Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Off Season Natty Off to Great Start

2»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

UWKatie said:

Does Hamdan plan on somehow forcing Browning to do some arm strength work? I feel like 11 wins are inevitable, if so.

I used one of those once and didn't seem to improve my arm strength.

Once?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    UWKatie said:

Swaye said:

UWKatie said:

Does Hamdan plan on somehow forcing Browning to do some arm strength work? I feel like 11 wins are inevitable, if so.

Judges have declared this baiting.
    Am I supposed to actually care what the judges think? Is that in the rules too? ;)
    You don't need a winky face for people to know you are sarcastic here. It's implied.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,946 Founders Club

UWKatie said:

Swaye said:

UWKatie said:

Swaye said:

UWKatie said:

Am I supposed to actually care what the judges think? Is that in the rules too? ;)
    With women and shake weights, there are no rules.
    I think we need a shake weight rule. It has to be @pawz old gif signature
    I feel like it's important that I see this old gif signature.

I tagged you in the important gifs thread too.
    TYFYS
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

We are going to be really good next year. We lose Pettis and Vea. Nobody else is really that important.

Browning is still Browning ... I have no expectations for that to magically change.

What concerns me is that I don't see a lot of playmakers in the Front 7 ... we lose Vea and Bierria who were at worst 2 of the top 3 playmakers in the Front 7. We desperately need Levi to take the next step and if Kaho can come in and be a playmaker early on like Shaq was, then our defense has a good chance to remain at relatively the same level that we had in 2017.

Against better teams, I could see us continuing to have challenges and having teams push the upper 20's into the low 30's for points scored against the Defense. The problem is that those teams have the kind of athletes that usually results in Browning throwing up one of his 18 of 32 for 220 games which puts us in a challenging position to outscore the opposition.

We have a ton of weapons on offense next year though. The OL will be as good as it has been in 20 years. Assuming Gaskin comes back the thought of him pairing with Ahmed is amazing. Our TEs should still be strong with Sample and Bryant. The big question is who will emerge at the WR position ... if we can get that in great place then Browning will have no excuses and we should be back to 2016 offensive levels.

It also wouldn't shock me if we had packages in place for Yankoff next year ... I could definitely see him not redshirting given the run/pass option that he gives and allows us to somewhat mitigate Browning at times (as/if needed). That doesn't mean that I think Yankoff would be ahead of Sirmon in 2019 so don't twist. But I do think that it's going to be very likely that the backup next year will be either Yankoff or Sirmon.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,946 Founders Club

UWKatie said:

Swaye said:

UWKatie said:

Swaye said:

UWKatie said:

With women and shake weights, there are no rules.
    I think we need a shake weight rule. It has to be @pawz old gif signature
    I feel like it's important that I see this old gif signature.

I tagged you in the important gifs thread too.
    Sooooooo much FREE PUB!!

.gif deserves a Bounce!

erm, Bump