Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rose Bowl Superiority Guy

2»

Comments

• BleedinSonBadSonBleedinSonBadSon Member Posts: 3
    ‘93 and ‘01
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,399 Founders Club

whlinder said:

My Grandfather made it to the 1937 one against Pittsburgh.

Because he played for Pittsburgh.

I did the Peach last year and stupidly the 1999 Holiday Bowl but not the Rose the next year.

My dad was a manager on the Husky squad that played Pitt

I did the Peach and Fiesta in the new era

The Freedom in 89 was the only minor bowl I went to
    Where you played golf with Jimmy Rogers and heard him talk of Gilby taking over for Don James for which you thought BULLSHIT
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    Gilby was a truly great assistant. But not HC material
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,799 Swaye's Wigwam
    Why does everyone hate the 2010 Holliday Bowel when the mighty Lockners beat the Cornholers?
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club

My dad was a manager on the Husky squad that played Pitt

I did the Peach and Fiesta in the new era

The Freedom in 89 was the only minor bowl I went to

For non-Rose Bowls, I was also at the Freedom in '89 as well as the Holiday in '96.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

Went to only one - the last of the 3 in a row. Fucking Michigan. the early year games I did watch on TV. damn I be old too

Two words.

Tyrone
    Wheatley

That was a tough day. And the start of a massive decline only briefly interrupted by tui and rick’s 2001 Rose Bowl.
    That's great poont. Wheatley >>>> that dickhead db
    From Oregon
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    As far as shit tier bowls Iwent to the Vegas Sark implosion Bowl and the 9 wins Kraft Mac and cheese for Obesity Bowl
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    2001 game.

Best experience ever. Waiting for the next time.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I also went to the Freedom Bowel vs Florida (kicked some Emmit Smith butt that day) and the Sark Nebraska revenge bowel.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964

UW is going to be the consensus favorite to win the PAC-12 in 2018, and given that the conference’s overall weakness likely limits the possibility of playoff eligibility, the Huskies could play in the Rose Bowl for the first time since the 2001 season.

Representing the conference in the Rose Bowl is familiar territory for longtime Dawg fans, but it’s been a long time since the Huskies have been back. Mostly to rub salt in @YellowSnow’s gaping “I’ve never been to the Rose Bowl” wound, I wonder who is HH’s REAL Rose Bowl Superioity Guy in terms of games attended.

I’ve attended six Rose Bowls: UW 1991, 1992 and 2001 seasons. Given my home field advantage and USC graduate school, I also attended USC-Texas (2005 season), USC-Illinois (2007 season), and USC-Penn St. (2016 season).

UW has gone to seven Rose Bowls starting with the Don James era, so I assume some of you have gone to more total and way more UW Rose Bowls. True? Also, what Rose Bowl was the first that @RaceBannon attended? No way it was the 1959 or 1960 Huskies. Maybe the 1963 Rose Bowl team in the Jim Owens era? He may have been to 8 or more Rose Bowls total with UW playing.

Who is Rose Bowl Superiority Guy?

Race actually saw the Ducks win their first Rose Bowel. It was a ways back.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    Watch Charles White rip off a 70 + yarder in Husky Stadium and then pop off.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Rose 92, 93 and 01

Peach last year. Fiesta this year.

also, Holiday, 96, 99, 01 and 10.

and Heart of Dallas lol.

at least I wasn't in Honolulu (98) or El Paso (95)
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Minor Bowls?: 2 holidays (Texas and Nebraska), Vegas, and Cactus.

Btw, Is it just a coincidence or did @MikeDamone go away immediately after the cactus bowl disaster? Brutal game. It was freezing in Tempe. I came back to HH to hear from the greatest “I hate people” poster there ever was, and there was nothing.

I blame Miley Cylus miles, our 4 star qb from Colorado. You think Jake browning sucks?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Minor Bowls?: 2 holidays (Texas and Nebraska), Vegas, and Cactus.

Btw, Is it just a coincidence or did @MikeDamone go away immediately after the cactus bowl disaster? Brutal game. It was freezing in Tempe. I came back to HH to hear from the greatest “I hate people” poster there ever was, and there was nothing.

I blame Miley Cylus miles, our 4 star qb from Colorado. You think Jake browning sucks?

Miley cyrus > Jake browning
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

any uw fan who has been to more than 1 is old as fuck

True but still