Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry To'oto'o, 4* 2019 LB, Concord (De La Salle), CA (Offered 2/23/17)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,992
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@backthepack how confident are you in this one? Willing to jerk off my avatar if he doesn’t come here?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Where there's smoke...there's fire. I think Roof might be losing her shit because this was something told to her in confidence by a valuable source for her and it leaking out could cause that source to dry up so now she's trying to back pedal the fuck up.

Lol at anybody who thinks fans shouldn't tweet at recruits or possible transfer candidates. Everybody is doing it and it's a free fucking country. The NCAA has no power in college football much less the real world where people not employed by these programs can do whatever the fuck they want on social media and it can't be stopped.

I will laugh so hard if this happens.

You may not like hearing this, but the reality is that even though the NCAA as a whole is relatively neutered at this point, there are fine lines between acting as a fan and crossing over and acting as a representative of the University.

Being positive about the school that you support, etc. makes a ton of sense. Let the kids drive their social media interests. Being all over HS kids to me is crossing the line a bit.

But when you start going down the path of actively and directly contacting kids while putting messages, etc. together are crossing a line that IMO you shouldn't be crossing.

It should be really simple:

1) Support your school ... show that you care

2) Let the coaches and the University do the recruiting
    LEAVE LOSER!

The NCAA doesn’t do shit and it’s obviously helping in recruiting.
    1) Just because the NCAA hasn't done anything about it yet doesn't mean that they won't

2) Just because laws in place aren't actively enforced doesn't mean that you should actively not care about breaking those laws

3) You have no idea whether this is actively helping recruiting or not and if it is to what degree it is ... your mindset is simply that because recruiting is going well and that the social media work is taking place, that there's a direct relationship. While not saying it's not helping in some manner, I guarantee that you're overinflating how much of a factor that it is.

Again, I've got no issue with being supporting and people showing that they care. That's awesome. But don't directly recruit ... that's just playing with fire IMO. Many of you were the ones that just months ago were actively going down the path of some dark areas that were far from accurate while also saying that recruiting was in the dumpster fire.

Rule #1 to anything should be "don't do something FS to the point that it hurts UW" ... PERIOD
    You sound old and gay
    You sound young and naive

Also sound like somebody that wasn't around in the early 90s when the PAC knocked UW down when they were good through any avenue possible ... simple solution is don't give them a reason to do so
    They would literally have to punish every program in the country you moron. Jesus you're paranoid. Coaches and athletic departments have zero control over the actions of fans on social media. It's impossible to police and therefore impossible to punish. Stop being retarded. The kids love the attention and there's absolutely nothing the NCAA or anybody can do about it.
    Why do you think every program in the country sends out literature to its "boosters" regarding acceptable behavior?

IT IS at the end of the day the responsibility of the University to educate and monitor the actions of its boosters ... I hate to break that to you ... but that's real.

Forever, everybody was saying that what was going on with respect to AAU hoops was impossible to police, etc. etc.

History is littered with people that thought that nothing was going to happen and then it did

I agree with you in the sense that there's nothing from the NCAA at this point that would suggest that they have any path to policing it. That doesn't mean that they never will ...

All I'm advocating is that people be smart about what they are doing ... don't just act like it's the Wild Wild West
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Where there's smoke...there's fire. I think Roof might be losing her shit because this was something told to her in confidence by a valuable source for her and it leaking out could cause that source to dry up so now she's trying to back pedal the fuck up.

Lol at anybody who thinks fans shouldn't tweet at recruits or possible transfer candidates. Everybody is doing it and it's a free fucking country. The NCAA has no power in college football much less the real world where people not employed by these programs can do whatever the fuck they want on social media and it can't be stopped.

You may not like hearing this, but the reality is that even though the NCAA as a whole is relatively neutered at this point, there are fine lines between acting as a fan and crossing over and acting as a representative of the University.

Being positive about the school that you support, etc. makes a ton of sense. Let the kids drive their social media interests. Being all over HS kids to me is crossing the line a bit.

But when you start going down the path of actively and directly contacting kids while putting messages, etc. together are crossing a line that IMO you shouldn't be crossing.

LEAVE LOSER!

1) Just because the NCAA hasn't done anything about it yet doesn't mean that they won't

2) Just because laws in place aren't actively enforced doesn't mean that you should actively not care about breaking those laws

3) You have no idea whether this is actively helping recruiting or not and if it is to what degree it is ... your mindset is simply that because recruiting is going well and that the social media work is taking place, that there's a direct relationship. While not saying it's not helping in some manner, I guarantee that you're overinflating how much of a factor that it is.

Again, I've got no issue with being supporting and people showing that they care. That's awesome. But don't directly recruit ... that's just playing with fire IMO. Many of you were the ones that just months ago were actively going down the path of some dark areas that were far from accurate while also saying that recruiting was in the dumpster fire.

Rule #1 to anything should be "don't do something FS to the point that it hurts UW" ... PERIOD
    You sound old and gay

Also sound like somebody that wasn't around in the early 90s when the PAC knocked UW down when they were good through any avenue possible ... simple solution is don't give them a reason to do so
    They would literally have to punish every program in the country you moron. Jesus you're paranoid. Coaches and athletic departments have zero control over the actions of fans on social media. It's impossible to police and therefore impossible to punish. Stop being retarded. The kids love the attention and there's absolutely nothing the NCAA or anybody can do about it.
    Why do you think every program in the country sends out literature to its "boosters" regarding acceptable behavior?

IT IS at the end of the day the responsibility of the University to educate and monitor the actions of its boosters ... I hate to break that to you ... but that's real.

Forever, everybody was saying that what was going on with respect to AAU hoops was impossible to police, etc. etc.

History is littered with people that thought that nothing was going to happen and then it did

I agree with you in the sense that there's nothing from the NCAA at this point that would suggest that they have any path to policing it. That doesn't mean that they never will ...

All I'm advocating is that people be smart about what they are doing ... don't just act like it's the Wild Wild West
    https://youtu.be/GF8aaTu2kg0
  • Options
    Sources said:

If you can't see that the school sends that stuff out for plausible deniability, even @GrandpaSankey can't help you

There's no question it's a CYA type of behavior from the University's

But on the other hand, there's also actions to what they do in response where the people doing this lose big time (i.e. disassociated from the University) and whatnot ...

Perhaps if you don't feel like you have anything to lose then that's great ...

For others, perhaps it's not worth losing
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Tequilla said:

Sources said:

If you can't see that the school sends that stuff out for plausible deniability, even @GrandpaSankey can't help you

But on the other hand, there's also actions to what they do in response where the people doing this lose big time (i.e. disassociated from the University) and whatnot ...

Shut the fuck up retard!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LEAVE LOSER!

You sound old and gay

https://youtu.be/GF8aaTu2kg0
    There may be no irony left in the universe after this poast. But, carry on.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Don’t kill SAC’s vibe!
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Vol boreds are mostly in denial at this point. A few who see the writing on the wall but a bunch of “I’m sure he’s just missing home. Just wait until school starts and he’s busy, everything is fine.

Uhhh hate to break it to you dipshit Vol fans but you don’t violently like a bunch of tweets from the school you almost committed too if it doesn’t mean anything.

I laffed so hard at “violently like a bunch of tweets” HOLY FUCK @CuntWaffle THAT WAS GREAT!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Sources said:

Shut the fuck up retard!
    Ohh the irony
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LEAVE LOSER!

You sound old and gay

My family and I have been season ticket holders since 1988. Not once have I ever received any literature regarding social media ethics toward recruits/players.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Was UT in his twitter bio, which has now been removed? @backthepack ??
  • Options
    Beno4Life said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LEAVE LOSER!

You sound old and gay

My family and I have been season ticket holders since 1988. Not once have I ever received any literature regarding social media ethics toward recruits/players.
    Regarding social media, I don't believe I've seen that either.

Regarding being a booster and contact I have seen in the past.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    GOAT said:

This is all a front by Henry’s Dad to secure another bag from UT boosters

Uh, programs that pay are smarter than that. Especially in these portal days. Once a kid signs the payments are installment based not full bagged upfront. As long as the kid stays they cut them a monthly. Even cheaters aren't dumb enough to throw full bags at 18 year olds and their creepy parents.