Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Comic writer thinks the Greatest Generation was nothing speshial

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,296
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited January 2018 in Tug Tavern
Not saying I agree with everything here, but it is chinteresting food for thought.

https://thenib.com/the-good-war

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    All self loathing Boomers think this is the case. They're generation was the first in the long line of worthless generations in this country who did the most damage.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Agree with that. It's funny how the fetishizing of the "greatest generation" by the fucking worthless Boomers has resulted in the feckless and mindless state of discourse we find our selves in now.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Rule One violations, mods?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

All self loathing Boomers think this is the case. They're generation was the first in the long line of worthless generations in this country who did the most damage.

I like to bash the boomers as much as the next guy here. But, the Greatest Generation doesn't get off scot free either I think. Vietnam, for example, was probably the most damaging policy course of action for our national unity post WWII and that one's on the Best and the Brightest of the Greatest Generation.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018
    Because the millennials have the attention span of a gnat, cartoons are a neato way of advancing the agenda without much meat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/22/opinion/the-eight-second-attention-span.html

And fuck the boomers. With a rusty cheese grater.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rule One violations, mods?

Huh? Please to be enlightening me.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,614
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Being a boomer I happen to think the greatest generation was just that.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

I like to bash the boomers as much as the next guy here. But, the Greatest Generation doesn't get off scot free either I think. Vietnam, for example, was probably the most damaging policy course of action for our national unity post WWII and that one's on the Best and the Brightest of the Greatest Generation.
    So you're saying they weren't perfect??? OF course they weren't. You can blame Truman for not listening to Pol Pot and you can blame Johnson for green lighting escalations. I'm pretty sure Kennedy never thought it would get close to the point that it did. And before it did,He probably would have pulled the plug early while there was some face to save. Who knows though.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Pol Pot?

You mean Ho Chi Minh, bro?
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

So you're saying they weren't perfect??? OF course they weren't. You can blame Truman for not listening to Pol Pot and you can blame Johnson for green lighting escalations. I'm pretty sure Kennedy never thought it would get close to the point that it did. And before it did,He probably would have pulled the plug early while there was some face to save. Who knows though.
  • Options

Because the millennials have the attention span of a gnat, cartoons are a neato way of advancing the agenda without much meat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/22/opinion/the-eight-second-attention-span.html

And fuck the boomers. With a rusty cheese grater.

Nowadays and truly more than ever, someone actually taking the time to listen to you and understand what you are saying, rather than just waiting for their turn to speak, is the greatest gift to be given. Albeit in dwindling supply.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Pol Pot?

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Cambodia, Vietnam, Kampuchea??? Tomato, Tumato.

But yes, Minh.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

Pol Pot?

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Cambodia, Vietnam, Kampuchea??? Tomato, Tumato.

But yes, Minh.
    Also if we are getting nitpicky, Truman was a doughboy, not Greatest Generation.

• Options
    Gwad said:

So funny that we as an affluent nation marginalize each other to escape confronting the simple fact that we have work to do on a personal level.

Kreist....

Grow the fuck up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,552
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're reading this

Thank a boomer

Faggots
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018

If you're reading this

Thank a boomer

Faggots

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,552
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To this day the 56 Chevy stands alone as the GOAT
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To this day the 56 Chevy stands alone as the GOAT

One of my two boomer daddies drove a '56 Chevy Nomad wagon in high school.