Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry To'oto'o, 4* 2019 LB, Concord (De La Salle), CA (Offered 2/23/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

This is fucking BULLSHIT!! WHAT THE FUUUUCK! I thought it was Bama versus UW! Then UW surged late and got a silent commitment from him. Nope, fuck us here comes Tennessee all the way from third place with tens of thousands of dollars of cash money and they bitch slap little pussy ass Washington and steal him! I'm so fucking sick of this shit every fucking year! Half of the top recruits are being bought and paid for and the NCAA does nothing. All that fucking money the NCAA makes and they don't have dozens of private investigators around the country constantly seeking information on possible recruiting violations? What the fuck do they even do besides exploit young athletes?

Now $EC bagmen smell blood in the water for West coast recruits. If shit ass Tennessee can beat UW for To'oto'o, damn near anybody can for the right price. On top of that it looks like Oregon and ASU are now paying for recruits as well. Fuck this! I'm sick of the nice guys finishing last. We look like some bitches who can easily be taken advantage of. We could do everything right and get an elite difference maker's commitment, but if his parents want money we have no fucking chance and get bitch slapped. It's always "after further council from my parents I changed my mind" or "I have to do what's best for my family". Fuck you and your fucking parents.

But we do it the right way.
    And we lose doing it the right way. How about when a kid commits to you during an in-home visit you look both him and his fucking parents in the eyes and half-jokingly, half-serious say "are you sure? So if any school offers you or your parents money to sign with them you will still turn them down and sign with us?" Just so they know you're not some fucking idiot who doesn't know what goes on in recruiting and maybe that will deter them from taking the money. It's easy to take money and screw over the coach you committed to when you feel like it's a secret. It's harder when you explicitly tell him to his face and give him your word that you won't take the money if offered and won't flip for any other reason. And if that doesn't work, I'm fine with UW boosters paying for a kid here and there but only as a defense mechanism against others who go that route with our top targets late in the process. If a kid is already committed to UW but then his parents need money for him to stay committed, then just fucking pay them. I don't give a fuck. Doesn't make the kid a bad kid. It's almost always the parents who are looking for a handout and the kid has no control over that. Why should we get cheated out of elite OKG's because of their parents and other school's bag men?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

free pub alert

Ducks Fans trying to make UW look bad
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    UT blows...I'll be more pissed off if/when Puka pukes out on us...we have 5 LB recruits already. I think he's got a 50/50 chance of being an average SEC linebacker or getting to UT and flaming out because he is pissed off that he's in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, his dad forced him to go where he didn't really want to go, and the coach keeps screaming and kicking whiteboards on the sidelines.

Think there is a good chance he'll be transferring back to Cal, UA, or ASU in 2 years...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Swaye said:

free pub alert

They are literally the worst fan base on the planet. Just this past season they were throwing shit at Stanford players and cussing at them as they walked off the field in Autzen. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Tennessee has zero competitive advantage over us when it came to Henry. So if you think about it it makes sense why we lost.

GOAT
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,127
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

UT blows...I'll be more pissed off if/when Puka pukes out on us...we have 5 LB recruits already. I think he's got a 50/50 chance of being an average SEC linebacker or getting to UT and flaming out because he is pissed off that he's in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, his dad forced him to go where he didn't really want to go, and the coach keeps screaming and kicking whiteboards on the sidelines.

Think there is a good chance he'll be transferring back to Cal, UA, or ASU in 2 years...

Too bad Petersen doesn't do transfers. Gonna be a big market soon for West coast kids who are forced to go to an SEC school by their parents for money and then decide to transfer closer to home when it doesn't work out.
    U rite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f7fbT3ldL8
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Too bad Petersen doesn't do transfers. Gonna be a big market soon for West coast kids who are forced to go to an SEC school by their parents for money and then decide to transfer closer to home when it doesn't work out.
    And the money is non refundable

Sign in December, take the cash, enter the portal for February

We should be helping these kids make smart decisions like that
    And they’re gunna redshirt anyways!
  • Options

And the money is non refundable

Sign in December, take the cash, enter the portal for February

We should be helping these kids make smart decisions like that
    Hell of an idea! That would be the best business decision. Take the money from Tennessee and then transfer to UW immediately to get better development, a better degree, and play for a winning program. Basically, he would just be getting paid to redshirt at UW.
  • Options
    Okay, I've calmed down now. We probably don't need to pay for kids to win a national title. But nobody likes getting bent over and fucked by cheaters at the last minute when you don't cheat. It's fucking infuriating. However, there are enough elite OKG's out there who's families aren't looking for a hand out for UW to get and win with especially with these loaded in-state classes coming up. We'll be fine. We'll get there. Just gonna take longer being the nice guys. But still...fuck us and fuck this elite Poly linebacker's dad...again.