Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Episode #47: The Barber >>>>

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We need more of this. This is the barbershop equivalent of the Hawaiian shirt

This was Pete's most liked tweet ever, btw.
    He hated that tweet too
    Wonder if he likes signing Kaho, Taki and Tuli... hmm...
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,335
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

PS solid pod, always appreciate a fired up Coker wanting to fuck an entire conference in its ass. can wilber not make a 4-some? I appreciate his warm I-10 dialect

As crazy as this may sound, doing a pod from time to time (i.e. on a quarterly basis) is way more consistent with my interest level at this point. I look at the time period of starting the pod and all of the work from everybody getting it to where it was very fondly. There are definitely takeaways that I have from doing the pod that I leverage professionally. And lastly, it was a ton of fun doing this pod. I thought that we hit some really great topics and the discussion really was 3 guys sitting in a bar for a couple of hours.

I find the commentary that the pod isn’t the same without the negativity and wanting to blow everything up and amusing. How many of the games in 2017 really required analysis? Pepsi and Dennis have TBS on lockdown and honestly that’s 81% of the future of our program at this point. If I see something going crazy on the other 19% good chance that you will hear from me. Otherwise, my role is now way more tied to big picture like this pod (the State of the Union of the program) and perhaps a guest appearance here or there.
    Thanks. I’m getting misty.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

PS solid pod, always appreciate a fired up Coker wanting to fuck an entire conference in its ass. can wilber not make a 4-some? I appreciate his warm I-10 dialect

As crazy as this may sound, doing a pod from time to time (i.e. on a quarterly basis) is way more consistent with my interest level at this point. I look at the time period of starting the pod and all of the work from everybody getting it to where it was very fondly. There are definitely takeaways that I have from doing the pod that I leverage professionally. And lastly, it was a ton of fun doing this pod. I thought that we hit some really great topics and the discussion really was 3 guys sitting in a bar for a couple of hours.

I find the commentary that the pod isn’t the same without the negativity and wanting to blow everything up and amusing. How many of the games in 2017 really required analysis? Pepsi and Dennis have TBS on lockdown and honestly that’s 81% of the future of our program at this point. If I see something going crazy on the other 19% good chance that you will hear from me. Otherwise, my role is now way more tied to big picture like this pod (the State of the Union of the program) and perhaps a guest appearance here or there.
    This is the water and this is the well. Drink full and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes and the dark within.

Gotta light?
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Agreed. Love me some @WilburHooksHands
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Also u guys are kind of boring when ur happy try to find something to be mad about every episode please

Need to amend this criticism I just remembered that the best podcasts were the ones where you guys spent the episode making fun of Herm and Leach. The episode where the creepy-voice gay pedophile guy relentlessly cackled with the sound and fury of a lifetime of deep-throated dicks and chainsmoking turned me into a dedicated fan.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Fuck Wilbur
    Wilbur can suck a severed blended fucking dick through a straw out of a hurricane glass.
    That’s what he’d call a slow Friday night
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Fuck Wilbur
    Wilbur can suck a severed blended fucking dick through a straw out of a hurricane glass.
    Thats Thursday.
  • Options
    SilkyJohnstonSilkyJohnston Member Posts: 67
    I really enjoyed this each of the 4 times I've listened. Granted, I blacked out from the pimp juice about 15 minutes in the first 3 times, but still.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Fuck Wilbur
    Yall can both suck my dick from the back
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Fuck Wilbur
    Thats Thirsty Thursday.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362

Fucking finally why does it take you idiots so long to make these. Where is the Eason high school recruiting story? Anyway you guys are absolutely right about the key to the future. "Fast-strategy" little boys. I love this euphemism.

Urban Meyer has mastered this aspect of recruiting and Peterman needs to study what he does. He actually convinces fast-track kids that his program will set them up in something other than football if they don't make it (Crucial note, this is AFTER selling them on the idea that he has the best program for getting into the NFL).
    Look at his 4 minute sales pitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRxWR-uvLXA
    This is absolutely targeted at fast-strategy kids that can't even imagine white collar world who will appreciate the idea of having their hands held in that sphere. A lot of these people have no chance in the corporate world and would hate it anyway, but this is an incredibly powerful pitch to a 16 year old and his grandma. Nothing sells better than hope.

Martyring yourself to hard work is only appealing to boring white faggots and overparented asians. The program itself doesn't need to change at all but the sales pitch to "fast-track" fellas certainly does. Luckily, Pete already has an incredible track record of developing NFL talent that he needs to start emphasizing much much more. Selling instant fame or instant money or instant national championships is not in the cards. Selling hope will have to do, and Peterman's NFL track record plus connections in Seattle is a very convincing pitch. Pete has already worked miracles by picking OKG's, but if he wants a national title he must figure out how to manufacture them.

What’s stupid is UW could make a better pitch than that right now, I’ve never come across the Ohio state network, Seattle has 10x the sexy industry in its backyard, and we probably could improve on that early 90s rock band sound track.

I think we just keep fucking winning, especially auburn since we are getting dangerously close to “never winning a big game”. Win big games, and win in a cool way (ie not your 13yo noodle arm sister outmotioning a defense) and the fast strategy kids start showing up, especially with the changes on the staff. Jonathan smith -> Bush, Coach K -> Lake, things can only speed up.
    This is exactly why I picked Urban. Make a lame 4 minute youtube video about a couple "fast-strategy" looking kids who got jobs at Microsoft or Amazon or any of those gay startup companies of faggot millenials burning through ponzi scheme venture capital money and you've got a sales pitch that demolishes the one that has given Ohio State top 5 classes every year since forever. Nearly all of the OSU kids are fast-strategy. Many from FL and TX. They tweet stuff like this:

And they are going to an ugly trashy boring freezing cold dying city in the middle of a dying midwest region full of almost nothing but fat ugly white people. Make it happen Pete.