Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What today's Stanford game showed me in regards to UW

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

They are just hoping Stanford loses at USC because their other conference game is hosting Cal. They also host Notre Dame but that doesn't affect Oregon.

Yep we're used to this by now. Waiting and hoping for the stars to align and other teams to lose the games they need to lose. This year was the year to do it. Respect enough in the polls to keep Oregon at 2 for most of the year. Oregon was simply driving too fast a car a little too recklessly and it ran into a train. I'm not holding my breath. I expect Stanford to host the PAC 12 title game again, and Ohio State vs Baylor to play in the national championship game. Yay. I'd rather get fucked by a yeti than watch that game.

You're overreacting a little bit to one loss. It's hard to go undefeated and win a championship. Stanford was better and deserved to win, but if Mariota hits Huff on the first series, and DAT doesn't fumble inside the five, the game could have been different. Tom Osbourne didn't win his first championship until late in his career. I'm sure there were some Nebraska fans like you crying about how his system doesn't work. If you have a system that is consistently getting you to BCS bowl games (and a championship game), the system works.Your system is not the problem. You got out toughed. Your DL got pushed around the entire game.

Nice logic putting Baylor is the championship game. Oregon's system doesn't work, but Baylor's does? Step away from the keyboard for a few day and talk a walk with your boyfriend to get some perspective.
    RoadDawg55 has reached Tequilla territory in this thread.
    Don't agree. I think it is stupid to blame the loss on your system and that Oregon is fucked forever. The system was not the problem. All of this talk about how Oregon has a great defense was false. UW, UCLA, and Stanford have shown you can run on them. They need to recruit and develop a better DL and LB's. For the past 5 years, Oregon has gone to BCS Bowls, and will go again this year. When you consistently put yourself in contention, eventually you should break through. This same system that Blitzkrieg is criticizing, is the same system that has been used during Oregon's greatest run they have ever had. They should maybe tweak their system, not overhaul it.

The question for me ...

Was it Chip Kelly, or is it the system.

When Tom Osborne left ... Nebraska football died.

And even under Chip the bigger, more physical schools beat Oregon.

I am agnostic to Oregon, they are a great program. But when they get punched in the face they cry.

I remember doogs saying all the luxury Knight was giving the team would make them soft ...

Maybe the doogs got one right?

All I know ... every time Oregon has played a more physical team they lose ...

I thought this year was different, I thought wrong.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

They are just hoping Stanford loses at USC because their other conference game is hosting Cal. They also host Notre Dame but that doesn't affect Oregon.

Yep we're used to this by now. Waiting and hoping for the stars to align and other teams to lose the games they need to lose. This year was the year to do it. Respect enough in the polls to keep Oregon at 2 for most of the year. Oregon was simply driving too fast a car a little too recklessly and it ran into a train. I'm not holding my breath. I expect Stanford to host the PAC 12 title game again, and Ohio State vs Baylor to play in the national championship game. Yay. I'd rather get fucked by a yeti than watch that game.

You're overreacting a little bit to one loss. It's hard to go undefeated and win a championship. Stanford was better and deserved to win, but if Mariota hits Huff on the first series, and DAT doesn't fumble inside the five, the game could have been different. Tom Osbourne didn't win his first championship until late in his career. I'm sure there were some Nebraska fans like you crying about how his system doesn't work. If you have a system that is consistently getting you to BCS bowl games (and a championship game), the system works.Your system is not the problem. You got out toughed. Your DL got pushed around the entire game.

Nice logic putting Baylor is the championship game. Oregon's system doesn't work, but Baylor's does? Step away from the keyboard for a few day and talk a walk with your boyfriend to get some perspective.
    Don't agree. I think it is stupid to blame the loss on your system and that Oregon is fucked forever. The system was not the problem. All of this talk about how Oregon has a great defense was false. UW, UCLA, and Stanford have shown you can run on them. They need to recruit and develop a better DL and LB's. For the past 5 years, Oregon has gone to BCS Bowls, and will go again this year. When you consistently put yourself in contention, eventually you should break through. This same system that Blitzkrieg is criticizing, is the same system that has been used during Oregon's greatest run they have ever had. They should maybe tweak their system, not overhaul it.

Make your point in less than a million words then pop off.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    topdawgnc said:

The question for me ...

I am agnostic to Oregon, they are a great program. But when they get punched in the face they cry.

I remember doogs saying all the luxury Knight was giving the team would make them soft ...

The questions about Chip are fair and we will know the answer in two or three years. Didn't you think Oregon was the best team in the country yesterday? A few of us told you that they still weren't even close to as good up front as Alabama and Florida State. I didn't expect them to lose to Stanford, but I knew and have known they aren't the same when you punch them in the mouth.

topdawgnc said:

The question for me ...

The questions about Chip are fair and we will know the answer in two or three years. Didn't you think Oregon was the best team in the country yesterday? A few of us told you that they still weren't even close to as good up front as Alabama and Florida State. I didn't expect them to lose to Stanford, but I knew and have known they aren't the same when you punch them in the mouth.

I did think they were the best team in the country.

To be honest, I am in fucking shock. My memory is not what it use to be, but I can't remember ever seeing a top ranked team fold to the level I saw last night.

There is getting your dick knocked in the dirt by the better team ... and then there is what I saw last night.

I also find it pathetic Oregon is saying Marriott was hurt ... and they gave it everything they had.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited November 2013
    I see Bama and Ohio State going only because I feel that with FSU's remaining schedule in the ACC, they will fall out of favor when the computers crunch the numbers. Plus Urban wants to run up the score for the rest of the season to show they could be worthy. Just my opinion.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    loadsock said:

I see Bama and Ohio State going only because I feel that with FSU's remaining schedule in the ACC, they will fall out of favor when the computers crunch the numbers. Plus Urban wants to run up the score for the rest of the season to show they could be worthy. Just my opinion.

Florida State is going to dominate Ohio State in the computers. No way Ohio State passes them if they both win out.
    loadsock said:

Computers don't take point spread into account.

tOSU's schedule is much weaker than FSU's.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    Yes, Stanford provides the obvious blueprint for winning. Let's assume that despite increased emphasis on OL recruiting and a new OL coach, it's still going to take 3-5 seasons before the OL is upper tier and dominate. What do we do in the interim? We can still play the hurry-up, but we need to be more strategic.

Here's where Sark sucks. While I like the pro-style offense in 2 minute drill hurry-up, that's not what UW is. It's tempo, tempo, tempo without a clear style. But when your OL sucks and you're going 3 and out and punting 8 times a game against a better opponent (see Oregon), slow the fucking pace down you dumbshit. Tempo-punt, tempo-punt, tempo-punt, ain't going to win you shit against anyone.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    AEB said:

Yes, Stanford provides the obvious blueprint for winning. Let's assume that despite increased emphasis on OL recruiting and a new OL coach, it's still going to take 3-5 seasons before the OL is upper tier and dominate. What do we do in the interim? We can still play the hurry-up, but we need to be more strategic.

Here's where Sark sucks. While I like the pro-style offense in 2 minute drill hurry-up, that's not what UW is. It's tempo, tempo, tempo without a clear style. But when your OL sucks and you're going 3 and out and punting 8 times a game against a better opponent (see Oregon), slow the fucking pace down you dumbshit. Tempo-punt, tempo-punt, tempo-punt, ain't going to win you shit against anyone.

That also closely describes the offense against Cal
  • Until UW hires a REAL head coach don't expect things to ever change.

We can hope Helfrich isn't the guy but neither was Bellotti and he was 9-4 against us.

As long as Sark is here always expect to be mediocrity.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

We can hope Helfrich isn't the guy but neither was Bellotti and he was 9-4 against us.

There is something to be said for mediocrity. You're never let down too bad, and you never jack off too much to impossible dreams.

• We can hope Helfrich isn't the guy but neither was Bellotti and he was 9-4 against us.

There is something to be said for mediocrity. You're never let down too bad, and you never jack off too much to impossible dreams.
    We lived it during the Lambo years. I won't even say Sark is good enough for mediocrity he is just average.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

We lived it during the Lambo years. I won't even say Sark is good enough for mediocrity he is just average.

- Yogi Bera

• Mediocrity is better than "average" IMO.

Lambright/Bellotti hell even Romar fall into the mediocre category.

Sark isn't there yet.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Best thread I've read here so far. It isn't over for Oregon. USC is a different team without Kitten. I wouldn't want to go to South Central right now and play them. USC has payback on their mind, and still has a shot in the South.

Remember when we played games in November that meant something?
  • Best thread I've read here so far. It isn't over for Oregon. USC is a different team without Kitten. I wouldn't want to go to South Central right now and play them. USC has payback on their mind, and still has a shot in the South.

Remember when we played games in November that meant something?

Even though Lambo always broke my heart at least his teams always had meaningful November games.

Sark teams are always out of it by mid October.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,825
    AEB said:

This. A lot.
  • There is nothing worse than accepted mediocrity. To me, there really is very little difference between going 5-7 and 7-6. In fact, I enjoyed watching the 2009 team more than the 2012 and 2013 teams.

It's why Doogs piss me off when they say we could start going 4-8 with a new coach. Well at least we fucking tried instead of sticking with mediocrity. And guess what, if we go 4-8 with a new coach, we can always fire him and hire another until we get the right guy.

I enjoyed 2009 more than this year because it was year one so there was some "hope" even though I didn't care for the hire. While now I know what Sark is.

Also on your new coach point Doogs always forget that fact. If we fire Sark and hire a lame coach there is no rule that you can't fucking fire his ass.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

Mediocrity is better than "average" IMO.

Lambright/Bellotti hell even Romar fall into the mediocre category.

Sark isn't there yet.

I get what your saying, but .....

lmgtfy.com/?q=mediocre+synonym