Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Texas steals ASU's AD

2»

Comments

• dnc said:

I don't think Saban will leave, but he has admitted that winning at Alabama is not even fun because it is expected. He said it's a relief when you win because they have gotten so good. At some point, he will leave for another challenge.

Which is why the Dallas Cowboys would be stupid to not offer him a contract.

For those who say he failed at Miami go look at the team he was taking over and how they have done since he left.

Also look at Pete Carroll's coaching record in the NFL before returning.

I also mainly don't want Saban to go to Texas just so I can say Kim is wrong.
    Saban to Dallas would be interesting. The only problem is Jerry Jones. I doubt Saban would accept the job unless Jones shut up and took a significantly lesser role.

Jones wants to win and he will shut up for Saban..........at first. He did that with Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. I think he'd do that again with Saban, they wouldn't start hating each other until year four.
    Saban's not dumb enough to be the next Jimmy who builds a dynasty only to be sacrificed on the altar of Jerry's ego.

Saban may well leave Bama, but it won't ever be for the Cowboys unless there's an ownership change.

Jimmy did win two Super Bowls. Only him and Switzer(major asterisk) have won a natty and a Super Bowl. Carroll is trying to join that and Saban could do that too.

The Cowboys aren't a major rebuilding project. They are like what UW is now. They have talent but the coaching sucks.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

I don't think Saban will leave, but he has admitted that winning at Alabama is not even fun because it is expected. He said it's a relief when you win because they have gotten so good. At some point, he will leave for another challenge.

Which is why the Dallas Cowboys would be stupid to not offer him a contract.

For those who say he failed at Miami go look at the team he was taking over and how they have done since he left.

Also look at Pete Carroll's coaching record in the NFL before returning.

I also mainly don't want Saban to go to Texas just so I can say Kim is wrong.
    Saban to Dallas would be interesting. The only problem is Jerry Jones. I doubt Saban would accept the job unless Jones shut up and took a significantly lesser role.

Jones wants to win and he will shut up for Saban..........at first. He did that with Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. I think he'd do that again with Saban, they wouldn't start hating each other until year four.
    Saban's not dumb enough to be the next Jimmy who builds a dynasty only to be sacrificed on the altar of Jerry's ego.

Saban may well leave Bama, but it won't ever be for the Cowboys unless there's an ownership change.

Jimmy did win two Super Bowls. Only him and Switzer(major asterisk) have won a natty and a Super Bowl. Carroll is trying to join that and Saban could do that too.

The Cowboys aren't a major rebuilding project. They are like what UW is now. They have talent but the coaching sucks.
    Yes, but if Jerry wasn't a moron Jimmy wins 5 or 6 rings. Saban's not coming back to the NFL to win 2. If he comes back he's coming to build a dynasty. He knows he can't do that in Big D.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

Mike Leach to Alabama

Keep that Pullman-to-Tuscaloosa pipeline rollin'.

obligatory fix

I stand corrected.