Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Enokk "Inoke" Vimahi, 2019 4* OL, Kahuku (Kahuku), HI (OFFERED 1/22/18)

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018

- Announcing his top 8 friends tomorrow to celebrate 'Merica
    - Michigan, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and UW will get Officials
    - USC and UCLA will be top teams as well but didn't mention them in Officials
    - Teammate Miki Ah You is hounding him to become a dawg (and of course Kalepo)
    - Plans on committing at All-American Bowel or Poly Bowel (2nd would put him with all the UW commits)

For those wondering about the LDS thing, he will be going to school for a year and then going on his two year mission.

Those guys are one of my favorite YouTube channels
    Late comer to it, 10/10
    Who are they? I thought I would ask before typing "black guys and Metallica" into the search.
    Lost in Vegas, couple of guys that listen to music they haven't heard and react to it. Really good stuff
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJPOmOZzDxZZxPWFgeE50hQ
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited July 2018

Looks like we'll have a few prospects at this AA game. If I was in charge of the UW marketing department there are a few angles to spin here. We? are the only major Adidas school on the west coast, right?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

Looks like we'll have a few prospects at this AA game. If I was in charge of the UW marketing department there are a few angles to spin here. We? are the only major Adidas school on the west coast, right?
    It’s orobably a bit of a tricky situation since we?re still under contract with Nike and still wearing Nike. My guess is the coaches promote the three strip life hard directly to these recruits, but I doubt they do much publicly until we’re out from the Nike deal.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

It’s orobably a bit of a tricky situation since we?re still under contract with Nike and still wearing Nike. My guess is the coaches promote the three strip life hard directly to these recruits, but I doubt they do much publicly until we’re out from the Nike deal.
    Good catch. Probably can’t really do anything until 2019.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dawgs206 said:

Looks like we'll have a few prospects at this AA game. If I was in charge of the UW marketing department there are a few angles to spin here. We? are the only major Adidas school in the west coast, right?
    I realize you said "major" but ASU is Adidas too.
  • justthrowitinthebagjustthrowitinthebag Member Posts: 150
    TheDozer said:

dawgs206 said:

Looks like we'll have a few prospects at this AA game. If I was in charge of the UW marketing department there are a few angles to spin here. We? are the only major Adidas school in the west coast, right?
    I realize you said "major" but UCLA is Adidas too.
    UCLA is Under Armour now
    Good point my bad
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Miki Ah You is apparently all over Vimahi trying to get him to join up (they're teammates). Buelow seems like a lock, then landing Vimahi or Fautanu would shore up a killer OL class.

Or if Vimahi plans on doing his mission, whynotboth.gif

Why not both anyway?
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’ll take the all poly trenches any day of the week.
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

We are going to be the Polynesian bowl team eventually. Nothing wrong with that if you can't recruit black people.

We're 1 more poly-heavy recruiting class away from being included in the DOJ lawsuit against Harvard for race-based discriminations in admissions
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018

We are going to be the Polynesian bowl team eventually. Nothing wrong with that if you can't recruit black people.

There are very few elite black players and black lineman out West compared to the South. This class alone has zero black offensive lineman out West and only two black defensive lineman (Wright and Jackson). In the West, white women feel free to chase the BBC they crave and have mixed children with black men whereas in the South they have to worry about their racist family and friends disowning them if they were to do so. That's why there are so many mixed kids in the West these days and why UW is rarely able to sign kids with two black parents. There just aren't as many dark skins out West as there used to be. Plus, there's just more black people in the South overall which equates to more black football talent down there.

We need the Polys to compete on a national level.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There are very few elite black players and black lineman out West compared to the South. This class alone has zero black offensive lineman out West and only two black defensive lineman (Wright and Jackson). In the West, white women feel free to chase the BBC they crave and have mixed children with black men whereas in the South they have to worry about their racist family and friends disowning them if they were to do so. That's why there are so many mixed kids in the West these days and why UW is rarely able to sign kids with two black parents. There just aren't as many dark skins out West as there used to be. Plus, there's just more black people in the South overall which equates to more black football talent down there.

We need the Polys to compete on a national level.
    NTTAWWT Ruthanna!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Miki Ah You is apparently all over Vimahi trying to get him to join up (they're teammates). Buelow seems like a lock, then landing Vimahi or Fautanu would shore up a killer OL class.

If we have any shot at Ryhan, then fuck Buelow. I just can't get behind guys that throw 6 picks or give up multiple sacks on high school games.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If we have any shot at Ryhan
    (We don't)

I'm also a little concerned about Buelow, he's worth taking for his ceiling but he's got a long ways to go. Getting someone like Fautanu for insurance is really important for this class IMO. Only taking 3 (with one being a JUCO) would be pretty stupid.