Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which Seattle Team Makes the Playoffs/BCS Bowel first?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Didn't include the Seahawks because they're actually good.

Which Seattle Team Makes the Playoffs/BCS Bowel first? 28 votes

Mariners
10%
DerekJohnsonQuornDawg[Deleted User] 3 votes
Husky Football
14%
CFetters_Nacho_LoverRoadDawg55alumni94The_Undertaker 4 votes
Husky B-ball Final Four
7%
PurpleBazeGladstone 2 votes
Sonics (RIP)
67%
TierbsHsotBoobsCheersWestDawgRaceBannonFire_Marshall_BillSoutherndawgBennyBeaverDawgtonaMad_SonAZDuckCuntWaffle[Deleted User]dhdawgLoneStarDawggreenbloodMcRibDugtheDoogno_uhuw2010Mosster47 19 votes

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Sonics (RIP)
    if they do end up getting a team they will be the only FO in town who actually gives a fuck
  • Sonics (RIP)
    It's easier to make the NBA playoffs. I don't see the Mariners or either Huskies making the promise land in the next decade while I do see the Sonics returning.

Hansen appears to be an owner who is a win at all costs type of person anyways.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Husky Football
    I was tempted to vote Sonics, but who knows when we get a team. Good poll choices, because none of them seem likely. I'm going to stupidly hope we get lucky with a new coach and he leads us to a BCS Bowl within the next five years.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Right inn:

Seattle Storm

*scissor*
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Scissor me timbers.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Sonics (RIP)
    Easiest poll ever
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Uh, the field?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Husky B-ball Final Four
    Bball. Just need some good players, good chemistry, and a lucky draw in the NCAAs.
  • Sonics (RIP)
    Gladstone said:

Bball. Just need some good players, good chemistry, and a lucky draw in the NCAAs.

Romar is done getting those type of players. He had his chance already and it didn't happen.

UW basketball under Romar is like Oregon State football/Cal Football under Riley or Tedford.
    Husky B-ball Final Four
    I'd agree that Romar is like a pre-2012 version of Jeff Tedford. He's very flawed, but damn if he hasn't had some great years and some championships. More than I can say for Riley and Tedford. I keep harkening back to that Oregon team that made the elite 8 without facing a single digit seed. With a draw like that I think UW bball could make some noise. I also disagree that Romar is 'done getting those types of players.' You mean guys like BRoy, IT, Nate, Brock, Hawes, Ross, Wroten? Romar has been a pretty good instate recruiter. He was stupid to go after high hanging fruit like Parker or Gordon or Bird though.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    Husky Football
    I have hope for UW football. If Ron Zook can lead Illinoizzzzz to the Rose Bowl then by Allah, so can Sark.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    The Sounders since we're a futbol city now. Football is dead and our Seattle elites want to emulate Europe in every aspect.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Gladstone said:

I'd agree that Romar is like a pre-2012 version of Jeff Tedford. He's very flawed, but damn if he hasn't had some great years and some championships. More than I can say for Riley and Tedford. I keep harkening back to that Oregon team that made the elite 8 without facing a single digit seed. With a draw like that I think UW bball could make some noise. I also disagree that Romar is 'done getting those types of players.' You mean guys like BRoy, IT, Nate, Brock, Hawes, Ross, Wroten? Romar has been a pretty good instate recruiter. He was stupid to go after high hanging fruit like Parker or Gordon or Bird though.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

This is about a big a fucking doog fest for bball as I have ever fucking read.

Oh ... if we could get a good draw ... and not have to play anyone who is actually good ... we might make it to the elite 8.

Oh ... we had some great regular season years ... didn't do shit when we got to "the dance" ... but fuckin' A ... we wupped some ass when it didn't matter!

Oh ... our coach is stupid for actually trying to land big name local recruits. We should count on being darn good during the regular season and hope and fucking pray we get a good draw during the tourney. Stick to B players ... they're good enough for Washington.

Fucking Christ.

Sooner or later you take a look at your coach, realize you got what you got ... and you either accept the average results ... or you fire his ass and bring in someone who will take you to the next level.

Doog.
    Husky B-ball Final Four
    bro do you even lift

if he misses the ncaas this year then i could get on board with that train of thought. i don't hold uw hoops to the same standards as uw football, and romar has won several championships and plenty of big games. sure he sucks in the non-conference and on the road, and the past two years have been disappointments, but historically he's one of the best we've had.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Gladstone said:

bro do you even lift

if he misses the ncaas this year then i could get on board with that train of thought. i don't hold uw hoops to the same standards as uw football, and romar has won several championships and plenty of big games. sure he sucks in the non-conference and on the road, and the past two years have been disappointments, but historically he's one of the best we've had.

Doog
    Husky B-ball Final Four
    ok
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I like Romar, because he's a good Christian role model for the young black youfs.
  • Sonics (RIP)

I like Romar, because he's a good Christian role model for the young black youfs.

If he were white like Tebow there would be a front page article on him.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    Sonics (RIP)

He's not?
  • Sonics (RIP)

He's not?
    Have you seen the guys he recruits the last few years?