was meh.. Rhodes is only good call on your list. Fuck aside from Pup, these posts are shitty.

I expected more from derek. Ware, JJ? At least pick blue chip guys, thats point of the thread
  • Options
    TTJ said:

Corey Brown
    Eugene Burkhalter
    Jason Shelley
    Cedric White

Burkhalter? How did he not pan out? Shelley hurt but Cedric White went to the biggest cheater of all time in jackie Sherrill and did nothing in SEC. Its not like he didnt get a chance
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    rel="DawgofThunder">Nathan Rhodes
    Jori Fogerson
    Colin Porter
    Craig Chambers
    JR Who?
    Willis Ray Mackey

Had to google Mackey as it was before my time; Crazy Story. Lived up to some pretty intense hype as a Freshman in 79 then disappeared back to Texas like a fart in the wind and never played another down again. More chinfo: http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20021227&slug=sun27
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,034
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    gonna get downboated to bolivian for this but ronnie fouch, thought he was going to be 100x the qb lockner was.

i could be right, i could be wrong but fuck he sucked.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Michael Patterson Madison HS Houston. 1995, Was a stud. I worked at sports Washington back then( kill me, pre Kim etc) and did a lot of work on that class hi light film. Patterson was buddies with Lester Towns, got home sick. I'm still waiting for Cal Lee St. Louis HS head coach at time to call me back about Olin Kruetz.
    AIRWOLF said:

God, so many.

Cedric White sticks out, as does a defensive lineman from Houston around the same time whose name I can't remember (Patterson)? Both were highly rated and contributed zilch.

• Options
    edited February 2018

Michael Patterson Madison HS Houston. 1995, Was a stud. I worked at sports Washington back then( kill me, pre Kim etc) and did a lot of work on that class hi light film. Patterson was buddies with Lester Towns, got home sick. I'm still waiting for Cal Lee St. Louis HS head coach at time to call me back about Olin Kruetz.

AIRWOLF said:

God, so many.

Good call steel2. Craig Quesada really hurt too. Oh, mijo austin too
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I think you guys need to look up "panned out". Jason Shelley panned out. He just couldn't stay on the team.

The biggest single disappointment of which I'm aware in the modern era is Mike Lustyk.

Tempting to say Paul Arnold, but again, look up "panned out". Arnold had back problems pretty much the entire time he was at Washington. That he was able to salvage something of his career by playing some semi-respectable receiver while being a shell of his athletic self tells you what a specimen that guy was.

I used to go to picture day. It's what I liked to do. You'd go and meet guys like Ben Mahdavi and say to yourself "that dude is Ben Mahdavi?" and wonder how the fuck they can shine on Saturdays with that body. I had a similar reaction to meeting Charles Frederick.

I did not have that reaction when I met Paul Arnold. Sitting down and relaxing, the guy's athleticism was just stand-out obvious. What a fucking shame with him. Nice kid too.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

I think you guys need to look up "panned out". Jason Shelley panned out. He just couldn't stay on the team.

The biggest single disappointment of which I'm aware in the modern era is Mike Lustyk.

Tempting to say Paul Arnold, but again, look up "panned out". Arnold had back problems pretty much the entire time he was at Washington. That he was able to salvage something of his career by playing some semi-respectable receiver while being a shell of his athletic self tells you what a specimen that guy was.

I used to go to picture day. It's what I liked to do. You'd go and meet guys like Ben Mahdavi and say to yourself "that dude is Ben Mahdavi?" and wonder how the fuck they can shine on Saturdays with that body. I had a similar reaction to meeting Charles Frederick.

I did not have that reaction when I met Paul Arnold. Sitting down and relaxing, the guy's athleticism was just stand-out obvious. What a fucking shame with him. Nice kid too.

Good post.