Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Daniel Heimuli, 5* 2019 LB, Menlo Park (Menlo-Atherton), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

He’s bigger and just as explosive as Kaho.

Agree.

I'd like em both, but if I had to pick one it would be Heimuli.

Anyone think the numbers the coaches are working with this year are less than our assumptions? It seems weird that we are steering several good WR's and LB's away like this - assuming it's true we are steering some away.
    Too of my head we’re at 13 right now.

Add 2 OL, 2 DT, 1 Buck, 1 DB, 1 LB and that gets us to 20. I think this is something like what we’re shooting for. 1 TE makes 21 if we take one.
    I guess that explains it. If you only have 6-8 spots left in mid-July, I guess it's time for the nut cutting. And if you have 1 LB spot left, and you feel really good about Heimuli, then you hold out. Sometimes that doesn't work out for you - see Delgado and Ngata. I just hope we? close strong. Class is good so far, but not great. They need to bring the lumber to close a great class - just like last year.
    I mean there's also the possibility that plan B is flipping some kids instead of reaching all that far down the board for someone uncommitted. I know it's more difficult with the early signing period to flip a large amount of recruits but it's feasible with a few. We did it with Tuli last year and already with C-Willy. If you are down to 6-8 spots you swing for the fences on your plan A guys, land a few of them, and then with the majority of your guys locked up in December go for broke trying to flip or win the last couple of battles for those last 3-4 spots.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2018

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Anyone think the numbers the coaches are working with this year are less than our assumptions? It seems weird that we are steering several good WR's and LB's away like this - assuming it's true we are steering some away.

Add 2 OL, 2 DT, 1 Buck, 1 DB, 1 LB and that gets us to 20. I think this is something like what we’re shooting for. 1 TE makes 21 if we take one.
    I guess that explains it. If you only have 6-8 spots left in mid-July, I guess it's time for the nut cutting. And if you have 1 LB spot left, and you feel really good about Heimuli, then you hold out. Sometimes that doesn't work out for you - see Delgado and Ngata. I just hope we? close strong. Class is good so far, but not great. They need to bring the lumber to close a great class - just like last year.
    I mean there's also the possibility that plan B is flipping some kids instead of reaching all that far down the board for someone uncommitted. I know it's more difficult with the early signing period to flip a large amount of recruits but it's feasible with a few. We did it with Tuli last year and already with C-Willy. If you are down to 6-8 spots you swing for the fences on your plan A guys, land a few of them, and then with the majority of your guys locked up in December go for broke trying to flip or win the last couple of battles for those last 3-4 spots.
    I'd be elated if we could just get a couple these leans in the boat - like Buelow, Wright Bandes? and Heimuli (hoping he's a lean), and then just as you suggest swing for the fences late for the last 3 or 4.

edit: Besides Buelow who the fuck are we leading for???
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    What the fuck is with these new “official” offers?
  • Options
    SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

What the fuck is with these new “official” offers?

I can't find a direct link, but my understanding is that official written scholarship offers are not permitted until August 1 before the recruit's senior year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

I'd be elated if we could just get a couple these leans in the boat - like Buelow, Wright Bandes? and Heimuli (hoping he's a lean), and then just as you suggest swing for the fences late for the last 3 or 4.

edit: Besides Buelow who the fuck are we leading for???
    Buelow we lead for almost for sure. Bandes and Heimuli, likely.

Rumored to be in as good of shape as anyone on Wright and Tuitele (obviously we can't take all three including Bandes), Trice and Fautanu.

Then you have guys like McDuffie and Ika that we're in the hunt for but not necessarily at the top.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2018
    "You have earned the right to be called an OKG" Lmao this is why we get made fun of
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:
    I thought he committed

Trump loves me because I am poorly educated

Just what I am hearing
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

BREAKING G4TM EXCLUSIVE: Heilmuli has scheduled his OV to UW for Dec. 8th. You heard it here FIRST from your #1 most trusted Husky news source!

But where will he be Dec 15th?