Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Final Weekend Visitors

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Grandmama is coming on the visit with Martin. According to Eklund, she was not impressed with the Oregon visit. I'd say that bodes well for us since I believe the UW staff's pitch is essentially the exact opposite of what Oregon does.

As long as gradmama is slow strategy and is willing to put up with some shitty weather.
    Put Grandma in a nice area near the lake.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I was so worried when they followed the Nigerian kid from Gorman. I was like 'this kid fucking sucks!! No!! This can't be the Edge guy we will stoop for!!!' - walk-on makes so much more sense. Now I'm like 'oh, he's great! ...fowa' NTTAWWT

Ulofoshio is like a poor man's Abdul-Malik McClain in my book. As a walk-on, I really see some potential to contribute. Hopefully he's from a typical Nigerian family that's like 'wait - you're not going to fucking NAU over the Univ of Washington to play football?? Go to the better school!' - so I'm hopeful there.

Pliska is another kid I like in terms of his body and raw abilities, but he's really, really raw. However, if he were smart he would accept our PWO offer given that all we're going to have to do is have one injury and we'll be playing walk-ons thanks to our genius '2.33 per year' OL recruiting scheme.

Williams is - I mean, it's so hard to tell what's going to happen with kickers. He looks like shit in terms of his motion and all that, but he kicks the ball and they go in. Hopefully that will remain the case at UW. Fuck knows we need a good one.

Hines is another kid that, for a walk-on, I love. Dude hits like a mack truck. If he were 6'4 or something he would have a lot of decent offers. But he's 5'7 or some shit so he gets the Ram-Man award and a PWO opp. Oh well.

Pliska's going to UW. Michigan and Notre Dame came after him as a PWO but he told them to fuck off.
    That's awesome. Especially because he'll get good coaching and have a shot at playing. Plus in-state tuition.
    He loves Peterman.
    I’m just glad he will be able to give you inside info for the next 4/5 years you will then get to give us
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

As long as Martin and Tuli set foot on campus I will be feeling pretty good about this final weekend.

This is very confusing because our noble savage @Swaye actually flew planes in the Navy yet the noble savage in this gif is riding a rocket. Mindblown.
    Do you think they'd actually let the Savage inside the cockpit?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

dnc said:

As long as Martin and Tuli set foot on campus I will be feeling pretty good about this final weekend.

This is very confusing because our noble savage @Swaye actually flew planes in the Navy yet the noble savage in this gif is riding a rocket. Mindblown.
    Do you think they'd actually let the Savage inside the cockpit?
    Someone's gotta drop the fixed-wing sticky loads on disgusting foreigners tatted skanks
    I think I know that gif.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Williams is - I mean, it's so hard to tell what's going to happen with kickers. He looks like shit in terms of his motion and all that, but he kicks the ball and they go in. Hopefully that will remain the case at UW. Fuck knows we need a good one.

Williams’ form is that of someone who does both punting and field goals, not enough arm motion, slightly slow, etc. What I love about this kid as a walk on (definitely not a scholarship kicker) is that he can boot the ball on kick-offs, the ONE thing Vizcanio could do, and he went 73-73 on PATs this season. That’s a lot of fucking balls. I personally watched vizcuntio miss 3 this season(maybe more?!?!) so worst case, he can make those. Overall still think he could be a good pick up

• Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Saw a tweet just now by Martin that listed his location as Norwalk, CA. Which would seem to indicate he is not on Seattle on an OV.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

Saw a tweet just now by Martin that listed his location as Norwalk, CA. Which would seem to indicate he is not on Seattle on an OV.

Yep. Highly doubt he’s visiting.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AIRWOLF said:

Norwalk is about an hour out from where his basketball game/house was/is and is on the way to LAX (30 minute drive to LAX from Norwalk). LAX has an 11:45 flight to Seattle on Alaska, and I’m sure there are other airlines too.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,433
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

AIRWOLF said:

Norwalk is about an hour out from where his basketball game/house was/is and is on the way to LAX (30 minute drive to LAX from Norwalk). LAX has an 11:45 flight to Seattle on Alaska, and I’m sure there are other airlines too.
    With stalking skills like that, I'm glad I'm not a teen boi