Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rainier Beach / Garfield fallout poses threat to UW future

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,971
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DDY is right about this being a perception issue for Pete. The good news is it’s an easy fix for Pete to get out there in front of the coaches and explain his process.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,367
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wasn’t I forced to wade through this DavidDawg-like all-cap-fest right here in a gay thread yesterday? Front page?

Mods?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Meek said:

so those ceremonial non-committable offers really make bitchy little high school coaches happy?

Unfortunately they do, those offers are 100% grade A bullshit and the coaches know it, the ADs at the high school know it but the idiot parents, admin, and younger players don’t know it.

At the end of the year the coach gets to put how many different total scholarship offers his team had, total dollar worth of the scholarships and if he loses some games can still point to how many players are playing in college or received div 1 offers.

It’s fucked and meaningless and stupid but coaches and athletic directors use “I had 5 players with SEC offers” to protect themselves from parents and school admin that don’t understand what is actually going on.

Those positions are just as much political as they are competency driven, and a local school offering “your” players scholarships is just another round coaches use to promote and protect themselves.

Example; Under Sark or Ty they could say “I have 7-10 players with offers to UW” now they say they have 2-3... idiot parents and admin see the decrease and assume the coach must be doing something wrong.
    Precisely THIS.
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    UW is an elite offer. These schools rarely produce elite talent. This isn't front page news...
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Can Cohen clean house at farm teams too? She is batting a pretty high percentage right now.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2018
    Having scribed the above, I look forward to the curse word-filled screed DDY will retaliate with. DDY is always funniest when he's angry. And drunk.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dennis is a liberal who believes affirmative action is a good idea. Therefore UW needs to set aside schollies for try hard WA guys instead of go after and recruit the best player you can get.

Dennis likes to think that.

• Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I saw a white lady walking down the street in the snow carrying groceries. She dropped a watermelon, and tried to bend down to pick it up and fell on her ass. Clearly this was a metaphor for what is currently taking place, and Peterman should not worry about the watermelon, and just move on.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

This whole saga is some doogman shit. Get it off the front page. Everyone, myself included should have ignored this shit. It’s a hs coach making a dumb comment on Twitter. Even he said people we getting extreme with it. A 7 page thread and putting this on the front page makes this site look stupid.

Remember when we used to make fun of doogman and dawgpound? This is just as bad as the shit they have pulled.

Maybe there is some underlying bitterness towards UW, but it was to promote some players going to Eastern that certain high school coaches think are pretty good.

Coach should have picked up the phone and called Pete, respecting the player and kept it private. Instead, the Coach is living vicariously thru his player. If I’m Principal, I renew the One Year At Will Coaching Contract with a different warm body.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I saw a white lady walking down the street in the snow carrying groceries. She dropped a watermelon, and tried to bend down to pick it up and fell on her ass. Clearly this was a metaphor for what is currently taking place, and Peterman should not worry about the watermelon, and just move on.

Let's not be so hasty. Watermelon is goddamned delicious. Peterman should step and fetch it.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    salemcoog said:

Dennis is a liberal who believes affirmative action is a good idea. Therefore UW needs to set aside schollies for try hard WA guys, girls and Transgender, instead of go after and recruit the best player you can get.

Dennis likes to think that.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Meek said:

so those ceremonial non-committable offers really make bitchy little high school coaches happy?

Unfortunately they do, those offers are 100% grade A bullshit and the coaches know it, the ADs at the high school know it but the idiot parents, admin, and younger players don’t know it.

At the end of the year the coach gets to put how many different total scholarship offers his team had, total dollar worth of the scholarships and if he loses some games can still point to how many players are playing in college or received div 1 offers.

It’s fucked and meaningless and stupid but coaches and athletic directors use “I had 5 players with SEC offers” to protect themselves from parents and school admin that don’t understand what is actually going on.

Those positions are just as much political as they are competency driven, and a local school offering “your” players scholarships is just another round coaches use to promote and protect themselves.

Example; Under Sark or Ty they could say “I have 7-10 players with offers to UW” now they say they have 2-3... idiot parents and admin see the decrease and assume the coach must be doing something wrong.
    Maybe those guys should quit living a lie and trying to bullshit their way through everything. Fuck off to atlanta with sark if that doesn't work for you.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,589
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Holy fuck.

This shit was retarded on the recruiting board and it is even dumber here on the main board.

DDY doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about 81% of the time. Its been this way for a while and Im glad others besides old school half brains are noticing
  • Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

RB and Garfield? In football? Damn I’ve been away from Seattle for a long time. How about ingraham?

People forget that Jawann Oldhamm, carl Ervin and Eli carter committed to Seattle U from Cleveland HS. People forget that.

Wasn't Anthony Allen from Garfield?
    Bruce Harrell, too.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,883
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    After scanning Twatter, it appears one guy us going to EWU, and one is going to Simon Frasier. :lol:

There's a large contingent in these schools and neighborhoods who hate the world and blame anything and everything. "This wouldn't happen in Bothell!"

UW survived the Sark saga of bot getting along with Washington coaches in 2012 and 2013. It'll survive this.