Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Leave!

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

I am a Californian and California is a sanctuary state. Trump bullshit does not apply here. HTH.

Not for long. California's pressing will be its undoing. Push it too far and you're going to have troops enforcing the law. Stupid faggots, you're also jeopardizing legal weed by drawing all this attention to yourselves over not deporting the foreign spics.
    I have to respond...

The government will NEVER send it troops to force any state to follow federal law period. That was made pretty well clear by our founding fathers. Now could the federal government withhold federal funds from sanctuary states? That will be up to the Supreme Court to decide.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

I am a Californian and California is a sanctuary state. Trump bullshit does not apply here. HTH.

Not for long. California's pressing will be its undoing. Push it too far and you're going to have troops enforcing the law. Stupid faggots, you're also jeopardizing legal weed by drawing all this attention to yourselves over not deporting the foreign spics.
    I have to respond...

The government will NEVER send it troops to force any state to follow federal law period. That was made pretty well clear by our founding fathers. Now could the federal government withhold federal funds from sanctuary states? That will be up to the Supreme Court to decide.
    lol,

Dwight D. Einsenhower and I shared a hearty laugh over this one. The confederate states and I had an even bigger laugh at your expense.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

But but but.... Half of the 200,000 are homeowners!!!!

I find this funny...

First, why were banks loaning houses to temporary status residents? Seems like a risk for if they have to leave, the bank is left holding the note.

Second, why are they buying homes to begin with? If I got granted temporary status in let's say Italy, the last thing I'm going to do is buy "real property" until know for sure i'm a permanent resident, or I'm extremely rich and it could be a vacation home (Which 99.9999% of these people wouldn't qualify as). That just isn't very smart.

Third, Hell yes they should still be paying taxes. While they are here, they benefit from public schools, law enforcement, parks, roads, etc. Paying taxes doesn't implant somebody here. It's an obligation that all people should pay if they receive benefit from it.
    Is anyone arguing they shouldn't pay taxes?
    They're arguing that since most are paying taxes, they should be able to stay.

I'm saying that paying taxes doesn't grant you permanent residency.
    I didn't know about this issue until today. But I kinda think that after 18 years of kicking the can by both parties. That yes, temporary is over and for the people who established families here, let them stay. That's the government's fault for letting them stay this long. We should fix it, not boot them.

But y'all should ignore basic human decency and side with Trump. Because he said so.
    People take advantage of basic human decency, which is why we have laws. Just because the previous three administration ignored the law and congress on both sides ignored it doesn't make it an obligation that the 4th in line also turns a blind eye.

If I don't pay taxes for 24 years, and the government doesn't act until year 25, does that mean the previous 24 years are forgiven?

The government sitting on their thumbs is no excuse for people to assume temporary means anything other than temporary. And yes there were ways over the last 15 years for many of the people to be granted citizenship, if they were willing to go through the hoops to get it done.
    Da fuq kind of example is that? They were here legally under the law and paid taxes. Your example is not obeying the law.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,564 Founders Club
    I'm hearing they have families to feed.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Do they have a CONTRACT?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Sledog said:

I think they're home countries is a fine place for them. Trim the list some more.

ESL?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter

Commie Kali dem post of the day!

Double the number of ICE agents disagrees!

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

First, why were banks loaning houses to temporary status residents? Seems like a risk for if they have to leave, the bank is left holding the note.

Second, why are they buying homes to begin with? If I got granted temporary status in let's say Italy, the last thing I'm going to do is buy "real property" until know for sure i'm a permanent resident, or I'm extremely rich and it could be a vacation home (Which 99.9999% of these people wouldn't qualify as). That just isn't very smart.

Third, Hell yes they should still be paying taxes. While they are here, they benefit from public schools, law enforcement, parks, roads, etc. Paying taxes doesn't implant somebody here. It's an obligation that all people should pay if they receive benefit from it.

I didn't know about this issue until today. But I kinda think that after 18 years of kicking the can by both parties. That yes, temporary is over and for the people who established families here, let them stay. That's the government's fault for letting them stay this long. We should fix it, not boot them.

But y'all should ignore basic human decency and side with Trump. Because he said so.
    People take advantage of basic human decency, which is why we have laws. Just because the previous three administration ignored the law and congress on both sides ignored it doesn't make it an obligation that the 4th in line also turns a blind eye.

If I don't pay taxes for 24 years, and the government doesn't act until year 25, does that mean the previous 24 years are forgiven?

The government sitting on their thumbs is no excuse for people to assume temporary means anything other than temporary. And yes there were ways over the last 15 years for many of the people to be granted citizenship, if they were willing to go through the hoops to get it done.
    Yeah, that whole enforcing the laws of the land thingy.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2018

I have to respond...

lol,

Dwight D. Einsenhower and I shared a hearty laugh over this one. The confederate states and I had an even bigger laugh at your expense.

I forgot about that. But even in doing the right thing, and he still took a ton of heat from it. Could you imagine the shit storm our government would face if they perform the remake of the "Night of Broken Glass" to individual states?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

I have to respond...

lol,

I forgot about that. But even in doing the right thing, and he still took a ton of heat from it. Could you imagine the shit storm our government would face if they perform the remake of the "Night of Broken Glass" to individual states?
    Night of the broken glass? Silly comparison.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter

I have to respond...

lol,

JFK also sent federal troops into Mississippi following James Meredith's enrollment at Ole Miss.

edited January 2018

I have to respond...

lol,

JFK also sent federal troops into Mississippi following James Meredith's enrollment at Ole Miss.

Bush sent in federal troops to quell the LA riots in 1992.

I have to respond...

lol,

LBJ sent in federal troops to multiple cities after MLK Jr was assassinated.

I have to respond...

lol,

Bush sent in federal troops to stop looting after Hurricane Hugo.

I have to respond...

lol,

but...but....Trump.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I have to respond...

lol,

but...but....Trump.

2001400ex said:

I have to respond...

lol,

but...but....Trump.

It wouldn't bother me - Chicago is an awesome city with some really shitty parts.

That said, unless bruthas killing one is a federal offense, Trump probably doesn't have legal standing under federal law to send in the National Guard.

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

Da fuq kind of example is that? They were here legally under the law and paid taxes. Your example is not obeying the law.
    They're in the country legally until they overstay their temporary visas at which time they are here illegally. That's the point dumbass.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

They're in the country legally until they overstay their temporary visas at which time they are here illegally. That's the point dumbass.
    Great analysis.

You do understand, however, that no DACAs nor any Salvadorans are getting deported? That Trump’s immigration, trade and foreign policy excretions are all bullshit?

Hopefully the US federal government shuts down once and for all Jan 19. Good luck on the border wall! Maybe Mexico will pay for it.

Troomp gonna troomp.
    Democrats only see illegal immigrants of all kinds as votes for them. That's why Obozo created DACA and the dems admit it openly. This is not how are country operates!