Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trent McDuffie, 2019 4* DB, Bellflower (Bosco), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Oh, just the #1 rated CB in the West. No big deal.

Aren't Steele and Wright ranked slightly higher?
    ...but still.

Yeah, Chris Steele is probably a better prospect and is ranked higher. Wright and him are essentially at the same point.

I don't understand rankings for recruits, frankly. I think you can kind of separate them into tiers, but that's about it. Either way, McDuffie is not an ELITE player (there aren't any elite CBs on the WC this year), but he's damn good. Pretty impressive bit of recruiting by Jimmy Lake.
    Of our current/likely commits who is truly ELITE?
    IMO

Commits

Tuitele
    Bandes
    Spam

Likely

Heimuli

That’s it. Latu, Paama the rest of the DBs and all of the OL are a small step below. If we somehow get Ford he’s there.
    This. I want to see senior film on a couple of these guys. I think the guys we were in on who were truly, truly elite we lost all of them but Tuitele (Ngata, Charbonnet, McCoy).

I think Spam is close. I think Heimuli is.
    Who from the last 3 classes would you call truly, truly elite°?
    Bryon, Taylor, Tuli. Hunter. We don't really get many of these guys.

Our recruiting has a long ways to go. We are doing better than ever, but if we want to be a top 5 team our classes have to be consistently top 10.

Next year we have a real shot, but we will probably find a way to cock it up.
    Kelee would be the best recruit Pete's ever signed and he could be as low as the third best recruit in next year's class depending on where you rank Hatchett.

Smalls could be the best recruit UW's ever signed.

And 2021 could be as good or better at the top.

Or we could whiff on them all not named Huard.

#TimeToLevelUp
    Exactly. I think there are like 10 guys next year we are in on who are elite. But honestly, I don't have much hope.

QB: Bryce Young we are still recruiting, but we got blown out for him even though they will have a new coach and they have a new OC.
    RB: We didn't even make Kendall Milton's top 10; Bijan Robinson is elite and likes us, but I don't see any way we get him.
    WR: Johnny Wilson is elite. I don't think we will get him.
    OL: Hatchett is elite - Coker thinks he's going to Oklahoma. I think we have a good shot, but we shall see. Myles Murao is pretty fucking elite. Maybe?
    OLB: Smalls obviously, but I'm not optimistic. Pete Latu is elite, but I don't think he has the grades, sadly.
    LB: Justin Flowe - lol no. Botelho is up there.
    DB: Ringo, Ricks.

Out of all these guys I don't see any obvious wins. Murao is probably closest, but you always have to assume anyone good at MD is going to USC.

Smalls and Ringo are possible, but Ringo's mom is probably going to bone us. Smalls is a hard call. I still don't think we have the 'brand' that attracts these kinds of players. That's why we can't seem to get the Fozzies, etc.
    Are we at a spot where we have Top 3’s or so for each guy?
    Top 12s are the new top 8s which were the new top 5s which were the top
    I’m looking for the DDY top 3 we are competing with
    Of the top 100ish guys we've offered (that we actually have some shot at)

Young - We were top 3 with OU when he committed to SC
    Bijan - Too early
    Wilson - Too early
    Hatchett - Yes top 3, Ou & tOSU
    Murao - Top 3, probably going to USC
    Smalls - Top 3, Bama/whovever
    Flowe - Too early
    Bothelo - Top 3, but early, probably USC & Oregon
    Ringo - Top 3, tOSU & Texas
    Ricks - Too early, probably USC
    Ngata - Probably top 3, Clemson, maybe Michigan, I don't think we get him
    Gary Bryant - Top 3 for now
    Jalen McMillan - Probably top 5, Oregon, USC, etc.
    Lathan Ransom - Probably top 5, Stanford, ND, USC etc.
    Thank you for your service ...

The way I see things is actually not favorable for the PAC 12 as a whole but good for UW. If you are a West Coast kid that wants to stay on the West Coast, then the school to compete at the highest level with is going to be UW. Here's why:

Oregon: Herbert is a great QB (everybody says so - I don't agree but whatever). They were the proverbial Sark-ish 5-4 this year in conference and there's really nothing about what Cristoballz is doing to the program that is of substance ... it's all hype. And yes, I know that we lost to them this year but whatever. I really don't see them as anything more than a 6-3 or 7-2 at best team under the current regime (and I'm probably stretching it). They are going to be 8-4 at best next year.

Stanford has hit their ceiling under David Shaw. In the last 5 years in conference, Shaw's gone 5-4, 8-1, 6-3, 7-2, and 6-3. We'll really see what things look like next year as the odd years are the years where Stanford gets everybody at home. I don't really really feel like they are recruiting at the same level with really good evidence of that being how terrible their OL was this year. Their offense is completely dependent on throwing tall passes to tall WRs and TEs. Defensively they are ok but lack dynamic athletes in general. They are probably good enough to say in the 6 win range in conference but I don't think it's a given that they are able to win direct recruiting battles with UW (at least not to the level that they did 3-5 years ago).

UCLA is partly an issue for UW with Chip. You can tell that his team got better the 2nd half of the season and I expect that to continue into next year. Chip will be helped in recruiting and that's primary a concern to me defensively. Offensively, I'm not worried about the QB position (we're not recruiting the same players) and I'm not sure that the WR position is a massive issue either. RB could be a significant issue.

USC is just flat out laughable at this point. Let's see how they finish up this year and who they hire. Kingsbury is a dude bruh disaster but whatever. He's going spread and taking away the advantage that USC typically has. Yes, they will get WRs but we have the DBs so whatever. Spread teams typically are soft and that's SC's biggest issue. Their assistant hires so far are just flat out laughable. Go look up the Wikipedia page for Mike Jinks. It's fucking comical. The Kauha'aha'a hire at DL is probably a decent one but it's been a while since he has even sniffed the homes that he's going to be getting into but it's a direct response to getting some Poly competition for Malloe who has been owning their ass. The reality is that Helton's going to get fired after this year and the start of the year for SC is going to be downright brutal.
    HOW DARE YOU? u long winded fuck. Charles Clay Helton is the second best football coach at any level on the west coast and second only to Joye Thomas.
    Helton will be VERY LUCKY to see 2020 on the SC sideline ... the battle was won by having Helton on the sideline for 2019 ... there's still a lot of damage that he can do in the next 9-12 months.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

...but still.

Yeah, Chris Steele is probably a better prospect and is ranked higher. Wright and him are essentially at the same point.

I don't understand rankings for recruits, frankly. I think you can kind of separate them into tiers, but that's about it. Either way, McDuffie is not an ELITE player (there aren't any elite CBs on the WC this year), but he's damn good. Pretty impressive bit of recruiting by Jimmy Lake.
    IMO

Commits

Tuitele
    Bandes
    Spam

Likely

Heimuli

That’s it. Latu, Paama the rest of the DBs and all of the OL are a small step below. If we somehow get Ford he’s there.
    This. I want to see senior film on a couple of these guys. I think the guys we were in on who were truly, truly elite we lost all of them but Tuitele (Ngata, Charbonnet, McCoy).

Our recruiting has a long ways to go. We are doing better than ever, but if we want to be a top 5 team our classes have to be consistently top 10.

Kelee would be the best recruit Pete's ever signed and he could be as low as the third best recruit in next year's class depending on where you rank Hatchett.

#TimeToLevelUp
    Exactly. I think there are like 10 guys next year we are in on who are elite. But honestly, I don't have much hope.

QB: Bryce Young we are still recruiting, but we got blown out for him even though they will have a new coach and they have a new OC.
    RB: We didn't even make Kendall Milton's top 10; Bijan Robinson is elite and likes us, but I don't see any way we get him.
    OL: Hatchett is elite - Coker thinks he's going to Oklahoma. I think we have a good shot, but we shall see. Myles Murao is pretty fucking elite. Maybe?
    OLB: Smalls obviously, but I'm not optimistic. Pete Latu is elite, but I don't think he has the grades, sadly.

Out of all these guys I don't see any obvious wins. Murao is probably closest, but you always have to assume anyone good at MD is going to USC.

Smalls and Ringo are possible, but Ringo's mom is probably going to bone us. Smalls is a hard call. I still don't think we have the 'brand' that attracts these kinds of players. That's why we can't seem to get the Fozzies, etc.

Bijan - Too early
    Wilson - Too early
    Flowe - Too early
    Wilson has UW with usc, Oregon, northwestern, Fresno State.

Ringo has all but ruled out Ohio State after the urban Meyers escapades. And looks like Texas, Oregon, USC, UW

Ricks wants to get paid LSU, Ohio State, USC but ya know jimmy lake has a huge dick

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

Ringo - if Murphy gets drafted in Round 1 Peterman and Lake will have the inside track. Murphy is almost a program changer in that he went the surprise route, was super successful and is moving to the next level.

Momma will have to see this and understand that the development for Ringo will lead to NFL riches ... more likely than him going anywhere else that is currently in his heart/head. This is also why we need our NFL'ers to maintain a high profile and do well, it helps sell the "path to the NFL" narrative ...

Smalls? If UW keeps the trajectory I see him going purple. I think UW has been good enough and for long enough for it to get inside many of the local kid's heads/emotions, coffee cups notwithstanding. This goes for JT and the like. The only thing i'm worried about is the lack of direct UW connection to the NFL with his position ...

Just recently, with BBK getting all this recognition and accolades it can only bode well for UW for the likes of Heimuli, Botelho etc ... if an undersized white dude can develop and be a high profile positional piece of the UW defence then what can they do in replacing him? That's what i'd be selling to the croots. "hey, check it out ... we helped BBK reach his potential ... you can do the same and reach even greater heights ..."

As for croots like Wilson and other WRs I am not as confident because i'm still suffering from Browning PTSD ... and I think that croots will want to get a dose of Eason to really see into the future. If guys like N'Keal Harry can be a 1st rounder from ASU it undermines UW's recruiting effort in that area. Having S.Huard sign up so early can only help in generating excitement and interest for the future.

Dude you giving these kids too much credit. They are not that thoughtful at that age. It is an instant gratification generation. You need to find ways to stay relevant in their eyes.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

Ringo - if Murphy gets drafted in Round 1 Peterman and Lake will have the inside track. Murphy is almost a program changer in that he went the surprise route, was super successful and is moving to the next level.

Momma will have to see this and understand that the development for Ringo will lead to NFL riches ... more likely than him going anywhere else that is currently in his heart/head. This is also why we need our NFL'ers to maintain a high profile and do well, it helps sell the "path to the NFL" narrative ...

Smalls? If UW keeps the trajectory I see him going purple. I think UW has been good enough and for long enough for it to get inside many of the local kid's heads/emotions, coffee cups notwithstanding. This goes for JT and the like. The only thing i'm worried about is the lack of direct UW connection to the NFL with his position ...

Just recently, with BBK getting all this recognition and accolades it can only bode well for UW for the likes of Heimuli, Botelho etc ... if an undersized white dude can develop and be a high profile positional piece of the UW defence then what can they do in replacing him? That's what i'd be selling to the croots. "hey, check it out ... we helped BBK reach his potential ... you can do the same and reach even greater heights ..."

As for croots like Wilson and other WRs I am not as confident because i'm still suffering from Browning PTSD ... and I think that croots will want to get a dose of Eason to really see into the future. If guys like N'Keal Harry can be a 1st rounder from ASU it undermines UW's recruiting effort in that area. Having S.Huard sign up so early can only help in generating excitement and interest for the future.

If they are as good as they appear and coaching stays consistent, it doesn’t matter what connection UW has or doesn’t have
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Domicillo said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

...but still.

IMO

Commits

Tuitele
    Bandes
    Spam

Likely

Heimuli

#TimeToLevelUp

Bijan - Too early
    Wilson - Too early
    Flowe - Too early
    Thank you for your service ...

The way I see things is actually not favorable for the PAC 12 as a whole but good for UW. If you are a West Coast kid that wants to stay on the West Coast, then the school to compete at the highest level with is going to be UW. Here's why:

Oregon: Herbert is a great QB (everybody says so - I don't agree but whatever). They were the proverbial Sark-ish 5-4 this year in conference and there's really nothing about what Cristoballz is doing to the program that is of substance ... it's all hype. And yes, I know that we lost to them this year but whatever. I really don't see them as anything more than a 6-3 or 7-2 at best team under the current regime (and I'm probably stretching it). They are going to be 8-4 at best next year.

Stanford has hit their ceiling under David Shaw. In the last 5 years in conference, Shaw's gone 5-4, 8-1, 6-3, 7-2, and 6-3. We'll really see what things look like next year as the odd years are the years where Stanford gets everybody at home. I don't really really feel like they are recruiting at the same level with really good evidence of that being how terrible their OL was this year. Their offense is completely dependent on throwing tall passes to tall WRs and TEs. Defensively they are ok but lack dynamic athletes in general. They are probably good enough to say in the 6 win range in conference but I don't think it's a given that they are able to win direct recruiting battles with UW (at least not to the level that they did 3-5 years ago).

UCLA is partly an issue for UW with Chip. You can tell that his team got better the 2nd half of the season and I expect that to continue into next year. Chip will be helped in recruiting and that's primary a concern to me defensively. Offensively, I'm not worried about the QB position (we're not recruiting the same players) and I'm not sure that the WR position is a massive issue either. RB could be a significant issue.

USC is just flat out laughable at this point. Let's see how they finish up this year and who they hire. Kingsbury is a dude bruh disaster but whatever. He's going spread and taking away the advantage that USC typically has. Yes, they will get WRs but we have the DBs so whatever. Spread teams typically are soft and that's SC's biggest issue. Their assistant hires so far are just flat out laughable. Go look up the Wikipedia page for Mike Jinks. It's fucking comical. The Kauha'aha'a hire at DL is probably a decent one but it's been a while since he has even sniffed the homes that he's going to be getting into but it's a direct response to getting some Poly competition for Malloe who has been owning their ass. The reality is that Helton's going to get fired after this year and the start of the year for SC is going to be downright brutal.
    HOW DARE YOU? u long winded fuck. Charles Clay Helton is the second best football coach at any level on the west coast and second only to Joye Thomas.
    Helton will be VERY LUCKY to see 2020 on the SC sideline ... the battle was won by having Helton on the sideline for 2019 ... there's still a lot of damage that he can do in the next 9-12 months.
    Sanctions would be nice going away gift
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Dude you giving these kids too much credit. They are not that thoughtful at that age. It is an instant gratification generation. You need to find ways to stay relevant in their eyes.
    Can't you let a man doog in peace?

• Options
    Expect a woof soon he just committed, this according to @fudgepack don’t twist
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll be in the South Pacific sailing around the world. What time will that be for me? Is it on TV? HD?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'll be in the South Pacific sailing around the world. What time will that be for me? Is it on TV? HD?

O/U is 5 am.

No.
  • Options

O/U is 5 am Beijing time

No.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    According to the 247 class calculator, we will have 242.82 pts if McDuffie commits tonight which will move us up to #15.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Season/2019-Football/Commits/Preview/

If we add Patterson and Latu this weekend, we'll be up to 250.38 which will put us at #13 if other schools don't add any commits.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

According to the 247 class calculator, we will have 242.82 pts if McDuffie commits tonight which will move us up to #15.

If we add Patterson and Latu this weekend, we'll be up to 250.38 which will put us at #13 if other schools don't add any commits.

Patterson is committing in February and won’t even give us the last visit as he has locked in a visit to Air Force in January. Paopao gotta go dawg.
    That's probably what we want. Gotta figure out if we have room for him.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Patterson is committing in February and won’t even give us the last visit as he has locked in a visit to Air Force in January. Paopao gotta go dawg.
    That's probably what we want. Gotta figure out if we have room for him.
    Holy shit, I agree!
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Lol there's no way we accept his commitment in february. Fire paopao and take an extra one next year