Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL Oregon-Stanford thread

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    "They don't care that Oregon knows what is coming"

I am so fucking envious, christ. That is what UW used to be. It isn't rocket science, doogs. Dominant lineplay. Physicality. Commit to the run.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    tracker said:

Whatever the outcome of this game, gotta say that Mark Helfrich is one impressive coach. He just seems like the real deal.

Based on what? Wait a few years before anointing him. He couldn't have inherited a better situation.

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Gladstone said:

I am so fucking envious, christ. That is what UW used to be. It isn't rocket science, doogs. Dominant lineplay. Physicality. Commit to the run.

How is Sark going to be recognized as a genius if he simply runs it down teams' throats?

No, recruit QBs and WRs and if you get a couple of big guys thrown in somewhere, throw them out in front of the stars.

Anyway, it's the unis that are important.
    mobey said:

Gladstone said:

How is Sark going to be recognized as a genius if he simply runs it down teams' throats?

No, recruit QBs and WRs and if you get a couple of big guys thrown in somewhere, throw them out in front of the stars.

Anyway, it's the unis that are important.
    I've been saying that for a few years. I have no other explanation why he goes away from the run at crucial times, especially early in games.

• trackertracker Member Posts: 866

tracker said:

Whatever the outcome of this game, gotta say that Mark Helfrich is one impressive coach. He just seems like the real deal.

Based on what? Wait a few years before anointing him. He couldn't have inherited a better situation.

I agree he inherited a great situation. My comment was really about his demeanor. Based on the interviews I've seen he comes across as very self-assured, thoughtful, intelligent. . .a coach with a clear idea of who he is and what he wants to do.

• dhdawg said:

shaw really fucked up his season with his play calling at Utah, he calls a run on 3rd and 2. They're preparing a move to 2nd in the country

Could be back to back years that Stanford misses out on a national title due to weird decisions by Shaw.

I won't say he is a bad coach because if he pulls this off his record will have spoke for itself.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Can Oregon spot 'furd 20? Or, will Helfrich have to settle for a moral victory?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Stanford is so much better at everything. Oregon is sloppy and the special teams are shit. That's on the coach.
  • I love Stanford so much! They defy every Doog myth out there! They wear basic uni's(for the most part), run a boring offense that features the power I where they run the ball down your throat, they play discipline football that focuses on lack of penalties and special teams, more importantly they focus on great line play which they have on both sides.

Oregon hasn't lost much the last few years but the times they do lose is because the opposing team has dominated the line of scrimmage. You'll never defeat Oregon with 5 WR sets, no huddle offense and trying to out score them.

Stanford is what UW used to be. Stanford is just a reminder that the type of football that UW used to win with can still be successful today.
    DAT looks, almost, pedestrian. I know he's coming of injury, but not impressed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited November 2013
    "We played Stanford better than Oregon did. Yet those Half Brains want Sark fired?!! ROFL"- Future Doog post if this score continues.
    Heisman hopeful? "He's looking like Keith Price," to quote a doog. Oregon loses, will Helfrich play the Sark card and blame his players?
    Either Stanford's defense have immaculate timing, or they are benefiting from non-called off-sides.
    Oh my, the little red hen says, "the sky is falling" for Oregon football. That's okay, but why the fuck does it have to Stanford? Thankful right now that Utah joined the conference. Natty looks Alabama and FSU.
    Manziel > Mariota.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club

"We played Stanford better than Oregon did. Yet those Half Brains want Sark fired?!! ROFL"- Future Doog post if this score continues.

Sark put up 28 on these guys!!!! WHOREgon couldn't even score in the first half!!!! DAT said they would hang 40!!!! LOLFOLOLO!!!!
  • Manziel > Mariota.

I think some of our nega's were Quooking it up this week and forgot that Mariota has yet to face a good defense.
  • Football is still the same as it always was. It's all about the line of scrimmage.

Stanford for the second straight year is DOMINATING the line of scrimmage.

Yet some wanted to think that Oregon would beat Bama???
    This game is over. Oregon doesn't want it with Stanford.
    Shit. Oregon's playing like WA at ASU. Not helping my fire Sark agenda.

Fuck. There is no justice in college football. I hate Stanford because they are what WA once was, and I doubt Husky football will return to its former glory.