Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Sounds good and I love me some Jimmy, but if he was calling plays in the Fiesta Bowel there might be a learning curve here...
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pete knew he has to give the reins over to Jimmy to keep him at UW. Now that he's calling the plays he's most certainly in line for a HC job down the road.
  • Options

Sounds good and I love me some Jimmy, but if he was calling plays in the Fiesta Bowel there might be a learning curve here...

If Miles Bryant weren't forced into depth then two of those touchdowns don't happen. I think the scheme was fine. This will help us in recruiting too.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Not sure how I feel about this one. I want to keep the Kwat.

That and I'll take the known commodity at DC.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Pretty clear Lake keeps raising the price tag for him to stick around. At some point he'll leave for a head coaching position.

What troubles me is that Kwiatkowski has been pretty stellar at managing the defense & making the calls.

Oh well, Pete surely knows what he's doing.
  • Options
    Passion said:

Pretty clear Lake keeps raising the price tag for him to stick around. At some point he'll leave for a head coaching position.

What troubles me is that Kwiatkowski has been pretty stellar at managing the defense & making the calls.

Oh well, Pete surely knows what he's doing.

Right. Kwat will still be helping out as co-DC. I wonder if he'll stay in the booth or if Jimmy will switch w/him.
  • Options

Since the Stanford game the defense never adjusted for the injuries. Just kept doing what wasn't working.

Could that have led to Jimmy taking more ownership of the play calling by the time the fiesta bowl came around...I think the PSU game is when Jimmy started calling plays..
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    not a fan of this at all. kwat is proven and amazing as dc caller.

good thing is maybe lake can help recruit olbs now? ;X
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Maybe Jimmy Lake has the balls to tell Peterman that his FS offense with Brownsox at the helm is killing the defense.

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    You guys are dumb. They'll probably both call plays. It'll be like Tedford and Smiff (ew but poont still stands). It keeps Lake around.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

You guys are dumb. They'll probably both call plays. It'll be like Tedford and Smiff (ew but poont still stands). It keeps Lake around.

My guess is that Kwiatkowski will jointly put together the game plan with Lake during the week ... Lake will largely call the plays with K in a position to be utilized as a resource.

Given the relative youth on the DL, this may also give K more time to help coach those guys up and build the next DL group.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sounds like the locker room is falling apart.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

My guess is that Kwiatkowski will jointly put together the game plan with Lake during the week ... Lake will largely call the plays with K in a position to be utilized as a resource.

Given the relative youth on the DL, this may also give K more time to help coach those guys up and build the next DL group.
    I wouldn't be surprised if in key situations K is calling the plays. I'm sure it'll be a thing where they bounce ideas off each other. Also, could be a case of K wanting to work with players more instead of just gameplanning.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is weird.

Case closed.