Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Leave!

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

But but but.... Half of the 200,000 are homeowners!!!!

I find this funny...

First, why were banks loaning houses to temporary status residents? Seems like a risk for if they have to leave, the bank is left holding the note.

Second, why are they buying homes to begin with? If I got granted temporary status in let's say Italy, the last thing I'm going to do is buy "real property" until know for sure i'm a permanent resident, or I'm extremely rich and it could be a vacation home (Which 99.9999% of these people wouldn't qualify as). That just isn't very smart.

Third, Hell yes they should still be paying taxes. While they are here, they benefit from public schools, law enforcement, parks, roads, etc. Paying taxes doesn't implant somebody here. It's an obligation that all people should pay if they receive benefit from it.
    Is anyone arguing they shouldn't pay taxes?
    They're arguing that since most are paying taxes, they should be able to stay.

I'm saying that paying taxes doesn't grant you permanent residency.
    I didn't know about this issue until today. But I kinda think that after 18 years of kicking the can by both parties. That yes, temporary is over and for the people who established families here, let them stay. That's the government's fault for letting them stay this long. We should fix it, not boot them.

But y'all should ignore basic human decency and side with Trump. Because he said so.
    Not that you care about this kind of thing but Trump is doing what He said He would do. Get rid of those that aren’t here legally. Like actually following the rule of law.

Unlike the last guy who said She would come up with a Comprehensive immigration solution and never did. Trump has told Congress to put something on his desk and they haven’t done shit.

So until that happens, expect to see more of the same, like he said He would.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

First, why were banks loaning houses to temporary status residents? Seems like a risk for if they have to leave, the bank is left holding the note.

Second, why are they buying homes to begin with? If I got granted temporary status in let's say Italy, the last thing I'm going to do is buy "real property" until know for sure i'm a permanent resident, or I'm extremely rich and it could be a vacation home (Which 99.9999% of these people wouldn't qualify as). That just isn't very smart.

Third, Hell yes they should still be paying taxes. While they are here, they benefit from public schools, law enforcement, parks, roads, etc. Paying taxes doesn't implant somebody here. It's an obligation that all people should pay if they receive benefit from it.

I didn't know about this issue until today. But I kinda think that after 18 years of kicking the can by both parties. That yes, temporary is over and for the people who established families here, let them stay. That's the government's fault for letting them stay this long. We should fix it, not boot them.

But y'all should ignore basic human decency and side with Trump. Because he said so.
    Bullshit. This is not a basic human decency issue, it's a rule of law and personal responsibility issue. 18 years is plenty of time for anyone to navigate the immigration system to either have their temporary status elevated to permanent, or not and live with the legal consequences of that.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

Not that you care about this kind of thing but Trump is doing what He said He would do. Get rid of those that aren’t here legally. Like actually following the rule of law.

Unlike the last guy who said She would come up with a Comprehensive immigration solution and never did. Trump has told Congress to put something on his desk and they haven’t done shit.

So until that happens, expect to see more of the same, like he said He would.
    No one is getting deported under this. Ever.

You trumpanzees got worked again.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

Bullshit. This is not a basic human decency issue, it's a rule of law and personal responsibility issue. 18 years is plenty of time for anyone to navigate the immigration system to either have their temporary status elevated to permanent, or not and live with the legal consequences of that.
    You seem to think there was a path to legal status. Are you sure about that?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
    I think they're home countries is a fine place for them. Trim the list some more.
    Sledog said:

I think they're home countries is a fine place for them. Trim the list some more.

Illiterate trumpanzee potd!
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited January 2018
    Pretty much. Fucking leave. What other country in the world tolerates illegal immigration to the extent that the US does? In what other country does one of major parties act like the wellbeing of illegals is more important than the wellbeing of its own citizens?

Pretty much. Fucking leave. What other country in the world tolerates illegal immigration to the extent that the US does? In what other country does one of major parties act like the wellbeing of illegals is more important than the wellbeing of its own citizens?

edited January 2018
    I want to overstay my welcome in China. It's the decent thing to do for them to let me stay. I have the RIGHT to be there and stay permanently. Said no one ever, because China doesn't have fucking retarded policies, like the US does.

edited January 2018

Leader in the clubhouse: illiterate trumpanzee potd!

Edit: way to edit your post you fucking pussy.

I want to overstay my welcome in China. It's the decent thing to do for them to let me stay. I have the RIGHT to be there and stay permanently. Said no one ever, because China doesn't have fucking retarded policies, like the US does.

First you cry like a bitch about a US federal government that isn’t as nativist, protectionist, nationalist, and isolationist as you deem necessary for troomp’s unskilled and uneducated followers. But then you say China’s policies, which do exactly what you want, are retarded?

Trumpanzee gonna trumpanzee.

So you are an @Swaye now?
    Sledog said:

You must be an @Swaye too?

I'm starting to think that @CirrhosisDawg is here illegally

Triggered

Just like DACAs and Salvadorans, I’ll never be deported.

I'm starting to think that @CirrhosisDawg is here illegally

Triggered

Just like DACAs and Salvadorans, I’ll never be deported.
    You should do the right thing for the good of the country and deport yourself so ICE doesn't have to spend taxpayer money doing it.
    I am a Californian and California is a sanctuary state. Trump bullshit does not apply here. HTH.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited January 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

I find this funny...

People take advantage of basic human decency, which is why we have laws. Just because the previous three administration ignored the law and congress on both sides ignored it doesn't make it an obligation that the 4th in line also turns a blind eye.

If I don't pay taxes for 24 years, and the government doesn't act until year 25, does that mean the previous 24 years are forgiven?

The government sitting on their thumbs is no excuse for people to assume temporary means anything other than temporary. And yes there were ways over the last 15 years for many of the people to be granted citizenship, if they were willing to go through the hoops to get it done.

I am a Californian and California is a sanctuary state. Trump bullshit does not apply here. HTH.

Not for long. California's pressing will be its undoing. Push it too far and you're going to have troops enforcing the law. Stupid faggots, you're also jeopardizing legal weed by drawing all this attention to yourselves over not deporting the foreign spics.