Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What make and model

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

Traded the SIG P220 for a Mini-14, 25 years ago

I'd like to get a Ruger .357 revolver. Semi autos have too many parts and scare me.
    Open up a glock. There's not much going on.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

I'd like to get a Ruger .357 revolver. Semi autos have too many parts and scare me.
    SP101 is for you then
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,080 Standard Supporter
    Kimber Supper Carry Custom .45 ACP
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

Open up a glock. There's not much going on.
    I've shot them several times in various calibers. Great side arms. I'm just an old soul and like the simplicity of revolvers. Someday I'd like to get a cap and ball one to fuck around with.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Kimber Ultra Carry .45 until I lost it

Fixed
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

What I love about Hardcore Husky is that even the pussy libtards here like myself are gun owners.

You are the TUFF logger type pussy libtards though.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

I love me some Kimber. I own three. Each of them excellent pistols.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    dongman said:

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

SP101 is for you then
    SP101 is too light a frame for that kind of round. GP100 with a full underlug will keep recoil down, as long as your wrist is strong enough. That said, Jake Browning still sucks the SP101 is a fine frame for the .38 special

Prefer the revolver to a semi-auto. Glocks are too boxy in my hand (HK P7M8 feels awesome, but rare and expensive). SIG was sexy as hell, but it twisted weirdly in my hand. Mini-14 is more useful anyway.

Gun nuts and law enforcement I used to run with back in the day maintained that if you get in a situation that requires more than 6 shots, you're fucked. Somebody gives me 30 seconds in my own house, I'll get the Benelli anyway. I have guns for fun, not for protection. I understand fully that it's more dangerous for me any my family to have them around, than not to have them at all.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

dongman said:

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

SP101 is for you then
    SP101 is too light a frame for that kind of round. GP100 with a full underlug will keep recoil down, as long as your wrist is strong enough. That said, Jake Browning still sucks the SP101 is a fine frame for the .38 special

Prefer the revolver to a semi-auto. Glocks are too boxy in my hand (HK P7M8 feels awesome, but rare and expensive). SIG was sexy as hell, but it twisted weirdly in my hand. Mini-14 is more useful anyway.

Gun nuts and law enforcement I used to run with back in the day maintained that if you get in a situation that requires more than 6 shots, you're fucked. Somebody gives me 30 seconds in my own house, I'll get the Benelli anyway. I have guns for fun, not for protection. I understand fully that it's more dangerous for me any my family to have them around, than not to have them at all.
    My opinion of BearsWiin is now too high.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Sledog said:

I love me some Kimber. I own three. Each of them excellent pistols.
    Kimber is the best pistol I've ever shot.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    89ute said:

BearsWiin said:

dongman said:

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

SP101 is for you then

You can take the Bear out of the Central Valley, but you can't take the Central Valley out of the Bear.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    edited January 2018

89ute said:

BearsWiin said:

dongman said:

BearsWiin said:

Ruger GP100 .357

SP101 is for you then

You can take the Bear out of the Central Valley, but you can't take the Central Valley out of the Bear.
    While I bought my first gun in Modesto (an SKS, from a co-worker, one of the drop-forged versions, not the stamped shit that came after), and an FN SAFN later on, most of the guns I bought and the gun nuts I ran with were in LA. Bought my GP100 at The Firing Line in Van Nuys as one of the Nelson twins was buying something a little pricier next to me (his hair was nothing special). Construction foreman I used to work for had taken wood from Defending Your Life, and steel from Terminator 2, and made his own 3" cannon that he strapped onto his stakebed truck and used to fire broadsides in the high desert up beyond Bessemer Mine Road off the 247 (to my knowledge, he's still persona non grata in San Bernardino County). good times
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dflea said:

You lose.

FIFY

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Swaye said:

Kimber Ultra Carry .45

Jesus Callahan. What’s up with the Land Cannon?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    I’m a basic bitch. Benelli 12 Guage. It’s time for a handgun though as I’d never get to it in time if someone was already in the crib. Shot my buddies Rueger 9 a couple months ago and it is was slicker than grease. Prolly go for a used one as I’m very poor.
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Kimber Ultra Carry .45

Jesus Callahan. What’s up with the Land Cannon?
    They don't make a .46!
    I'm a 1911 guy. I have many that are custom built but I use the Kimber above because it has the bobtail or round butt. Keeps it from printing through your clothing so much better then the stock grip. S&W, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Wilson and others offer that feature. Highly recommended. And it works.

Not a Glock fan I've tried running them since they came out. I just can not shoot it as well as a 1911. They do not point naturally due to the grip angle. A grip reduction helps but it still doesn't work for me as well. Of course the trigger is nowhere near what a decent 1911's is. Good guns just not for me. I use them as travel guns who cares if someone steals your Glock or S&W Shield. They are not valued members of your family!

Same goes with DA/SA or DAO autos. Solutions to problems that don't exist.

Do you know what love is? "Sure I do, it's something that goes on between a man and a 45 that wont jam" Alan Ladd in Appointment with Danger.
    dflea said:

A pump shotgun makes a pretty good home defense tool because operating the action lets any intruder know they're about to fucking die, which should lead to them exiting the premises rather than sticking around for a confrontation. Plus I don't even need to look for my fucking glasses to operate or aim it. I have a Remington 870 - nothing special.

I also keep a revolver in the nightstand - it's a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag. It's a ridiculous cannon, and isn't a lot of fun to shoot, but it would make a messy end to anybody breaking into your house. Plus it makes my penis feel bigger.

Chinned for penis enlargement.

Just buy some good .44 specials from Buffalo Bore.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=86