Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Any clue if Big Daddy Bush

longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
Will run similar offence as Smith?

With no real info I'm thinking should be similar ....but hopefully watches the Apple Cup and has 3 TE in game and runs it...

I creamed my manties watching that first play.....then they stopped.

Big Daddy Bush going to pound the rock?

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Can’t remember where the interview was but the first thing he said when asked about his offense he said “we need to take pressure off the QB”, which I can only hope means more runs, more play action, less empty set RPO stuff.

We dont need a new offense, just a new focus to it
    Bread said:

Can’t remember where the interview was but the first thing he said when asked about his offense he said “we need to take pressure off the QB”, which I can only hope means more runs, more play action, less empty set RPO stuff.

We dont need a new offense, just a new focus to it

It means he realizes Browning is shit under pressure.
    WIW

Already ahead of JSmith
    Also found this from the falcons page, he’s had a few play calling opportunities it seems.

Bush Hamdan brings seven years of collegiate coaching experience to the Atlanta Falcons. He spent the previous two years at the University of Washington – in 2016 he was the wide receivers/pass game coordinator, and during his first year with the Huskies he was the offensive quality control coach.

In 2014, he was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Davidson, where he coached J.P. Douglas to a 66-percent completion percentage and a 130.4 passer rating. Before joining Davidson, he was the co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Arkansas State. His starting quarterback, Adam Kennedy, completed 69.2-percent of his passes for 2,363 yards and a 139.9 passer rating.

Hamdan spent time at Florida (2012) as the wide receivers coach and coached tight ends at Sacramento State the year before (2011). In 2010, he worked as an offensive quality control coach for Maryland before being promoted to the quarterbacks coach for the team’s game in the Military Bowl versus East Carolina. During that season, he worked with the Terrapins, then freshman, quarterback Danny O’Brien, who broke several freshman passing records and earned ACC Rookie of the Year honors.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    Fuck. Thought this was a thread about Ron Jeremy.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Bush originally went to Atlanta because he wanted to work with Kyle Shanahan. He loves Shanahan's offense, and so do I. Shanny made the fucking Browns offense look decent for half a season, and they were starting Brian Hoyer, who's a complete retard. He was also able to make the 49ers offense work last year despite a complete lack of skill talent and a QB with poor deep ball accuracy.

Sure, Bush wanted to get the fuck away from that drunk retard Sark, but Peterman didn't bring him back to not have any autonomy or repsonsibility to allow him to grow. I think this whole "It's Pete's Offense" saying is mostly bullshit anyway. Peterman isn't an offensive guy any more. He's transitioned to being more of a CEO-style coach.

I think Bush will be allowed to make this "his" offense, within reason of course. If nothing else, I think we can expect run-pass balance, getting the RBs more targets in the passing game, and a lot more play-action. I also think Black Beast will play a pretty big role as the move TE. Might be our leading receiver next year, considering what we're returning.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    The offensive identity isn't the problem, the quarterback is. HTH.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I don't completely agree with this. Tim Tebow looked great in college. Drew Brees looks great with an offense designed around his skills. Blake Bortles and Case Keenum looked good with the right offense. Problem is, babushka's offense was just "throw the ball down field and see if John Ross or Pettis can catch it". If that doesn't work, gaskin can maybe run it.

If Hamden is worth a shit, he'll design an offense similar to the Saints this year. Thing is, we can bowl over wsu, OSU, Cal, etc. with 40 rushes for 300 yards. We won't do that to U$C, Bama, or Pedo state. So we need to set Browning up with short quick throws and mix in the run and deep balls. Smith refused to do that.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

If Bush is smart, he will hit Jake in the head with a tire iron.

Then just fucking run the goddamn ball.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

I don't completely agree with this. Tim Tebow looked great in college. Drew Brees looks great with an offense designed around his skills. Blake Bortles and Case Keenum looked good with the right offense. Problem is, babushka's offense was just "throw the ball down field and see if John Ross or Pettis can catch it". If that doesn't work, gaskin can maybe run it.

If Hamden is worth a shit, he'll design an offense similar to the Saints this year. Thing is, we can bowl over wsu, OSU, Cal, etc. with 40 rushes for 300 yards. We won't do that to U$C, Bama, or Pedo state. So we need to set Browning up with short quick throws and mix in the run and deep balls. Smith refused to do that.
    What the fuck are you talking about? Drew Brees is one of the greatest QBs of all time you retard. Case Keenum may be a mediocre NFL QB but he was a good college QB, with inflated stats because of the scheme and conference, but still a good college QB.

And as much as Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles both fucking suck, they have elite physical traits that Browning doesn't have. They're such polar opposites when it comes to physical traits that they may as well not even be the same species. That's why you could scheme them good in college.
    That's on Bush to find a way to scheme Browning.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    2001400ex said:

Drew Brees’s shortcoming is his height. He can make every throw on the money. He was sick in the Rose Bowl.

Browning has a noodle arm. Yes, they should design short routes for him. Of course every DC thought the same thing, and with no deep threat, every D press covered and didn’t respect the deep pass. The deep/intermediate routes were open. That’s why Browning threw them. He didn’t have the arm or confidence to complete them at 60%+ rates.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,796 Founders Club
    AEB said:

2001400ex said:

Drew Brees’s shortcoming is his height. He can make every throw on the money. He was sick in the Rose Bowl.

Browning has a noodle arm. Yes, they should design short routes for him. Of course every DC thought the same thing, and with no deep threat, every D press covered and didn’t respect the deep pass. The deep/intermediate routes were open. That’s why Browning threw them. He didn’t have the arm or confidence to complete them at 60%+ rates.
    Maybe Bush will throw out a large portion of empty sets. With a stubborn ground game sucking the defense up, maybe, just maybe we can RUN A PLAY ACTION PASS for fucks sake. Black Beast running wide open down the seam twenty yards would be a revelation. Show Brownshorts film of a real QB who can execute the fake and even a noodle dick like Jake should be able to throw the ball 15-20 yards. If that seems unattainable for our fourth year starter after fall camp put Gaskins at QB and Salvons at RB. Fuck it.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    2001400ex said:

Holy hell!

Is this a fucking whoosh?

Why the fuck are you still here, besides to irritate the rest of us?

#friday
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,950 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Drew Brees is one of the greatest QBs of all time you retard. Case Keenum may be a mediocre NFL QB but he was a good college QB, with inflated stats because of the scheme and conference, but still a good college QB.

And as much as Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles both fucking suck, they have elite physical traits that Browning doesn't have. They're such polar opposites when it comes to physical traits that they may as well not even be the same species. That's why you could scheme them good in college.
    That's on Bush to find a way to scheme Browning.
    How about you do everyone.gif a favor and go find the aurora bridge.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Bush originally went to Atlanta because he wanted to work with Kyle Shanahan. He loves Shanahan's offense, and so do I. Shanny made the fucking Browns offense look decent for half a season, and they were starting Brian Hoyer, who's a complete retard. He was also able to make the 49ers offense work last year despite a complete lack of skill talent and a QB with poor deep ball accuracy.

Sure, Bush wanted to get the fuck away from that drunk retard Sark, but Peterman didn't bring him back to not have any autonomy or repsonsibility to allow him to grow. I think this whole "It's Pete's Offense" saying is mostly bullshit anyway. Peterman isn't an offensive guy any more. He's transitioned to being more of a CEO-style coach.

I think Bush will be allowed to make this "his" offense, within reason of course. If nothing else, I think we can expect run-pass balance, getting the RBs more targets in the passing game, and a lot more play-action. I also think Black Beast will play a pretty big role as the move TE. Might be our leading receiver next year, considering what we're returning.

Disagree.

The job of a CEO is to develop the strategy.

Bush will have a different tact than Smith did, and he will be allowed to grow.

But to think Petersen doesn't give him the framework and the vision is idiotic.

I've said before, it's not like Petersen is spitting coffee out Sunday morning as he reviews the box score.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    topdawgnc said:

Disagree.

The job of a CEO is to develop the strategy.

Bush will have a different tact than Smith did, and he will be allowed to grow.

But to think Petersen doesn't give him the framework and the vision is idiotic.

I've said before, it's not like Petersen is spitting coffee out Sunday morning as he reviews the box score.
    Are you dense? It's always a treat when someone says "I disagree" then go on to say a bunch of shit that's in no way contrary to anything you were saying. Where the fuck did I say that Peterman stands on the sideline with noise-cancelling headphones and a blindfold on? Of course he takes part in forming strategy and gameplanning. You'd have to be a fucking imbecile to even think that I insinuated anything different.

Jesus christ.