Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Kim GrinoldsFS Quote From The Past

"You don't want big and strong OL's anymore. You want guys that can move."

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    in order to win 6-7 games against an ever softening schedule, that is.
  • What offseason did we whiff on OL recruits did he pull out that gem of a quote?

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    Come on guys, we need guys who can move so they can get to the edge against Idaho State, Georgia State, and Eastern Washington! Who cares if we go 4-5 or 5-4 in conference next year if we go 4-0 OOC and win 8 or 9 regular season games! SSWS and Woodtarded are dying to pull the wool over the eyes of their Doogs even more.

Ugh.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

What offseason did we whiff on OL recruits did he pull out that gem of a quote?

He said it during fall camp this year after a poster said our OL looked weak.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

What offseason did we whiff on OL recruits did he pull out that gem of a quote?

He said it during fall camp this year after a poster said our OL looked weak.

Still look weak.

The OP knew what he was looking after a decade plus of mediocre line play. Kimmy needs to put down the merlot that drinks like a cab.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    I remdmber that quote, it earned me the dreaded green stripe accross the forum screen, for the 100th time
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    after 5 years of Ivan why are our guys still tiny?
  • I remdmber that quote, it earned me the dreaded green stripe accross the forum screen, for the 100th time

Dismember?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

I remdmber that quote, it earned me the dreaded green stripe accross the forum screen, for the 100th time

What does the green stripe mean?

I get the pink one for read only timeouts so I can gain better perspective and such.
    Meek said:

after 5 years of Ivan why are our guys still tiny?

Our guys still look weak. Every year when we sign a flabby or undersized OL, doogs say, "Wait until this guy spends a couple years with Ivan. By his redshirt junior season, he will be a monster!"

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    dnc's "1 Mississippi pass protection" quote comes to mind here.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254

Another Kim quote after a poster said he was a trainer and got to see the players working out. He was appalled at how weak our OL was and said maybe one of them could bench 400 pounds.

"Bench press is not important."

Yeah, we got into it over that one.

He said offensive linemen didn't need to be able to bench press. Upper body strength means nothing as an offensive lineman.

Obviously.
  • I remember Sark's first year hearing about IVAN! and how he'll improve our OL's bodies vs the Ty years.

Well in year five I can't really fucking tell the difference between these OL's and Ty's OL's. In fact I'd say Ty's OL's were slightly better.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    PM: "I'm getting too many complaints on the free bored from Oregon fans saying that you're antagonizing them. Knock it off or you're out of here">

Another Kim quote after a poster said he was a trainer and got to see the players working out. He was appalled at how weak our OL was and said maybe one of them could bench 400 pounds.

Isaiah Thomas can bench 375. Then again, he probably works his ass off in the weight room or something.
    PurpleJ said:

Isaiah Thomas can bench 375. Then again, he probably works his ass off in the weight room or something.
    He does. I used to see him working out all the time. Kim would say it is because he has short arms.

PurpleJ said:

He does. I used to see him working out all the time. Kim would say it is because he has short arms.

"Can't expect 6'5" linemen to be able to bench that much. It doesn't help that our D has been recruiting longer athletes. Some of our receivers and tight ends are tall, as well.

Taller guys have to work a lot harder to get the bar up. The long arms have to extend further. Most of our guys are tall."

It would be really ironic if Kim actually did say that. Since he has short arms and all...