Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What make and model

13»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

I'm a 1911 guy. I have many that are custom built but I use the Kimber above because it has the bobtail or round butt. Keeps it from printing through your clothing so much better then the stock grip. S&W, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Wilson and others offer that feature. Highly recommended. And it works.

Not a Glock fan I've tried running them since they came out. I just can not shoot it as well as a 1911. They do not point naturally due to the grip angle. A grip reduction helps but it still doesn't work for me as well. Of course the trigger is nowhere near what a decent 1911's is. Good guns just not for me. I use them as travel guns who cares if someone steals your Glock or S&W Shield. They are not valued members of your family!

Same goes with DA/SA or DAO autos. Solutions to problems that don't exist.

Do you know what love is? "Sure I do, it's something that goes on between a man and a 45 that wont jam" Alan Ladd in Appointment with Danger.

Several years ago a cousin decided to get pregnant via turkey baster instead of dealing with a real-life idoit. So at the clinic she perused the info from the anonymous donors and chose #1911. She never understood why I suggested, strongly, that she name her son Colt.
    YBE @BearsWiin

Judges would have also excepted Browning Shorts.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

I'm a 1911 guy. I have many that are custom built but I use the Kimber above because it has the bobtail or round butt. Keeps it from printing through your clothing so much better then the stock grip. S&W, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Wilson and others offer that feature. Highly recommended. And it works.

Not a Glock fan I've tried running them since they came out. I just can not shoot it as well as a 1911. They do not point naturally due to the grip angle. A grip reduction helps but it still doesn't work for me as well. Of course the trigger is nowhere near what a decent 1911's is. Good guns just not for me. I use them as travel guns who cares if someone steals your Glock or S&W Shield. They are not valued members of your family!

Do you know what love is? "Sure I do, it's something that goes on between a man and a 45 that wont jam" Alan Ladd in Appointment with Danger.

Several years ago a cousin decided to get pregnant via turkey baster instead of dealing with a real-life idoit. So at the clinic she perused the info from the anonymous donors and chose #1911. She never understood why I suggested, strongly, that she name her son Colt.
    Colt the Cunt.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

Sledog said:

YBE @BearsWiin

Judges would have also excepted Browning Shorts.
    (John) Browning Shorts being a distant cousin of Brown Socks.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    I have a very particular set of skills. If you don't come into my house you will live. If you do come into my house I will find you. And kill you
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I was 6 when the County Sherriff told my Dad, “ If he comes back, just make sure you’re inside the house and he’s facing you when you shoot and make sure he’s dead because Dead Men Tell No Tales”
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    Winchester model 1897 pump action shotgun with 27" barrel.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,080 Standard Supporter
    Dude61 said:

Winchester model 1897 pump action shotgun with 27" barrel.

Old school. I cut mine and a model 12 down to 18". Handy travel gun since they're both takedowns.