Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

California Bill would ban tackle football before High School

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

pat_hm said:

Shocked the city of Seattle hasn't banned tackle football. This is right up their alley.

They kind of did years ago

I remember being shocked when out son entered middle school and I was excited about him playing football like dad except they didn't have football. Had to go to private league which didn't really interest him.

Big reason why Seattle is basketball town. Also when you go to Rainier Beach the home of 4 NBA players that means something
    Crawford
    Robinson
    Murray
    Christie

Pretty nice list.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Our son played pick up ball with Christie

Our son played pick up ball with Christie

The first 6 inches were consensual?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

#MeToo

Anyone else read this as "pound me too"?

#MeToo

#MeToo
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    dnc said:

#MeToo

#MeToo
    @Swaye will get off work soon.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    doogville said:

CaptainPJ said:

pat_hm said:

Shocked the city of Seattle hasn't banned tackle football. This is right up their alley.

Give it a day or two.

Surprised those dykes are allowing NHL. Although I think their play is more fucking Chris Hanson, than bringing NHL here.

Then again, who ever accused a liberal of thinking things through before foaming at the mouth?! They can always play the race/sex/xeno card to cover their repeated failures.

Fuck Seattle
    Fuck off, bitch. Sorry liberal Seattle is winning super bowls & PAC 12 championships and then popping off.

Go enjoy your amateur hockey or rec league bowling or whatever bullshit they have in your town. Swing by Applebee's for some that hot bar scene afterwards.
    LEAVE!!!!
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

I remember being shocked when out son entered middle school and I was excited about him playing football like dad except they didn't have football. Had to go to private league which didn't really interest him.

Big reason why Seattle is basketball town. Also when you go to Rainier Beach the home of 4 NBA players that means something
    Crawford
    Robinson
    Murray
    Christie

Pretty nice list.
    Terrence Williams

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Crawford
    Robinson
    Murray
    Christie

Pretty nice list.
    Terrence Williams
    I figured I was forgetting someone. I bet there's at least one more who got some run.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself if this bill passes. Middle school football is a huge passion of mine. On top that, my favorite team has a bunch of talented elementary school kids on their recruiting radar for the next couple years.

I work with someone whose husband coaches junior league football in Seattle and they actually do this shit. Coaches fight over getting 7 year olds to join their team.
    Even in the Pee-N-Dubewe, little league football politics are fucking chinsane.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    California, Oregon, and Washington are in a close competition for #1 pussy state in the nation. Right now it's a dead heat for the top spot but if this bill passes that should be enough to nudge Cali into the lead. Well, until Oregon and Washington follow their lead and then come up with something even wimpier.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is gay, but not really a big deal. If anything kids are tired of soccer, baseball, bball, whatever by the time high school rolls around and are starving to play football. That's how it was for me and my fellow papermakers anyway, and we fucking ran this state. Look it up
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    edited February 2018

Gladstone said:

Johnny Kirton (RIP) dragging me 9 yards downfield every play. Heatherwood Middle School vs Harbour Pointe Middle School 2000.

get beat up by Snohomish Panthers / Rick Fenney 1979 then pop off! Although, Kirton is tough...
    Except Rick Fenney was younger than that.

1979 was Scott Anderson.

Fake news! That's incorrect. I've still got the cleat imprint on my chest to prove it. Snoho won the state title the prior year. Extremely tough venue to play in. They were damn good.

Also, I forgot Kirton suddenly died (why?)
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited February 2018

Gladstone said:

Johnny Kirton (RIP) dragging me 9 yards downfield every play. Heatherwood Middle School vs Harbour Pointe Middle School 2000.

get beat up by Snohomish Panthers / Rick Fenney 1979 then pop off! Although, Kirton is tough...

1979 was Scott Anderson.

Fake news! That's incorrect. I've still got the cleat imprint on my chest to prove it. Snoho won the state title the prior year. Extremely tough venue to play in. They were damn good.

Dude. You must have got that in middle school game then. Fenney was a senior in '83. In the '79 football season, Fenney was an 8th grader.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=PANTHERFOOTBALLMOMS&s=football&p=awards

http://www.wiaa.com/schoolhistory.aspx

You did get it right that Snohomish won the state championship in the year prior to '79.

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Gladstone said:

1979 was Scott Anderson.

Dude. You must have got that in middle school game then. Fenney was a senior in '83. In the '79 football season, Fenney was an 8th grader.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=PANTHERFOOTBALLMOMS&s=football&p=awards

You did get it right that Snohomish won the state championship in the year prior to '79.

I don't get it then, since he was born in 1964 and I saw him running up and down the field in 1979 when he would have been a sophomore about 15 years old. Maybe there were two of them. Fuck if I know.

Gladstone said:

1979 was Scott Anderson.

I don't get it then, since he was born in 1964 and I saw him running up and down the field in 1979 when he would have been a sophomore about 15 years old. Maybe there were two of them. Fuck if I know.
    If he didn't redshirt in college the timeline mostly fits both of your narratives:

79 football season - HS frosh
    80 football season - HS soph
    81 football season - HS jr
    82 football season - HS sr
    Graduates HS spring of 83

Played at UW 83-86

But that means you got beat up by a HS frosh, not a sophomore.

If he redshirted at UW then he gradued HS in 82 and would have been a sophomore when he kicked your ass.

Either way, not chinteresting.