Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adidas is pitching UW today

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

This is true. I had a $7.00 Champion sweatshirt, from the early 90’s, that I wore when I was leaving the gym or doing yard work; it’s pretty ratty. My 16 year old daughter discovered it in an old gym bag and now wears it nonstop. It’s amazing how many compliments her friends give her.

Pics.
    AGREE

That must be some sweatshirt.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Whoever fucks up the uniforms the least
  • Options
    skinnedskinned Member Posts: 103
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I actually thought we re-upped with Nike late last year based on this article.

http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_459a459c-c8dc-11e7-ba6b-ab7ef7509127.html

Are there different contracts for merch licensing and the apparel they actually wear on the field?
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BlowItUp said:

counterpoint: what adidas did with miami was literally perfect.

counter to the counterpoint:

But I guess every team in america has to have a black alternate these days...Cause Jen likes them.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Currently being a college-student athlete who sort of plays football, everyone prefers Adidas preformance wise. Way more comfortable, breathable, etc etc, But the power of the Swoosh is still prevalent. But with that, Fuck Oregon. Switch to Adidas.
  • Options
    skinned said:

I actually thought we re-upped with Nike late last year based on this article.

http://www.dailyuw.com/news/article_459a459c-c8dc-11e7-ba6b-ab7ef7509127.html

Are there different contracts for merch licensing and the apparel they actually wear on the field?

This article predates the article you poasted but has some good chinfo on the existing Nike deal.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/college/pac-12/university-of-washington/article153269259.html
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2018
    theLSkid said:

Currently being a college-student athlete who sort of plays football,

Soderberg?
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    Its all about adidas with the kids these days, they doing all the collabs with designers. Maybe we could get the first Yeezy adidas collaboration uniforms. Plus kids would get free ultra boosts and NMDs shit thats worth it right there. Those UW players could turn around and sell their adidas shoe gear for a profit if they were smart enough
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

For the record; like anyone gives a shit: I don't believe Nike is intentionally fucking up our unis necessarily. I just despise black fucking sleeves. If sleeve color is our biggest issue, I can fucking deal with it. BowDownToTheFuckingBlackSleeves

You still don’t get it

Not much to "get". I don't like the black sleeves. End of story.

Every time you blame Nike for the fucking black sleeves you show you don’t get it.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

For the record; like anyone gives a shit: I don't believe Nike is intentionally fucking up our unis necessarily. I just despise black fucking sleeves. If sleeve color is our biggest issue, I can fucking deal with it. BowDownToTheFuckingBlackSleeves

You still don’t get it

Every time you blame Nike for the fucking black sleeves you show you don’t get it.
    Where exactly did I blame Nike?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Go with anyone that brings back the Weasel and puts it on the black sleeves, daWg style.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

You still don’t get it

Fuck. I’m not re-reading this AIDS infested thread again just for your benefit. Do your own homework. You probably have helicopters for parents right?
  • Options
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

You still don’t get it

Fuck. I’m not re-reading this AIDS infested thread again just for your benefit. Do your own homework. You probably have helicopters for parents right?
    That's what I thought dick weed. If the Nike blame doesn't fit, you gotta acquit!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So, according to you, Nike is unintentionally fucking up the unis. Intentional or not, you’re blaming the swoosh.

Further, you questioned whether the AD with balls as big as her tits liked the black sleeves. If she didn’t want them, UW wouldn’t have them. Again, leading one to believe you think Nike is at fault.

Now fuck off.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,267
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    theLSkid said:

Currently being a college-student athlete who sort of plays football

Chincredible

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Adidas shoes are too narrow
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

Bread said:

Just dropped by my local middle school. Champion is the hot brand with the next generation. If we want to be a power house in the 2020s we better switch to Champion.

This is true. I had a $7.00 Champion sweatshirt, from the early 90’s, that I wore when I was leaving the gym or doing yard work; it’s pretty ratty. My 16 year old daughter discovered it in an old gym bag and now wears it nonstop. It’s amazing how many compliments her friends give her.

Pics.
    Sure.