Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tyler Hilinski, dead.

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,819
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Kreist, what a bunch of triggered pussies in this thread. T's & P's to his family. To the rest of you:

Fuck off.

That's some dark shit man. Not sure if I want to poast here anymore.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Someone I don't know has killed himself. Maybe as more details emerge there will be a joke in there somewhere.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

Doogs claiming he killed himself because he couldn't get into UW and had to settle for WSU in 3..2..1........ @haie

This is horrific. It's probable that pretty much everyone on this board has known someone/knew someone in this situation, or has been there themselves. These boards are for jokes, yes, but that's way too far. Legitimate suicide is not a joke. Making light of the situation to troll is stopping to an absurdly low level. Please refrain from this in the future. This is a story of a young man who was taken too early. Only thing that should be written is this.

Rest in Peace.
    Alternatively:

If you're going to troll on suicide, please be funny.

YKWYWF

*gurgle
    Darwin deaths are funny
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

Well I think it's a damn shame. If he was unhappy transfer to central like everybody else. Seriously a really sad thing to be that alone at that age and think there is no other way.

suicide is a better option.
    Suicide POTD. Think if you had never seen this bored before and this was the first poast you read. Think about that.

I love this place.
    Look at what Derek has created
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The faux outrage is cute, coming from a bunch of boners who tell everyone to kill themselves every single day.

That's not faux outrage. This is a legitimate real life issue and has affected me and many other people. Most of the shit on here is funny but making fun of someone who committed suicide is over the line for me. Too far.
    Was making fun of doogs, not him. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?
    You used him as your punchline. Take the loss, edit the comment, and move on. Don't make light of suicide in any way.
    Fuck off. The guy was a dickhead for doing that to his family. And I can say that, because I personally know someone who did that. It takes a selfish motherfucker to do that generally.
    You need to fuck off. Suicide is not a joke. I know people who have been in that situation. They're not selfish. Jackasses like you are the reason they go there. It's a dark place. You can call it selfish, but you have to understand that they feel that same burn. They're ashamed that that's the choice they feel they have to make. Quit talking like you've been there, done that. Have some fucking empathy. I have friends who have been there and they were the nicest, most selfless people you've ever met. You just don't get it. They feel there is no way out, and they aren't getting taught anything about it. It's hard to get help. People are ashamed. They're basically in a lose-lose situation. Go one way and it just makes it worse, go the other and the same thing happens. There's a reason suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among teens. Please quit being a dick and have some empathy. Please.
    In his dickish way, what I think OBK is trying to say is that suicide among the young is at epidemic proportions - and perhaps the way society currently views it and is combating it isn't working.

I am not quite as old as @RaceBannon but, in my youth, I honestly do not recall ANY young person taking their own life though I know it happened very rarely. Over the course of the last couple years, I can count multiple occurrences in which acquaintances were touched by suicide.

I can empathize with the mindset of the deceased - but can't condone the act or somehow hold up the victim as heroic. You said it yourself - "there's a reason suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among teens". Whatever that reason may be, 'talk to someone' or "call 1-800..." doesn't work and needs examination as to why this is now a somewhat accepted method of solving one's problems.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,298
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

Someone I don't know has killed himself. Maybe as more details emerge there will be a joke in there somewhere.

When did you get soft?

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/432648/#Comment_432648
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So, US suicides, peaked under Carter. Chinteresting.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    whlinder said:

AZDuck said:

When did you get soft?

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/432648/#Comment_432648
    Damn, you're right.

I think I've been numbed by the endoogening of the bored
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The faux outrage is cute, coming from a bunch of boners who tell everyone to kill themselves every single day.

That's not faux outrage. This is a legitimate real life issue and has affected me and many other people. Most of the shit on here is funny but making fun of someone who committed suicide is over the line for me. Too far.
    Was making fun of doogs, not him. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?
    You used him as your punchline. Take the loss, edit the comment, and move on. Don't make light of suicide in any way.
    Fuck off. The guy was a dickhead for doing that to his family. And I can say that, because I personally know someone who did that. It takes a selfish motherfucker to do that generally.
    You need to fuck off. Suicide is not a joke. I know people who have been in that situation. They're not selfish. Jackasses like you are the reason they go there. It's a dark place. You can call it selfish, but you have to understand that they feel that same burn. They're ashamed that that's the choice they feel they have to make. Quit talking like you've been there, done that. Have some fucking empathy. I have friends who have been there and they were the nicest, most selfless people you've ever met. You just don't get it. They feel there is no way out, and they aren't getting taught anything about it. It's hard to get help. People are ashamed. They're basically in a lose-lose situation. Go one way and it just makes it worse, go the other and the same thing happens. There's a reason suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among teens. Please quit being a dick and have some empathy. Please.
    In his dickish way, what I think OBK is trying to say is that suicide among the young is at epidemic proportions - and perhaps the way society currently views it and is combating it isn't working.

I am not quite as old as @RaceBannon but, in my youth, I honestly do not recall ANY young person taking their own life though I know it happened very rarely. Over the course of the last couple years, I can count multiple occurrences in which acquaintances were touched by suicide.

I can empathize with the mindset of the deceased - but can't condone the act or somehow hold up the victim as heroic. You said it yourself - "there's a reason suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among teens". Whatever that reason may be, 'talk to someone' or "call 1-800..." doesn't work and needs examination as to why this is now a somewhat accepted method of solving one's problems.

Despite your anecdotal evidence, suicide rates are down from last century.

Keeping depression in the closet didn't work.
    The anecdotal evidence makes sense. When the throbber was growing up we *knew* less people than people know now. We are connected to vastly more people than we used to be thanks to Gore and Zuckerberg. So of course we're going to know more people doing scary shit.

There have been multiple (gratefully) unsuccessful suicide attempts in my family. It sucks ass.

Ts and Ps to the Helsinkis.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Kids are softer now and the modern-age parenting style doesn't help at all.