Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bralen Trice, 3* 2019 BUCK, Glendale (O'Connor) AZ, (SUCK IT DOMERS!! BOW TO KWAT!!)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

It's funny that we missed out on our Tier 3 guy. Kwat seems really good at this.

Kwat is like an excellent pitcher in the American league. Get him a designated hitter for recruiting already.
    That mechanic exists.

Move him to consultant. Pay him the same. Same office. Same respect. Just no direct player contact. He is up in the booth during games anyway.

Hire a new olb coach who can croot.
    Dude, he is an excellent OLB coach.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

It's funny that we missed out on our Tier 3 guy. Kwat seems really good at this.

Kwat is like an excellent pitcher in the American league. Get him a designated hitter for recruiting already.
    That mechanic exists.

Move him to consultant. Pay him the same. Same office. Same respect. Just no direct player contact. He is up in the booth during games anyway.

Hire a new olb coach who can croot.
    Yeah, his track record with development and players once they are on campus is great. He's just not an ace recruiter and probably never will be. He needs a grad assistant as a hype man or something. Or you know, a recruiting coordinator that does more than follow T&A on insta.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

This is a perfect analogy.

Find the DH!
    This was my idea: hire Gerald Alexander (or Harris or whatever) to coach OLBs under his tutelage. Then, let them co-recruit (aka take the lead).

But Pete is too busy turning down national media stories on his program to care.
    Getting a bag man would be a simpler solution. Pretty sure that DDY would volunteer
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Igetsofuckingiritatedwiththisfuckingshit.gif

OL & DL recruiting has been insanely good the last two classes... even ILB (assuming Hemuili signs) has picked up the last couple years. We're? leveling up just about everywhere else, but the ongoing bedshitting at BUCK is fucking maddening.

Our? defense with a really good edge rusher getting after the QB on third down would be fucking unstoppable. Now we're in danger of getting nothing at this position for the second straight year. Pete's gotta make some kind of adjustment, because whatever the fuck Kwat's doing is not working.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    guntlove said:

OL & DL recruiting has been insanely good the last two classes... even ILB (assuming Hemuili signs) has picked up the last couple years. We're? leveling up just about everywhere else, but the ongoing bedshitting at BUCK is fucking maddening.

Our? defense with a really good edge rusher getting after the QB on third down would be fucking unstoppable. Now we're in danger of getting nothing at this position for the second straight year. Pete's gotta make some kind of adjustment, because whatever the fuck Kwat's doing is not working.

Zion was the Buck in last class. Tuputala is likely an outside guys as well in this class. Give them a chance to get their guy(s) at Buck before you panic.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

guntlove said:

Zion was the Buck in last class. Tuputala is likely an outside guys as well in this class. Give them a chance to get their guy(s) at Buck before you panic.
    Zion is too big and slow. He's going to play inside.

Tuputala could be a good call. His size and quickness are exactly what UW is lacking at inside LB though.

Bottom line is we need to recruit more fast guys that can play at or above 230lbs.
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Seems we'll never replace Feeney or Kikaha ...holy fuck if we could just get those types at least this defense omg. Let Tryon get more snaps please guy looks amazing future is bright for him
  • Options

What

chuck said:

guntlove said:

Tuputala could be a good call. His size and quickness are exactly what UW is lacking at inside LB though.

Bottom line is we need to recruit more fast guys that can play at or above 230lbs.
    Huh? Zion is not slow. He pretty fucking quick imo
    The only thing I worry about with is he is gonna be to big for buck but like everything else
  • Options
    I honestly want long bodied fast guys on the edge who can play at 260 or 70 or more without sacrificing speed but that's not for us cause we can't croot for shit there
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kahlil Mack was a 2 Star so there’s always hope for us
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    chuck said:

guntlove said:

He's not slow. He moves well. How is 6'2 250 too big? The point is he was recruited to play Buck/SAM. Will he outgrow the position? Nobody knows but you said they didn't get anybody at Buck last class and that's false.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    My turn to be bipolar... and just pretend there are ?’s because I’m too tired and lazy.

How the fuck can we not recruit BUCKs? Is there some misconception, like with Thibodeaux, that you need to play in warm weather so the quarterback will be in more passing situations? It really makes no fucking sense. Speaking of Kayvon, what the fuck is he doing still entertaining a USC offer?

We will have a little drop off in DL play before it gets back to being phenomenal with lots of talent and depth, the DB room is stacked and getting stronger, so not only will a pass rusher have more time to get coverage sacks, but they will also have clear lanes with our monster DL up front eating up blockers. What more could a BUCK want? Fucking coffee cups and a better barber shop?? Figure it the fuck out! When you have a stupidly productive collegiate career and your draft stock dictates a big paycheck, you will make a shit ton more money than if you accept that $30k now to go get raked over at FSU.

It’s just fucking ridiculous that we can’t sell pass rushers on this program yet we can sell almost any other important positional group, including the second most fast strat in DB’s! Fuck, Coach K, pull it together man! And Peterman, he clearly isn’t the guy, so why the fuck did you bring in Harris for DB’s when we need OLB help!

Otherwise, I love this class so far.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

My turn to be bipolar... and just pretend there are ?’s because I’m too tired and lazy.

How the fuck can we not recruit BUCKs? Is there some misconception, like with Thibodeaux, that you need to play in warm weather so the quarterback will be in more passing situations? It really makes no fucking sense. Speaking of Kayvon, what the fuck is he doing still entertaining a USC offer?

We will have a little drop off in DL play before it gets back to being phenomenal with lots of talent and depth, the DB room is stacked and getting stronger, so not only will a pass rusher have more time to get coverage sacks, but they will also have clear lanes with our monster DL up front eating up blockers. What more could a BUCK want? Fucking coffee cups and a better barber shop?? Figure it the fuck out! When you have a stupidly productive collegiate career and your draft stock dictates a big paycheck, you will make a shit ton more money than if you accept that $30k now to go get raked over at FSU.

It’s just fucking ridiculous that we can’t sell pass rushers on this program yet we can sell almost any other important positional group, including the second most fast strat in DB’s! Fuck, Coach K, pull it together man! And Peterman, he clearly isn’t the guy, so why the fuck did you bring in Harris for DB’s when we need OLB help!

I don't understand the accusations of being bi-polar TBH...

Just because we are likely to get great players everywhere but WR, TE and BUCK doesn't mean that those positions are great as well.

Only Doogs think that because we have a great DL committed that some other position doesn't matter.

We didn't sign any BUCKs last year. None. If we strike out again this year, that is going to seriously fuck us. We fucked the pooch and didn't recruit DJ Johnson and because we can't fucking sign anyone at BUCK (the cycle is always: offer, excitement, dull period where they want to go elsewhere, a pick up in attractiveness of UW, then ultimate disappointment).

I'm not a huge Trice fan, but I would kill for him because we can't get anyone.

As I said this summer, we should offer Orin Patu. He's not my absolute favorite either, but we'd have a realistic shot at him. I feel the same about Dylan Hall.
    Hell, at this point start finding those basketball recruits that aren’t good enough for a D1 offer but have the frame to play BUCK and hope they can contribute as RS soph, they can’t just leave the depth chart empty.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't understand the accusations of being bi-polar TBH...

Just because we are likely to get great players everywhere but WR, TE and BUCK doesn't mean that those positions are great as well.

Only Doogs think that because we have a great DL committed that some other position doesn't matter.

We didn't sign any BUCKs last year. None. If we strike out again this year, that is going to seriously fuck us. We fucked the pooch and didn't recruit DJ Johnson and because we can't fucking sign anyone at BUCK (the cycle is always: offer, excitement, dull period where they want to go elsewhere, a pick up in attractiveness of UW, then ultimate disappointment).

I'm not a huge Trice fan, but I would kill for him because we can't get anyone.

As I said this summer, we should offer Orin Patu. He's not my absolute favorite either, but we'd have a realistic shot at him. I feel the same about Dylan Hall.
    Hell, at this point start finding those basketball recruits that aren’t good enough for a D1 offer but have the frame to play BUCK and hope they can contribute as RS soph, they can’t just leave the depth chart empty.
    In the spring I said 'offer Patu and Hall now'... hopefully we can flip Patu (his younger brother Ari is a big time 2021 kid who will probably play WR or DB), late... but Saul Patu (his dad) played with Justin Wilcox at Oregon. We shall see.